or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Tri-Tip Salad w/pics
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tri-Tip Salad w/pics

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Been a while since I posted, so figured I would share a little something I threw together tonight.

Tri-Tip was seasoned with an off the shelf seasoning blend. Smoked at 275 till 130it. Then a quick sear in the cast iron skillet. I allowed it to rest for about 30 min before slicing.





You can see the grain of the meat real well. I did my first cut with the grain to get a more manageable piece to work with as I cut across the grain.





post #2 of 9

Hello my friend.  Hope you and the family are well.  Looks a mighty fine plate to me!  Fine job as always.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

post #3 of 9

Looks perfect!  I have done reverse sears but need to try it with a cast iron skillet and a tri tip.  I have an IR therm I've never used cooking so I'll use it to make sure the skillet is 700*+.

post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC5TPY View Post

Hello my friend.  Hope you and the family are well.  Looks a mighty fine plate to me!  Fine job as always.  Keep Smokin!
Danny

Thank you Danny. Things are good on this side of the pond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr K View Post

Looks perfect!  I have done reverse sears but need to try it with a cast iron skillet and a tri tip.  I have an IR therm I've never used cooking so I'll use it to make sure the skillet is 700*+.

Thank you.
It was not part of the plan to smoke at the temp I did or even sear it. We had storms rolling in and needed to get it in and out quickly.
Normally when I reverse sear I have the cook chamber at a lower temp and bring the meat to the desired IT over a longer time and then quick sear to get the desired color. I have never temped the skillet or grill when searing, just go for color and doneness by touch.
post #5 of 9
Wow. Looks great. I have to look harder for some tri tip.
post #6 of 9

Tasty looking tri tip! Just so happens I had left over tri tip salad for sinner last night!

post #7 of 9

Always delicious with you Chef! And I'm still excited to see your cobia photo too!!! Great job! Cheers! - Leah

post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

Wow. Looks great. I have to look harder for some tri tip.

Thank you. I keep an eye out for it at my local store. Only get it when I know I can use it all either at first service or as leftovers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Tasty looking tri tip! Just so happens I had left over tri tip salad for sinner last night!

Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah Elisheva View Post

Always delicious with you Chef! And I'm still excited to see your cobia photo too!!! Great job! Cheers! - Leah

Thank you. I resent the pic and it is also posted in my work photos on my profile page.
post #9 of 9

Mighty fine looking Tri!!   Great pink color mmmmmm

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Tri-Tip Salad w/pics