or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Baltimore Pit Beef Sandwiches
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Baltimore Pit Beef Sandwiches - Page 2

post #21 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnutbloom View Post

Thanks for the great post! I have a top round in the freezer I was saving for jerky but now....those sammies sound amazing!  icon_eek.gif

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it. The tiger sauce is a must!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post

Wow, I almost missed this. Man its so great to make your own sandwich meats, its less expensive, you get better quality, and you know what is in it. Oh and you get it cooked the way you like it!

Looks like you did an outstanding job too!  That's some pretty meat! Outstanding.

Thanks Foam! Like you always say about yourself, I am my biggest critic. It was one of my first times cooking with charcoal and I had some temperature spikes... Meat could have been a tad more tender. Maybe thinner slices could have remedied that. I need that slicer so I can make my own sandwich meats with ease!
post #22 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktogthr View Post

Thanks Foam! Like you always say about yourself, I am my biggest critic. It was one of my first times cooking with charcoal and I had some temperature spikes... Meat could have been a tad more tender. Maybe thinner slices could have remedied that. I need that slicer so I can make my own sandwich meats with ease!


LOL...... its how it all starts. LOL.....

post #23 of 33

I would pay a lot for a sandwich like that. Thanks for the idea on the tiger sauce. I'll be trying that.

 

Disco

post #24 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post

I would pay a lot for a sandwich like that. Thanks for the idea on the tiger sauce. I'll be trying that.

Disco

Thanks Disco! Seeing all the great food you make, that means a lot!
post #25 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktogthr View Post


Thanks Disco! Seeing all the great food you make, that means a lot!

Har! You need to raise your standards. I have only been smoking for about 1 1/2 years. However, thanks for the vote of confidence.

 

Disco

post #26 of 33

I've got some family in Baltimore.  On visits there, we go to these amazing spit roasts at the local VFW or Elks Lodge.  Lots of Tips sitting over charcoal mopped and tended til done just right.

 

At our family reunions we would take a tip roast, SPOG and then rotisserie it over a hot lump fire.  We would mop it with "creek water",

mix of  H2O, vinegar, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and Old Bay.  Then sliced and onto fresh rolls with onion, pinch of salt and some horseradish sauce.  My oh my MMM takes me back to good days past. 

 

Thanks for Sharing,

 

RG

post #27 of 33

Looks great. I have to try it. I ate at Chaps all the time when I worked in Baltimore.

post #28 of 33

Looks good! I always do this bottom rounds. Smoke them to Medium-Rare, let them cool overnight in the fridge then slice thin for sandwiches. They're always a hit!

post #29 of 33

That looks awesome!!  and now I am hungry

post #30 of 33

Dang! That looks great!!!!

post #31 of 33
Not sure how I missed this, looks very good ! Gonna have to thaw a beef roast now & give this a go !
post #32 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellymae View Post

Dang! That looks great!!!!

Thanks so much!
post #33 of 33

sure looks fine !

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Baltimore Pit Beef Sandwiches