Hi All Here are the results of the smoked Turkey breast, 7.39 lbs
1. Brined for 19 hrs 1 gal water,1/2 cup sugar,1/2 cup kosher salt, 1/4 cup each of McCormick montreal & chicken seasoning.
2. Rubbed under the skin with butter/garlic & onion power.Olive oil/garlic& onion power on the skin.
3. Start temp 325 for a 2 hrs.Then 280/300 till done.
4. 2 chunks apple and 1 of cherry.
5. Final temp was close to 180. I didn't keep a close eye on the breast temps.
6. Total cook time was 3 hr 15 mins
Breast wasn't as juicy and tasty as the first one I did..Skin wasn't crisp. Could all this be a results of OVER cooking?
PS My wife thought it was good. I was expecting more of an onion & garlic taste, since It was seasoned heavy.
Did taste better cold latter at night..