Ladies and Gentlemen, a friend of mine who is a Physicians Asst in an ER gave me a good heads up today. One of the other ER docs had a patient that ingested a small piece of wire from a brush he used to clean his grill grates. He said he felt it in his mouth but wasn't able to get it out somehow. Not sure of the details. Anyway, the guy ended up dying of sepsis two weeks later. The sharp wire caused a lesion in his intestine and it got infected.
This is not an urban legend. I promise you. Most of the time after I wire brush I will wipe down with an oil soaked towel. After this, I'll surely take a closer look for any remnants. When that brush starts betting old, replace it.
Happy Smoking Y'all