or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Grilled Chicken"

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

Well yes, I can do that ....... smoker got the night off. So I fired up my baby! You have no idea how much food, in small quanties, has been burnt to delicious perfection on my baby! I know she's been feeling neglected. She's my answer to the mini Webers. No, it only does two chickens, maybe two spares if I am lucky. But..... if I want more I can break out a bigger pit.  I lub and understand my baby!

 

That's my baby, that's the levee, that's the deck (or whats left, we had to remove some for the elevator). Never a more true pit has been built.

 

 

I long ago refined the art of cooking smaller portions. Instead of having one for later which always seemed to get eaten later that night, I just cooked less and I got to cook again sooner!

 

Split a whole bird, grabbed a couple a links of homemade Cajun smoked "HOT" sausage, let the pellicle form. a chimney is lit, when right into the pit, clean the grate with a wire brush, rub the chicken with salt and pepper throw that sucker on. My basting sauce is butter, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. 10 mins. flip, 10 mins. flip, 15/15/15 basting and flipping.

 

 

Threw in a few pecan shells, just cause I could!

 

 

I always use the good china, I deserve it!  Dark meat for Pop (That's a supper plate for a 90 year old man!).

 

 

Added some cut up some tomatoes & onions for a salad, Boy Scout Beans, some Sams Brussels Sprouts.

 

 

I figured it was Monday and would be a slow night!

 

Start to finish about an hour and a half. Not counting dessert. Dessert you ask?

 

 

Lemon Meringue some of those fresh squeezed lemons from last year. Although I would have rather had a piece of Africameats new bread pudding! Now that looks good!

 

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/160349/pandoro-pina-colada-pudding-with-foamheart-help#post_1158843

 

Thanks for looking in.

post #2 of 18

Looks great Foam.

 

Must have been the night for grillin.  I did legs and thighs on my gasser tonight.

post #3 of 18

Nice looking meal Foam  thumb1.gif  I had a friend-a drop-a by with a fresh-a pizza pie - I didn't cook anything tonight...

 

I like your view  :beercheer: 

post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post
 

 I did legs and thighs on my gasser tonight.

I wouldn't go braggin about that. ;)

post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWIsmoker View Post
 

I wouldn't go braggin about that. ;)

 

 

Aw man,  they were good. 

post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post
 

Looks great Foam.

 

Must have been the night for grillin.  I did legs and thighs on my gasser tonight.

 

I have cooked on that pit since 1977 pretty dang often. She always exceeds expectations and always looks after me. You can not hardly burn something on baby even when you try! My dad when I was a kid, would take an old reefer grate out next to the ditch and just build a fire under it and grill tastee chickens. Chicken has always been my favorite, always upset the ladies cause they wanted to splurge on huge expensive prime steaks for my birthday, I wanted chicken. LOL

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking B View Post
 

Nice looking meal Foam  thumb1.gif  I had a friend-a drop-a by with a fresh-a pizza pie - I didn't cook anything tonight...

 

I like your view  :beercheer: 

 

Thanks man, Pizza don't sound bad either. Did she bring enough-a cold-a beer-a too-a?

post #7 of 18
Wow Foam, very nice meal ! thumbsup.gif It all looks mouthwaterin.... drool.gif. Again very nice and ya know size does not always matter ! biggrin.gif

Justin
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post

 

Thanks man, Pizza don't sound bad either. Did she bring enough-a cold-a beer-a too-a?

 

Actually she brought wine  :tongue:   

post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew View Post

Wow Foam, very nice meal ! thumbsup.gif It all looks mouthwaterin.... drool.gif. Again very nice and ya know size does not always matter ! biggrin.gif

Justin

 

Thank ye Thank ye...... its just grilled chicken. Ya know, I carried Baby around in the back of my pick em up truck for a few years of construction work. I never had problems with getting helpers and the boss men were always nice.... well nearly always anyway....LOL You can throw cinnamon rolls on her and in 15-20 mins have hot rolls and coffee when its cold and wet...... Just drop the tailgate and slide her out. Jobsite would nearly always slow down a notch about that time. LOL

 

Had a Shell company man sign off on her for use on their property....LOL You had to smoke cigarettes next to the sand bucket in the little yellow square but baby could smoke on site she had a "Hot Pass"..... LOL

post #10 of 18

Sorry foam i was busy razzing Adam.... Great looking meal!

post #11 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking B View Post
 

 

Actually she brought wine  :tongue:   

 

/wubba wubba...........

post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post

Thank ye Thank ye...... its just grilled chicken. Ya know, I carried Baby around in the back of my pick em up truck for a few years of construction work. I never had problems with getting helpers and the boss men were always nice.... well nearly always anyway....LOL You can throw cinnamon rolls on her and in 15-20 mins have hot rolls and coffee when its cold and wet...... Just drop the tailgate and slide her out. Jobsite would nearly always slow down a notch about that time. LOL

Had a Shell company man sign off on her for use on their property....LOL You had to smoke cigarettes next to the sand bucket in the little yellow square but baby could smoke on site she had a "Hot Pass"..... LOL

I love all your stories. They are as good as your cooks.
post #13 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWIsmoker View Post
 

Sorry foam i was busy razzing Adam.... Great looking meal!

 

LOL.... of all the people here, I probably sidetrack and BS more than anyone else.

 

Thank you kindly..... its just a grilled chicken I say just because its easy. I do love chicken. Chicken moped with apple cider vinegar and butter while grilled is just special, its my youth. Had it been spare ribs..... it would make ya go weak in the knees. MY buddies in college used to laugh about how they would spend their money getting women drinks and I'd just like the charcoals........LOL

 

Ya know I just found some charcoal pellets I got from Todd and forgot about. I have got to cook something with them and see how it turns out! Had any experience with them yet?

post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post


I love all your stories. They are as good as your cooks.


Peas & Carrots, just sort of goes together. Now a cold beverage and we are having a party. Everything is more fun when its explained.

 

Its no fun laughing alone, unless its at yourself.

post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post
 

 

 

Ya know I just found some charcoal pellets I got from Todd and forgot about. I have got to cook something with them and see how it turns out! Had any experience with them yet?

No but i use lump charcoal and wood chips/chunks in my Smoke Daddy and love it....gotta be similar to that. 

post #16 of 18

That lemon meringue pie looks insanely good!

post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post
 

 

/wubba wubba...........

 

 

:icon_mrgreen:  

post #18 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqgeekess View Post
 

That lemon meringue pie looks insanely good!

 

Its basically the one from the back of the Argo Corn Starch box. Its a keeper recipe.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Grilling Chicken