10 chicken drumsticks
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tblsp oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
10 slices bacon
1. Pull skin down to leg knuckle.
2. With a knife, cut the meat tendons and sinew around the leg just below the knuckle.
3. Pull or scrape the meat down the bone to form the lollipop. Pull as much sinew out with needle nose pliers as you can.
4. Pull/cut skin off the knuckle so bare bone is exposed.
5. Mix together the ingredients above except for the drumsticks and bacon. Marinate the lollipops for 2-hours, evenly coating the drumsticks in a gallon sealable bag.
6. After marinating, drain the lollipops and wrap bacon around the meat.
7. In a 250° smoker, stand the lollipops up on the grill trapping one end of the bacon between the grill and meat so it does not unwrap.
8. Smoke the chicken lollipops for about 2-hours or until the bacon is crisp and brown and the chicken is not pink and the juices run clear.
Enjoy with some homemade potato salad and fresh green beans from the garden. Wash down with your favorite beverage!