1. Thought the smoker is somewhat well built for a 300 dollar smoker.
2. When I first seasoned the grill I noticed that the knob was not "true" when I turned it. Also, the grill would not get below 223 degrees (Maverick 732). After I seasoned the grill I went to lowes and bought a bayuo classic regulator (M5HPR-1). It wasn't until later when I read some of these threads that I saw this is a common issue. So now I turn the knob on high then use the needle valve accordingly.
3. When I cooked the chicken I noticed that the temp would not hold and began to rise when the water level got low. Probably not a problem on short burns but some of the over night smokes could be a issue. Any mods or recommendation to fix this. When the water was full in the pan the smoker would have a 2 degree flux.
4. Why can't you close the vents all the way without modifing it. Why would Camp Chief limit it's consumers to only closing half way?
5. Found out that chips burn up pretty quick. Probably going to use more chunks next time.
6. Probably will replace both chip trey and water pan with something more heavy duty.
I am pretty excited about this smoker and I think that i bought a good smoker that will last. The listed above are just some things that I noticed. I have always been the kind of person that will take something and try to modify/fix/customize for myself. Thanks.