~~Okay so here's what you do:
1. Defrost scallops/ Or use fresh sea scallops
2. Make brine for scallops (1/4 sugar or brown sugar, 1/3 cup salt, 1 quart water)
3. Place scallops in brine covered for 8 hours
4. Pat dry the scallops
5. Heat smoker to 225 degrees
6. Use mesquite/hickory or apple wood chips for smoking
7. Place scallops in smoker and smoke for 45min-1hr at most (flip once so smoke flavor gets on both sides)
8. DO NOT OVERCOOK! Will be rubbery and dry if overcooked, not edible.
Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods- Seafood Dept.