or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Smokehouse temps

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

Just wondering how to regulate the heat in these types of smokehouses. I do know of people that have burned them down. We are wanting to build one of these and we were wondering if there was some sort of damper that is needed..... Or a heat regulator 

post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawwoman1 View Post
 

Just wondering how to regulate the heat in these types of smokehouses. I do know of people that have burned them down. We are wanting to build one of these and we were wondering if there was some sort of damper that is needed..... Or a heat regulator 

Becky 

Go upto the search bar type in smokehouses.Alot of great postings on all ideas of smokehouses and builds.I am also new to this site but have been reading for a month all the great info this forum has.

 

Dan 

post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 

Thank you Dan 

I will go and check it out. 

post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawwoman1 View Post
 

Thank you Dan 

I will go and check it out. 

I found this site looking for info to build a smokehouse also I need to burn wood. My options here are wood or propane this site has helped alot making up my plans and descions.

 

Dan 

post #5 of 6
atcnick has a good smoke house..... It's a place to start.....


http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/130460/cedar-smokehouse-construction
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOmak View Post

atcnick has a good smoke house..... It's a place to start.....


http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/130460/cedar-smokehouse-construction


and thats a good design too. I used his method when building mine but have yet to add the remote firebox. I just shovel coals into the bottom as needed and close the door.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Smoke Houses