No pics it never happened, right? Anyway onto the BBB. I mixed up a gallon of Pop's brine substituting kosher for sea salt and adding some garlic powder. I placed the deboned and split shoulder in the brine, weighed each half down with a small plate,and placed in the project fridge for ten days. I flipped them every other day.
After ten days I removed them from the brine, rinsed them in cold water, patted them dry, peppered both sides, and placed them back in the fridge for 36 hours of pellicle formation. I did not do a fry test, I have used Pop's brine for belly bacon several times and it is always fantastic. In hindsight I probably should have since this is a different cut of meat.
This morning I fired up the MES-30 and filled the AMNPS with PMC pellets. I kept the smoker temp between 80° and 100°.
After 12 hours of bathing in hickory, maple, and cherry smoke.
I am pleased with the color and they smell fantastic! Placed them on cooling racks and put them back in the project fridge to mellow. Due to the work schedule it will probably be about 36 hours before I get to slice it up.
Thanks for looking everyone. I will try and get some pics of the finished (sliced and vac sealed) product later this week. I think I see a BLT in my near future