or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoker Builds › Reverse Flow › 275 gallon RF Flame Smoker Completed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

275 gallon RF Flame Smoker Completed - Page 5

post #81 of 91
Thread Starter 

Had to show a pic of the spread as they were going through the line... That is me in the front of the line getting the Brides plate for her. I always help the Bride get her food so that she does not make a mess of herself with an accident. It also gives you an edge on the service that you provide. The compliments were off the HOOK....

 

post #82 of 91
That's some of the best wedding food I've ever seen!

What temp did you cook that brisket at? It looks phenominal!
post #83 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger View Post

That's some of the best wedding food I've ever seen!

What temp did you cook that brisket at? It looks phenominal!


Thank you very much. I cook everything at the 220 mark...I wrapped it when it hit the 170 and pulled it off at 195.... It was perfect food ... But I have to give credit mostly to the design of the smoker... it cooks way different then any other smoker I have cooked on... The food turn out perfect on everything I through on it... Easy to control and cook is perfect..

post #84 of 91
I'm so glad you guys have posted on this subject!!! I have an oil tank mounted on an old pop up camper trailer frame. I've been wanting to add a FB to it so I can actually use the cooking space it has. It also had a spring assist lid.
post #85 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gril1 Sgt View Post

I'm so glad you guys have posted on this subject!!! I have an oil tank mounted on an old pop up camper trailer frame. I've been wanting to add a FB to it so I can actually use the cooking space it has. It also had a spring assist lid.

Hi Gril1,

 

You may want to start a new thread with this project in it as you will get a ton of info on how to go about it. This will keep things simple for you to go about it . There are some great guys that will help you along the way to get you to where you want to be...

 

Thanks, Rich

post #86 of 91

Hi Rich!

 

I think I'm pretty much covered with the info I found here.  The guy that coaches the high school's bass team with me is also the welding teacher!thumb1.gif  So..........we're going to do a rebuild and let the students get hands on, real world experience.  I may start a new thread then with pics of the students in action.

post #87 of 91
Thread Starter 

Sounds like a great Idea... good luck, one of the best features I like is the heat plate they talked me into.... it will help to keep the entire CC at the same temp.... I register 1.5 degrees from right to left in mine and I think that is outstanding... Love the way this thing cooks...

 

I want to build another one already.... I am thinking of selling this one. What do you guys out there think this one would sell for....

 

Thanks..

post #88 of 91
We had discussed adding some metal to the side walls to help insulate and even out temps better. Also want to make the RF baffle with a lip so it will hold water as well. The guy I got this from (for free), paid $500 for it. I kicked him $100 cash though since he put new tires to haul it home.... and he also had put a fresh coat of paint on it.
post #89 of 91
Thread Starter 

Check out post # 56 in this thread... You will see one 1/2" steel plate that is sticking into the FB and goes about 2/3rds the way through the CC. The fire heats the plate and then disperses it evenly in the CC.... It eliminates any cold spots.....  

post #90 of 91

This is one of the best posts that I've read.  I am just seeing it for the first time so I went through I wanted to make so many comments and decide to give one at the end.

This is a sick build.  I lived the flames throughout and I really liked how you reused to old tools.  Very creative, one of a kind smoker and the fact that if smoked a 200 lb pig perfectly on your first smoke is very impressive.  Really nice job.

post #91 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Sicc View Post
 

This is one of the best posts that I've read.  I am just seeing it for the first time so I went through I wanted to make so many comments and decide to give one at the end.

This is a sick build.  I lived the flames throughout and I really liked how you reused to old tools.  Very creative, one of a kind smoker and the fact that if smoked a 200 lb pig perfectly on your first smoke is very impressive.  Really nice job.


Thanks allot man.... I am by no means perfect at this yet... but, I believe I have gotten off on the right foot with it. It is a dream to cook with. But the guys here are the ones that helped me tweak it before I even started to build and put me on the right track.  I am looking forward to the next build already, but I need to get this one gone first... I love the details on this also and have gotten many compliments from the build at the gigs so far....

 

Thanks again Robb.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Reverse Flow
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoker Builds › Reverse Flow › 275 gallon RF Flame Smoker Completed