After getting Jeff's letter last Thursday with recommendations for Easter, I just had to try the smoked leg of lamb and I must say it was enjoyed by the entire family and made for a great main course.
What I used (modified recipe slightly)
- 5.2 lb Leg of lamb, boneless
- Cream cheese, 8 oz package
- 1 jalapeno, cleaned, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup of crumbled bacon
- Olive oil, extra virgin
- Byron's Butt Rub
- Butchers twine (to tie up roast)
- Cheese Cloth (to seal ends of roast preventing cream chees mixture from leaking out as Jeff recommended)
I pulled the roast when it reached an internal temp of 150 degrees and let it rest for 30 minutes. My bunch prefers their lamb on the medium side. You can see in the plated photo below just a light pink color.
Cooked at 225 and pulled after 5 hours when it reached internal temp of 150 degrees.
Cheese cloth did a nice job of containing the cream cheese mixture; didn't lose any!
A photo after two slices
Cream cheese is spread out nicely throughout roast
add some potatoes
and a spring time spinach and strawberry salad
and you get the money shot!
Finished off dinner with a lovely lemon and raspberry dessert!