I have a pork but in the smoker right now and has been in there for about 4 hrs. However there is no smoke. What am I doing wrong?
Any tips will be appreciated.
It would help to have some more info. Like what type of smoker you have and what type of wood you are using. If you are doing it right there will be just a whisp of blue smoke coming out of the vent and it will smell good. Pictures say a thousand words as well.
there is a whole section of this forum devoted to that smoker. Use the search feature at the top of the page. You will be smoking away in minutes. I do not have an electric smoker so can be of no help, but someone will be along to help you. It would be a shame to not have any smoke flavor from your smoker. You might want to look into an amazin pellet smoker as an addition to your unit. search mes smoke issues or something like that. I am sure it is something very simple to get up and smoking.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/160522/help-mes-not-putting-out-smoke/20 If I read this right you might have to bend the heating element up to meet the chip tray. Or call the company as this seems to be an ongoing defect.
I bent the heating element on my MES30 works a lot better, I will also offer these tips I have learned about the MES30.
1. Temperature controllers are always way out of calibration, some read low, some read high.
2. Bend the heating element so the at the rear portion of the element touches the chip tray. (remove chip tray first)
3. Add the first load of chips as it is warming up (1/2 load of chips) this will start the chips smoldering.
4. When using the chip loader DO NOT rotate the loader back to the original position after you "dump" the chips into the chip tray, you get a better draft and it will keep the chips making smoke.
5. Side vent keep open all the way.