or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Cold Smoking › Bacon › first time bacon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

first time bacon

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
I made 50lbs bacon for the first time yesterday. It was beyond awesome. I soaked it in pops brine for ten days. Then in the homemade smoker for a cold smoke for 20 hours. I'll never buy store bacon again.
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooch357 View Post

I made 50lbs bacon for the first time yesterday. It was beyond awesome. I soaked it in pops brine for ten days. Then in the homemade smoker for a cold smoke for 20 hours. I'll never buy store bacon again.

 

:th_What_NO_QVIEW:             Bottom.gif               :icon_mrgreen:

 

 

 

 

Yup there's no going back now. You didn't slice it all yet I hope?

post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
I sliced a meal so far I couldn't resist it any longer. I haven't figured out q view yet and I'll try to work on that. Is there a amount of time I should leave it set before I slice it?
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooch357 View Post

I sliced a meal so far I couldn't resist it any longer. I haven't figured out q view yet and I'll try to work on that. Is there a amount of time I should leave it set before I slice it?

 

If you can let it be to rest for a few days it will be a lot better  :32:

post #5 of 7
post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 
Thanks I'll have to have my wife read it also. I don't have a lot of computer smarts if you know what I mean.
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooch357 View Post

Thanks I'll have to have my wife read it also. I don't have a lot of computer smarts if you know what I mean.

 

You're quite welcome  :beercheer:  Looking forward to seeing your bacon  :drool

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Bacon
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Cold Smoking › Bacon › first time bacon