I have been looking at a few recipes for Boerswors and keep running into dry ingredients with ml after them instead of grams. Is 1ml + 1g? Here is one of the recipes.
- 2 kg well matured beef
- 1 kg fatty pork ( neck, shoulder, belly)
- 45 ml whole coriander seeds
- 5 ml whole cloves
- 30 ml salt
- 15 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ml grated nutmeg
- 10 ml ground allspice
- 10 ml brown sugar
- 125 ml dry red wine or 125 ml dark vinegar
- 90 g thick sausage casings, soaked in water
Why is some in listed weight measurements and some in volume? This is the 3rd different recipe that is written this way. These are from N. Africa is that the reason?