Been smoking for about a year now, and always want to try something new. I have a bunch of ground venison and was looking to dip into making snack sticks this weekend but can't really find good instructions or tutorial about making them. I guess I have a few questions to start with...
1) Can I do pretty much what i do when making a fatty and just put it in a casing and smoke to about 155*??
2) Can I use ground meat or should I grind my own? What ratio? 2lb venison and 1lb ground pork?
3) Is there a casing preference? Size preference?
4) Stuff at room temp or cold?
5) I read a bit about people adding water. Where, when, and how much is added per lb?
6) What else should I be asking??
If anyone can point me to a thread/tutorial, I would GREATLY appreciate it.
thanks for the help ladies and gents!!