or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Smoked Pork Loin, Lots Of Mushrooms, Some Breads, Country Ham Pot Pie & A Killer Version Of My Cheesecake
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Smoked Pork Loin, Lots Of Mushrooms, Some Breads, Country Ham Pot Pie & A Killer Version Of My Cheesecake - Page 4

post #61 of 77

Just saw your link thank you!

post #62 of 77

I am going for the ingredients today. Will try your cheesecake tomorrow. Thanks again!

post #63 of 77

I will look at ur cheesecake. Thx for the link smokinb!

post #64 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeflover View Post
 

count me in 2! I will have my gf try it out :)

 

I bet you guys enjoy it  :smile:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshPiper View Post
 

Just saw your link thank you!

 

You're welcome  :beercheer:

post #65 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaBeachlover View Post
 

I am going for the ingredients today. Will try your cheesecake tomorrow. Thanks again!

 

You're welcome Tonya  :beercheer:  Let me know how you like it  thumb1.gif

post #66 of 77

All those breads are cool! I want 2 make something like ur mushrooms on the weekend. They realy look bangin!

post #67 of 77
Now that's what I call a meal. Your one hell of a cook. Can I get that loaf of bread recipe from you?. Everything looks amazing!
post #68 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsmokeguy View Post
 

All those breads are cool! I want 2 make something like ur mushrooms on the weekend. They realy look bangin!

 

They are really good! I highly recommend them  Thumbs Up

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuewInIt View Post

Now that's what I call a meal. Your one hell of a cook. Can I get that loaf of bread recipe from you?. Everything looks amazing!

 

Thanks man  :smile:  Yeah I'll get the recipe for you when I get up to my house later - I'm currently in my shop...

post #69 of 77
Thank you sir. I appreciate it much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking B View Post



Thanks man  smile.gif   Yeah I'll get the recipe for you when I get up to my house later - I'm currently in my shop...
post #70 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuewInIt View Post

Thank you sir. I appreciate it much

 

No problem man. I just got up here - gonna make something to eat then I will get it up for you  thumb1.gif

post #71 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuewInIt View Post

Now that's what I call a meal. Your one hell of a cook. Can I get that loaf of bread recipe from you?. Everything looks amazing!

 

Ok here you go...

 

 

You need to start this the day before you want the bread - I generally start around noonish...

 

 

 

Mix 1 tsp yeast, I cup rye flour & 1 cup water together. Cover & let it sit for 6 - 8 hours

 

After 6 - 8 hours add 1/2 cup rye flour, 1/2 cup AP flour & 1 cup water. Mix together. If you have an altus add 2 Tbsp of it to make a big difference. Cover & let sit overnight.

 

The next day add 2 cups AP flour, 2 cups bread flour, 1 1/2 Tbsp yeast, 2 tsp coffee mixed with 2 oz. water, 1 tsp ground toasted fennel seed, 1/4 cup molasses, 1 Tbsp salt & 5 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa. Mix together well. Add 1 cup water & mix again. Keep adding water till it comes together into a stiff dough - it usually takes around 1/2 cupish more for me. The dough will be tacky at this point.

 

Knead the dough for a good 10 minutes till you can stretch it without it breaking right away - it may or may not pass a window pane test but it should be close. Let it rise for an hour in your bowl then punch it down. Form 2 loaves, put into loaf pans & let rise till doubled in size.

 

Preheat your oven to 375 & punch the loaves down one last time. Let them rise one more time till doubled in size.

 

At this point I like to beat an egg yolk & brush the tops of the loaves then sprinkle them with oatmeal or cornmeal - this is optional but I like to do it.

 

Put the loaves in the oven for approximately 45 - 50 minutes till you get a nice hollow sound tapping on them - my oven takes 50 minutes.

 

After baking remove from oven & take loaves out of pans as soon as they are cool enough to handle - this keeps the sides from sweating & getting soft....

 

Set the loaves on cooling racks for a couple hours before slicing so they don't get "sad"

 

After cooling, slice & enjoy your bread  thumb1.gif

post #72 of 77
Awesome! I can't wait to make it... Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking B View Post

Ok here you go...


You need to start this the day before you want the bread - I generally start around noonish...



Mix 1 tsp yeast, I cup rye flour & 1 cup water together. Cover & let it sit for 6 - 8 hours

After 6 - 8 hours add 1/2 cup rye flour, 1/2 cup AP flour & 1 cup water. Mix together. If you have an altus add 2 Tbsp of it to make a big difference. Cover & let sit overnight.

The next day add 2 cups AP flour, 2 cups bread flour, 1 1/2 Tbsp yeast, 2 tsp coffee mixed with 2 oz. water, 1 tsp ground toasted fennel seed, 1/4 cup molasses, 1 Tbsp salt & 5 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa. Mix together well. Add 1 cup water & mix again. Keep adding water till it comes together into a stiff dough - it usually takes around 1/2 cupish more for me. The dough will be tacky at this point.

Knead the dough for a good 10 minutes till you can stretch it without it breaking right away - it may or may not pass a window pane test but it should be close. Let it rise for an hour in your bowl then punch it down. Form 2 loaves, put into loaf pans & let rise till doubled in size.

Preheat your oven to 375 & punch the loaves down one last time. Let them rise one more time till doubled in size.

At this point I like to beat an egg yolk & brush the tops of the loaves then sprinkle them with oatmeal or cornmeal - this is optional but I like to do it.

Put the loaves in the oven for approximately 45 - 50 minutes till you get a nice hollow sound tapping on them - my oven takes 50 minutes.

After baking remove from oven & take loaves out of pans as soon as they are cool enough to handle - this keeps the sides from sweating & getting soft....

Set the loaves on cooling racks for a couple hours before slicing so they don't get "sad"

After cooling, slice & enjoy your bread  thumb1.gif
post #73 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking B View Post

 

 

 

 

& there we go...

 

 

 

 

 

Chocolate overload cheesecake!

 

 

& finally to finish up the meal was a slice of the new chocolate overload cheesecake.

 

 

 

 

WOW!!

 

 

 

 

 

This thing is crazy rich & satisfying! I'm pretty sure I will continue to do this to my chocolate cheesecakes!  :xrocker:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yes, you keep making and eating those, you doctor will make lots of money, some day in the future!

post #74 of 77

What exactly are you trying to say with a statement like that to Smokin B?? :-o

post #75 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuewInIt View Post

Awesome! I can't wait to make it... Thanks again!

 

You're quite welcome  :beercheer:

post #76 of 77

Ok, I'm late to the party but, WOW, some great looking grub! Thanks for the bread recipe. I will be adding it to my to do list with the recipe for the Cheese Cake from your other post...JJ

post #77 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef JimmyJ View Post
 

Ok, I'm late to the party but, WOW, some great looking grub! Thanks for the bread recipe. I will be adding it to my to do list with the recipe for the Cheese Cake from your other post...JJ

 

Thanks Jimmy  :smile:  It sure was some good eating! Let me know what you think of the bread if you make some...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Smoked Pork Loin, Lots Of Mushrooms, Some Breads, Country Ham Pot Pie & A Killer Version Of My Cheesecake