Masterbuilt 20070910 generation 1 electric smoker new in the box
Will Ship To: Nowhere -- local only
I have a Masterbuilt 30' generation 1 electric smoker for sale 135.00 due to the weight local pick up in the Central Virginia area. 30 miles south of Richmond The box has never been opened since it left Masterbuilt. PM me for questions or if you just want to talk about it. Jted
30-inch Electric Digital Smokehouse Black w/ Top Control
- With powder-coated steel outer
construction, push-button digital
temperature and time control, this
smoker is ideal for all experience levels.
- 730 sq. inches in cooking space and 800 watt heating element
- Digital temperature and timer controls
- Thermostat temperature control for even cooking from 100°F to 275°F
- Convenient side-loading wood chips
- 4 chrome-coated cooking racks
- Removable drip pan and top air damper
How To Clean Smoker
ALWAYS MAKE SURE UNIT IS UNPLUGGED AND COOL TO THE TOUCH BEFORE CLEANING AND STORING.
- For grate supports, smoking racks, water bowl and drip pan use a mild dish detergent. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- For wood chip tray and wood chip loader, clean frequently to remove ash build up, residue and dust.
- Dispose of cold ashes by placing them in aluminum foil, soaking with water and discarding in a non-combustible container.
- For the interior, glass in door, meat probe, and exterior of smoker simply wipe down with a damp cloth. Do not use a cleaning agent. Make sure to dry thoroughly.
- Door seal and inside seam that seal attaches to MUST be cleaned with a damp cloth after each use to keep seal in proper working condition.
PRE-SEASON SMOKER PRIOR TO FIRST USE.
Some smoke may appear during this time, this is normal.
- Make sure water pan is in place with NO WATER.
- Set temperature to 275°F (135°C) and run unit for 3 hours.
- During last 45 minutes, add ½ cup of wood chips in chip loader to complete pre-seasoning. This amount is equal to the contents of a fi lled chip loader.
- Shut down and allow to cool.
NOTE: Never add more than ½ cup (1 fi lled chip loader) at a time. Additional chips should not be
added until any previously added chips have ceased generating smoke.
How to Use Wood Chip Loader
- Before starting unit, place ½ cup of wood chips in chip loader.
- Never use more than ½ cup of wood chips at a time. Never use wood chunks.
- Insert wood chip loader into smoker. Wood chips should be level with top rim of wood chip loader.
- Turn handle clockwise in direction of arrow mark on smoker to unload wood. Wood will drop into wood chip tray. Turn handle counterclockwise, to the upright position, and leave wood chip loader in place.
- Check wood chip tray periodically to see if wood has burned down by removing wood chip loader and looking into smoker through hole. Add more chips as needed.
- Wood chip loader must be pulled out completely from smoker when checking wood chip level. Adding more wood during smoking process:
- Pull wood chip loader from smoker.
- Place wood chips in wood chip loader and insert into smoker.
- Turn handle clockwise in direction of arrow mark on smoker to unload wood. Wood will drop into wood chip tray.
- Temperature may spike briefl y after wood is added. It will stabilize after a short time. Do not adjust temperature setting.
- Keep smoker door closed when adding wood chips.
- Wood chip loader will be HOT even if handle is not.
How to Use Control Panel and Remote Control
Note: Direct sunlight may interfere with ability to read LED display, block light if needed.
To set temperature:
- Press ON button.
- Press SET TEMP button once-LED display will blink.
- Use +/- to set temperature.
- Press SET TEMP button again to lock in temperature.
- Note: Heating will not begin until timer is set.
To set timer:
- Press SET TIME button once-LED display for hours will blink.
- Use +/- to set hours.
- Press SET TIME button again to lock in hours. The minutes LED will start blinking.
- Use +/- to set minutes.
- Press SET TIME to lock in minutes and start cook cycle.
Heat will turn off when time has expired.
To use meat probe:
- Insert meat probe into center of meat to get most accurate reading.
- Press and hold MEAT PROBE button-LED display will show internal temperature of meat.
- Once MEAT PROBE button is released-LED display will return to set temperature or set time.
To use light:
- Press LIGHT button to turn light on.
- Press LIGHT button to turn light off.
To RESET control panel:
- If control panel shows an error message, turn electric smoker off, unplug unit from outlet, wait
- ten seconds, plug unit back into outlet, then turn electric smoker on. This will reset control panel.
To replace batteries:
- Slide belt clip to the left to remove.
- Press tab down on battery cover and pull out.
- Install 2 “AAA” Alkaline batteries. Check positive (+) and negative (-) symbols, on the case and battery, to insure proper installation.
- Replace the battery cover.
- Remove batteries before storing remote control.
To test frequency range:
- Turn unit on.
- Use remote to turn light on and off as you move away from unit.
- Remote control is out of frequency range when light will no longer turn on and off.
- Do not leave remote control exposed to sunlight for prolonged periods of time.
- Remote control has frequency range of up to 100ft (30m).
- Test frequency range before and during use.
If the remote is not working properly or not interfacing correctly with the controller, it may be due to
weak batteries, batteries being incorrectly installed or the remote is not correctly linked to controller.
- Replace batteries and install according to image in battery housing
- Link remote and controller by:
- Turn Controller & Remote “OFF”,
- Press and HOLD “SET TEMP” on controller for 3 seconds.
- On the Remote press “MEAT PROBE”, “LIGHT”, “MEAT PROBE”, “LIGHT” (all buttons must be pressed within 5 seconds of each other) A short beep will occur after each button press.
Important facts about using smoker
- Maximum temperature setting is 275°F (135°C).
- Do NOT move unit across uneven surfaces.
- Rear handle is NOT for lifting.
- Wood chip loader and wood chip tray MUST be in place when using smoker. This minimizes the chance of wood fl are ups.
- Wood chips must be used in order to produce smoke and create the smoke flavor.
- Check grease tray often during cooking. Empty grease tray before it gets full. Grease tray may need to be emptied periodically during cooking.
- Do not open smoker door unless necessary. Opening smoker door causes heat to escape and may cause wood to fl are up. Closing the door will re-stabilize the temperature and stop flare up.
- Do not leave old wood ashes in the wood chip tray. Once ashes are cold, empty tray. Tray should be cleaned out prior to, and after each use to prevent ash buildup.
- Glass in door is tempered and will not break under normal operation.
- This is a smoker. There will be a lot of smoke produced when using wood chips. Smoke will escape through seams and turn the inside of smoker black. This is normal. To minimize smoke loss around door, door latch can be adjusted to further tighten door seal against body.
- Opening smoker door during cooking process may extend cooking time due to heat loss.
- When outside temperature is cooler than 65°F (18°C) and/or altitude is above 3,500 feet (1067m), additional cooking time may be required. To insure that meat is completely cooked use a meat thermometer to test internal temperature.
- To adjust door latch, loosen hex nut on door latch. Turn hook clockwise to tighten as shown. Secure hex nut fi rmly against door latch.
It's Grrreaaaattttt!!!! Review by Smoker the Bear
Good product Review by Roy
good Review by smoking
but on box it said cover included it isnt (Posted on 7/21/13)
So Easy Review by GimmeHarmony
Great !!! Review by Greg
Set it and FORGET IT. Review by Joe
perfect Review by ktlamm
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing: 30-inch Electric Digital Smokehouse Black w/ Top Control
How do you rate this product? *
|1 star||2 stars||3 stars||4 stars||5 stars|
- *Summary of Your Review