or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Smoker fried chicken.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Smoker fried chicken.

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

I decided to try smoker fried chicken.

 

Got the idea from Keith.

 

 

 

Chicken on sale.

 

 

3/4 basket lump and 1/2 chimney of lit.

 

 

 

While that was getting to temp I got the chicken ready.

 

 

 

I sprayed oil on then put my rub on the more oil then Panko.  Use lots of oil.  I used coconut oil.   (  Healthy )

 

 

 

As hot as the mini will get today.

 

Nice smoke.

 

 

 

45 mins and they are done.

 

 

 

 

 

Nice and juicy.

 

 

 

These were very good but I want the coating alittle more crisp.

 

Gonna see if I can get the mini hotter next time.

 

Thanks for looking.

post #2 of 12

Looks Great, Adam !!!Thumbs Up

 

Mighty Tasty!!:drool

 

 

Bear

post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 

Thanks Bear.

 

I think if I can get the mini hotter I can get a better crust.

post #4 of 12

I would be all over that! I haven't tried doing fried chicken in a smoker but when I want a crispier coating while baking, I spray a very light layer of oil on the bread crumbs after they are applied to the chicken. The little extra oil on the surface helps the crumbs get crisp.

 

Disco

post #5 of 12
Looks really good cf , real good !! Nice fried chicken and really moist !! beercheer.gifbiggrin.gif

Justin
post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
 

I would be all over that! I haven't tried doing fried chicken in a smoker but when I want a crispier coating while baking, I spray a very light layer of oil on the bread crumbs after they are applied to the chicken. The little extra oil on the surface helps the crumbs get crisp.

 

Disco

 

I put a couple of layers of oil on.  Maybe I used too much.

 

Another thing for you too try.   

 

Thanks Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew View Post

Looks really good cf , real good !! Nice fried chicken and really moist !! beercheer.gifbiggrin.gif

Justin

 

 

Thanks Justin.     I will be making chicken this way more often.

post #7 of 12

That chicken looks spot on as far as juiciness - I bet it was nice & tender  thumb1.gif   If you are looking for a crispier coating you might consider giving this a try

 

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/135603/rice-crispies-snack-mix

 

I've had really good luck with it & it starts out extra crispy from the get go... If you try it I bet you'll like it.

 

Nice smoke man  :beercheer:

post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
What would corn meal be like. We use it for mushrooms and other deep fried stuff.
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

What would corn meal be like. We use it for mushrooms and other deep fried stuff.

I suspect it would be good but if you want major crunch without breading, try corn flake crumbs.

post #10 of 12

nice chicken smoke

post #11 of 12

Nice Adam!  Those look great to me!  As Disco suggested, corn flakes are good for making a crispier coating...I've also used crunched-up potato chips.

 

Red

post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenRed View Post

Nice Adam!  Those look great to me!  As Disco suggested, corn flakes are good for making a crispier coating...I've also used crunched-up potato chips.

Red

Thanks Red. I will try corn flakes maybe next time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Poultry
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Smoker fried chicken.