I haven't been doing much cooking on the pit or smoker as of late.
I have been busy with the Scouts, Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts, and volunteered to buil a klondike sled for the upcoming Klondike Derby.
Also have been doing some winter camping., weekends are pretty much shot until April, I will be doing a big cook in March for the Scout Golf Outing, this will probably be my first cook of the year, but it will be a big one.
Just didn't want you guys think I was slacking!!!
- Brushing up on my Bushcraft Skills
- This was a recon trip for our upcoming Canoe Camping trip in March (hopefully)
- Other than making coffee and mashed potatoes, this was the only thing I cooked. This is my, "comfort food" when camping.
- The snow was brutal at times, especially when the wind kicked up.
- We got about 4" or so of snow, temps went down to about 15° and winds were 10 - 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
- We were fine until Sunday morning, I woke up around 7:30 am and said, "lets get the *&$@@" out of here"!!
- The trip home was awesome we stopped at a little corner store and we each got one of these,
Bacon, Sausage, Pork Roll, Ham, Egg and cheese sandwich