I tried smoked lobster tails today....DELICIOUS!
Here's what I did:
1) Cut shell (backside) down the middle to expose meat.
2) Separate shell (so it stays open).
3) Soak tails in some crab boil for a couple of hours (or more with no heat). I used Cajun's Choice.
Mix the baste/sauce:
1) Melt 2 sticks of butter in a jar
2) Add 3 tbs of lemon juice to melted butter
3) Add 1 teaspoon of chili powder
4) Add 1 tbs salt
5) Add a dash of cayenne pepper
6) Mix ingredients together and let sit
Set up Grill:
1) I used apple wood
2) Set grill to 250 degrees with smoke flowing.
1) Put skewers in lobster tails to prevent curling.
2) Put a coating of the now thickened butter solution on each tail
3) Place lobster on the grill with the backside up. Baste periodically with butter solution
4) Pull when internal temperature is between 135 and 150 degrees (depends on your taste).
Serve as soon as it's pulled from the grill.