or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Cold Smoking › Bacon › What's the cost of pork belly????
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's the cost of pork belly????

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

I just picked up 10# of pork belly and paid $3.10 per pound. Did I get hosed??? What are you guys paying????

Gary

post #2 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire in the hole View Post

I just picked up 10# of pork belly and paid $3.10 per pound. Did I get hosed??? What are you guys paying????
Gary



Not at all....... Better bacon at a lower price than the store.....
post #3 of 15

I paid $3.59 / lb last week...skin on, frozen.

post #4 of 15

They recently went up to $2.60/lb. now at a small butcher shop 19 miles from my house.

post #5 of 15

$2.50/lb for whole bellies straight from the butcher, here in northeast OH.

post #6 of 15

Where is everyone purchasing pork belly?  Do any grocery chains have them or do you get them from a specialty butcher?

post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerSmoke View Post
 

Where is everyone purchasing pork belly?  Do any grocery chains have them or do you get them from a specialty butcher?

 

They have them at most of the butcher shops around me...

post #8 of 15

The Chinese stores will have them - they sell small chunks in the case, but If you ask, they'll get you a full, untrimmed belly, w/ the spares attached and skin.  $3/lb last time I got one.

post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 

Well..........ok..........I can't complain to much then. My price was a little higher than most.......but I guess I just paid $5.00 more for 10# of what will be a darn good product (bacon).

Thanks..........Gary

post #10 of 15

last week I bought a #12 for .99

post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalotim View Post

last week I bought a #12 for .99


Tim..... welcome to the forum..... Please swing by Roll Call so our members can give you a warm welcome..... In your profile, please note where you are from....... We need to know where bellies can be had for $ 0.99...... Dave
post #12 of 15

 Hello Dave and thank you for the welcomeing HEB in Gatesville Texas they come 4 to a case but for the price who cares LOL a whole belly costs around 12$ just bought 2 mid April to make sausage and smoke on Love me some smoked pork belly

post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalotim View Post
 

 Hello Dave and thank you for the welcomeing HEB in Gatesville Texas they come 4 to a case but for the price who cares LOL a whole belly costs around 12$ just bought 2 mid April to make sausage and smoke on Love me some smoked pork belly

 

Better stock up at that price!

post #14 of 15

I just talked to one of our meat suppliers today. rind off belly $2.89 our cost.

post #15 of 15

Paid 3.19 case price last January. Meatier than store bought for sure, plus altogrther cost around 3.49 per # to process, smoke cure and all.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Bacon
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Cold Smoking › Bacon › What's the cost of pork belly????