or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoker Builds › Mini-WSM › Vasconia tamale pot price
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vasconia tamale pot price - Page 2

post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWIsmoker View Post
 

Those pots pots probably wouldn't have the right measurements anyway Case.   I had a hard time finding one that was comapatible.  How much is too much for those anyway?   Mine was a tad over 100 bucks with shipping and i thought that was pretty good....stainless aint cheap for sure. 

I took tape measure in hand! Both times I've done that I've got some funny looks! The local pots will fit. But price wise yeah right at $100. So with a new jumbo @ $59, $100 for the pot, $15 for an additional rack, probably $10 of misc nuts bolts etc, that puts the Jumbo at $184, just a wee bit more than a mini, and currently more than I want to spend!

post #22 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post
 

I took tape measure in hand! Both times I've done that I've got some funny looks! The local pots will fit. But price wise yeah right at $100. So with a new jumbo @ $59, $100 for the pot, $15 for an additional rack, probably $10 of misc nuts bolts etc, that puts the Jumbo at $184, just a wee bit more than a mini, and currently more than I want to spend!

The bottom needed to be 17.5" and the top 18.5"

 

It was tough finding one...which is probably why i was the first person (that i know of) that built one with a pot.   I saw ones built with other things but they weren't nice. 

post #23 of 29

Picked up mine from Walmart last night and placed it on my smokey joe silver and damm, what a beautiful fit.  Lid fits snug and same with the bottom part.  The cooking grate has perfect amount of manueverability inside the pot as well.

 

Was going to try to grab those cheap pie tins people have been talking about for ash catcher and to experiement as a heat deflector but sadly this walmart didn't have any.

 

Can I paint this without priming it using the glossy VHT engine enamel paint?  Just prep the surface and paint?!?!

post #24 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumatae View Post
 

Picked up mine from Walmart last night and placed it on my smokey joe silver and damm, what a beautiful fit.  Lid fits snug and same with the bottom part.  The cooking grate has perfect amount of manueverability inside the pot as well.

 

Was going to try to grab those cheap pie tins people have been talking about for ash catcherAsh catcher?  That's what the grill is for. and to experiement as a heat deflectorThe steamer pan is the only heat deflector i need or want. but sadly this walmart didn't have any. 

 

Can I paint this without priming it using the glossy VHT engine enamel paint?  Just prep the surface and paint?!?!Sure you can

post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post
 

I took tape measure in hand! Both times I've done that I've got some funny looks! The local pots will fit. But price wise yeah right at $100. So with a new jumbo @ $59, $100 for the pot, $15 for an additional rack, probably $10 of misc nuts bolts etc, that puts the Jumbo at $184, just a wee bit more than a mini, and currently more than I want to spend!

That price should be close to the 14" smokey mountain. So, is it worth it? Toss up to me.  I enjoyed the build and look forward to the next.  And perhaps a certain pride that it is built exactly the way you wanted. 


Edited by BDSkelly - 4/23/14 at 6:49pm
post #26 of 29
Just a heads up: they're back in stock!
post #27 of 29

Thx!

post #28 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSkelly View Post
 

That price should be close to the 14" smokey mountain. So, is it worth it? Toss up to me.  I enjoyed the build and look forward to the next.  And perhaps a certain pride that it is built exactly the way you wanted. 

Brian i built my Jimmy (jumbo mini) for in the range of about 180 but it's better than the WSM 18.5" hands down.  It does more plus it's stainless steel. 

post #29 of 29

Yep - $19 with free ship to store.  $20 + change for tax total.  I love that down below the item you see "People who viewed also viewed" and the first thing is a Smokey Joe!  These things are like wildfire!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mini-WSM
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoker Builds › Mini-WSM › Vasconia tamale pot price