or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Corned Beef/Pastrami Foamheart Second attempt!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corned Beef/Pastrami Foamheart Second attempt! - Page 4

post #61 of 68

could it have been your particular brisket ? ive done them before and could have used them for break pads and then just this weekend did one 3hrs smoke then 8 hrs in the oven at 225 that turned out spot on. nothing changed but the brisket.

post #62 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post
 

OK, check it out! Pastrami & Smoked Provolone w/ Kraut on a toasted homemade honey rye, dressed with creole mustard that has a hint of horseradish!!

 

 

 

 

Steamed it to >200 degrees, its still not very tender, but it is edible. The fresh bread and smoked provolone though take up the slack.

 

 

Dammm that looks good to me,

If you're still not happy with the results, try pan frying it like bacon... trust me on this!

post #63 of 68
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc fish bum View Post
 

could it have been your particular brisket ? ive done them before and could have used them for break pads and then just this weekend did one 3hrs smoke then 8 hrs in the oven at 225 that turned out spot on. nothing changed but the brisket.

 

I had thought of that, but I think I lost it in the oven. Its should not have cooked that fast that low ....... well its just another entry in the sniper's kill book. I am going to do it again, thinking maybe try it with a roast. <shrugs> But  for now I have a reefer fulla meats that needs either cooking or processing to the freezer.

 

I'll say this, its a lot more fun learning when you can eat it.....ROFLMAO!

post #64 of 68
Well, time for the final chapter of this yarn u been spinning Foam. I must admit your descriptive style is fun to read.....hoping the 'strami was all u hoped for....Willie
post #65 of 68
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQWIB View Post
 

 

 

Dammm that looks good to me,

If you're still not happy with the results, try pan frying it like bacon... trust me on this!

 

Thank you sir

 

It has all the parts, fresh rye bread that was most delicious, the creole mustard with the seeds and just a little horse reddish mixed in, It was 'Vlassic kraut my favorite store bought I can get here, I just still have to work on the meat. tc fish bum has me thinking, all the meats have come from the same place. Maybe I need to try a Sam's brisket.  All the marble/connective tissues were cooked away. Upon reflection now, It should just fell apart.

 

It was edible, I will try the fried, (actually that's is how Pop always wants his....). Where did you guys start frying 'em? He thinks its spicy bacon....LOL

 

Its just another page in the book, Just think how great its going to be when I honestly nail one! You'll hear me shouting and hollering all the way to your house!

post #66 of 68
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Willie View Post

Well, time for the final chapter of this yarn u been spinning Foam. I must admit your descriptive style is fun to read.....hoping the 'strami was all u hoped for....Willie

 

Wow, so nice to see you back Chef, of course we all talked about you while you were gone. I hope everything is good in your world.

 

And the pastrami, I am going to get there some day and its going to be one of those religious experiences, but till then.... this one I could at least enjoy eating (with a  knife and folks) LOL

 

Good to see you back chef.

post #67 of 68
Thank you sir....been a hellacious time since Christmas when this moving/rehab adventure started and I had to keep my nose to the stone to get it all done in the time I had. Once on SMF I find I can lose a few hours real quick....as I'm sure most here can attest to. Now, just have to breakout the sausage & smoking gear and return to somewhat normal activities. Regards, Willie
post #68 of 68
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Willie View Post

Thank you sir....been a hellacious time since Christmas when this moving/rehab adventure started and I had to keep my nose to the stone to get it all done in the time I had. Once on SMF I find I can lose a few hours real quick....as I'm sure most here can attest to. Now, just have to breakout the sausage & smoking gear and return to somewhat normal activities. Regards, Willie

 

           Well glad you are back, AND.................

 

Congratulations.gif

 

                           On the OTBS!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Corned Beef/Pastrami Foamheart Second attempt!