Inspired by everyone, I attempted my first brisket flat on Saturday. It was a valuable learning experience and I'm looking forward to doing one again.
1. Scored fat cap in checkerboard fashion. 2.8lb brisket to flat
2. Rubbed with mustard.
3. Rubbed with #2 Beef Rub (combination of #1 Beef Rub and 4T of ground coffee. For recipe see my eye round post)
4. Wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in refrigerator for 24 hrs.
5. Took out meat and warmed to room temp (1/2 hour)
6. Prepped WSM using Minion method. Used 2 chunks hickory, 2 chunks mesquite.
7. Stabilized WSM at 225, placed meat on grate, re seasoning with coating of rub.
8. Monitored temp with probe until meat reached 165. About 3 hrs. Wrapped in foil, and placed back on smoker until temperature reached 202.
9. Removed from smoker and let rest for 1 hr, wrapped in towel and placed in cooler.
10. Cut and served.