or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › PRIME RIB (My Newest Best Ever!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PRIME RIB (My Newest Best Ever!) - Page 2

post #21 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQWIB View Post
 

BEAR! You are definitely the PR guy in these parts, Hopefully when my kids move out... me and Mrs. SQWIB can afford red meat again.

Great Job my friend!

 

Thanks SQWIB !!!

I know what you mean---I only buy this stuff when on sale. I've been paying $4.99 for the last 5 years, until December 2013. Then I paid $6.99---Still not bad, but not $4.99 !!

 

Bear

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah Elisheva View Post
 

Bear!!! Happy Wednesday!!!!

 

I'm just seeing this now, and the color is FANTASTIC!

 

You know just how to make these and have that fabulous and perfectly soft flesh and wonderful hue and all!

 

That must have been delicious!!! (All too often people cook these too much, and yours looks perfect)!

 

Terrific job!

 

Cheers! - Leah

 

Thank You Leah!!

 

Prime Rib is my specialty, and when I can't make my specialty right, it will be time to quit !!

 

I knew you'd like it !!

 

Bear

post #22 of 32

what is the grate in the bottom of your pan ?

post #23 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARAUDER View Post
 

what is the grate in the bottom of your pan ?

 

Good Question!

That wire cooling rack keeps the Prime Rib from laying in it's juices, and it also allows Smoke to get to the bottom side of the PR.

 

 

Bear

post #24 of 32

who makes this? 

post #25 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARAUDER View Post
 

who makes this? 

 

Not supposed to post links on this forum.

 

Try putting the following in an Internet search box:

 

12 QTY - 1/2 SIZE WIRE PAN GRATE / COOLING RACK - RESTAURANT

 

 

There could be cheaper ones---I just grabbed a quick one for you.

 

I get mine from a little local kitchen supply place in Macungie, PA.

 

Bear

post #26 of 32

Another question for you John... what made you decide to leave the salt off this one?  Did you find it too salty, or did it effect the moisture of the meat?

post #27 of 32

That looks perfect!!! 

 

One quick question....  Is there a reason you buy them with the bone and de-bone it yourself rather than buying a whole rib section already off the bone like you see at Sam's Club, Costco, etc?

post #28 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRmrJmr View Post
 

That looks perfect!!! 

 

One quick question....  Is there a reason you buy them with the bone and de-bone it yourself rather than buying a whole rib section already off the bone like you see at Sam's Club, Costco, etc?

 

Main reason is because that's what they had in the store. If they were selling boneless for a good price, I'd buy that.

If they had them both for the same price, I guess I'd buy the "Bone-in", so I can get some good meaty Beef Ribs.

The one time I bought a total of 70 pounds of Choice Standing Rib. I believe that ended up as 10 steaks, 8 boneless Prime Ribs (5 to 6 pounds each), and 14 pounds of meaty Beef Ribs, all for $350.

I vacuum sealed it all, and it lasted me 2 years.

 

Bear

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turick View Post
 

Another question for you John... what made you decide to leave the salt off this one?  Did you find it too salty, or did it effect the moisture of the meat?

 

I never used a lot of salt, but since that emergency open heart operation (19 months ago) I've cut back on salt pretty hard. That 9 hours of surgery caused Congestive Heart failure, CKD, blood pressure 50 points higher on the left side than on the right, Hemibalismus, Numbness in my whole right leg & foot, my left eye only opens half way, and my whole Aorta is Dissected. I had none of these problems before the operation!!!

Since I cut back on salt, I have gotten off the diuretics and the Potassium, and my Kidney numbers have gotten better.

 

Bear

post #29 of 32

Good for you Bear, way too much salt in just about everything we eat.

 

Gary S

post #30 of 32

:drool:This looks so good!!!!!!

I want to try a prime rib but I am scared to experiment with a $50+ piece of meat. Might try it for my Birthday later this summer.

post #31 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
 

I never used a lot of salt, but since that emergency open heart operation (19 months ago) I've cut back on salt pretty hard. That 9 hours of surgery caused Congestive Heart failure, CKD, blood pressure 50 points higher on the left side than on the right, Hemibalismus, Numbness in my whole right leg & foot, my left eye only opens half way, and my whole Aorta is Dissected. I had none of these problems before the operation!!!

Since I cut back on salt, I have gotten off the diuretics and the Potassium, and my Kidney numbers have gotten better.

 

Bear

 

Oh my... wow I'm glad you made it through all that, even though it sounds like you're living with a lot of difficulty now.  I'm sorry to hear that, but glad you're still here!

post #32 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post
 

Good for you Bear, way too much salt in just about everything we eat.

 

Gary S

 

Thanks Gary!!

Funny thing how once you hardly ever use salt for awhile, you put a tiny bit on something, and it tastes much too salty.

 

Bear

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turick View Post
 

 

Oh my... wow I'm glad you made it through all that, even though it sounds like you're living with a lot of difficulty now.  I'm sorry to hear that, but glad you're still here!

 

Thank You Josh!!

Yup, it's a PITA----stopped my Chainsaw carving & slowed my smoking. Can't do a lot of the things around the house that I always did.

I think one of the reasons I'm still here is all the prayers for me from this forum.

And I Thank them All !

 

Bear

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUFFMAN View Post
 

This looks so good!!!!!!

I want to try a prime rib but I am scared to experiment with a $50+ piece of meat. Might try it for my Birthday later this summer.

 

Thanks DUFFMAN !!

Prime Rib is the easiest thing to smoke, and the best tasting!!

 

This is my Best Step by Step to follow:

Smoked Prime Rib (My Best Ever)    

 

 

Bear

 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › PRIME RIB (My Newest Best Ever!)