or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › General Discussion › can i leave my digital eletric smoker outside?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

can i leave my digital eletric smoker outside?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

i just bought a mes 30 digital smoker 

 

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Masterbuilt-30-Electric-Smokehouse/7811422

 

it has a cover does anyone has this model and do you keep it outside? 

post #2 of 13

I leave mine outside with the cover on has been there for around 3 years  no problem..I live in Wyoming..

post #3 of 13

Mine has lived outside on my deck since the day I got it. It has a roof over it but no cover on the smoker. It gets used many more days than not & I've had no trouble with it...

post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking B View Post
 

Mine has lived outside on my deck since the day I got it. It has a roof over it but no cover on the smoker. It gets used many more days than not & I've had no trouble with it...


good ty for helping,  i also was wondering if urs and mine are the same generation ive been reading new gen smokers isnt quite as good as the old.

post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
 


good ty for helping,  i also was wondering if urs and mine are the same generation ive been reading new gen smokers isnt quite as good as the old.

 

No problem man  :beercheer:  Mine is the older version.

post #6 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking B View Post
 

 

No problem man  :beercheer:  Mine is the older version.


cool can i get ur model number if its no problem so i can check mine?   ty

post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
 


cool can i get ur model number if its no problem so i can check mine?   ty

 

I'm down at my shop right now - I'll get it when I go up to the house for a bite to eat shortly...

post #8 of 13

Ok I'm getting ready to go up - I'll get you that number directly...

post #9 of 13

Ok mine is a model 20070910

post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 

wow thnx looks like i got lucky got the same 1

post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
 

wow thnx looks like i got lucky got the same 1

 

Good deal  :beercheer:  You can crank out some good eats with it  :icon_mrgreen:  The two best things I ever did for mine were to get an AMNPS & do my version of the mailbox mod - I've never looked back since then... Enjoy your new MES!  :banana_smiley:

post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 

with my old char broil i just put pellets in the chip pan worked great saved me $ too.ill try on my new 1 to seeif it works out

post #13 of 13

A must have is an AMNPS Pellet smoke generator from, http://www.amazenproducts.com/Default.asp  I have tried Pellets in the chip drawer and they caught fire or burned up very quickly....JJ

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › General Discussion › can i leave my digital eletric smoker outside?