or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Electric Smokers › Mes upgrade question
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mes upgrade question

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
I think I am going to finally upgrade smokers from an ecb, to a mes. I found one on Amazon with no window for $177. Good deal? I could not care about having a viewing window. I just want to make sure I am getting a good deal and want to make sure the no window model is as good as the window model that it seems most of you have.
post #2 of 15

You might want to check the model number of what you want against this, and then follow up reading all the posts you can on the MES:

 

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/155667/another-quality-product-recall#post_1117061

 

Some of the units are good performers, others not so much. Bearcarver can be found here:

 

 http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/99899/mes-40-with-remote-christmas-present

 

You may want to PM him regarding what you intend to buy to get his opinion.

 

Good luck and happy smoking.

post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
The model number is 20070910.
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post

The model number is 20070910.


I got that same one just before Christmas at Tractor Supply for $129. Looks like their still on sale now.

 

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/masterbuilt-electric-black-digital-smoker-30-in?cm_vc=-10005

 

If you buy this smoker. Do your self a favor and buy an A-Maze-N -Pellet smoker (AMNPS) to go with it.  


Edited by dirtworldmike - 1/6/14 at 4:09am
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post

The model number is 20070910.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post

The model number is 20070910.


I just ordered this same one for the same price your getting yours at, Just waiting for it to get here.

 

I've been doing research and it seems like its a good one. I also ordered the AMNTS..I was going to order the AMNPS but Tod told me with my altitude the tube smoker would work better..I cant wait...
.

post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
Yeah I saw that to but no tractor supply even close to me has any.
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post

Yeah I saw that to but no tractor supply even close to me has any.


You can it order online and they will ship it to the store nearest to you for pick up.

Edit. My bad , I see the add says "in store.  I would call their CS to find out for sure.

post #8 of 15

Here is another link with info and a schematic.  All positive!

 

 

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/125907/masterbuilt-20070910-mes-30-question

post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsnewatsmokin View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post

The model number is 20070910.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post

The model number is 20070910.


I just ordered this same one for the same price your getting yours at, Just waiting for it to get here.

 

I've been doing research and it seems like its a good one. I also ordered the AMNTS..I was going to order the AMNPS but Tod told me with my altitude the tube smoker would work better..I cant wait...
.

So he's telling you the same thing but can't respond to any of my emails, huh?  Be warned, I ordered an AMNPS and was advised the same thing by Todd.  I ordered the tube as advised and had a flare up the first time using it that was quite high for an extended period of time.  I used the tube exactly as instructed and followed all instructions carefully and still had it flare up.  I emailed him several times in the emails that he was sending to me so it's not like he didn't get them and he has yet to respond to my attempts to contact.  Who knows, maybe it's a simple fix but the lack of customer service isn't setting too well with me and as such I'm unable to suggest anyone else spend their money with him.  Hopefully you have a better experience but I'm not overly impressed right now and am biting my tongue from launching a full negative marketing campaign.  It's been nearly 2 months now so I'm not sure how long I'm expected to wait but my patience for this situation is quickly dissipating.

post #10 of 15

There are alternatives to the MES and AMNPS combination. Smokin-it, SmokinTex, Cookshack.

post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Yeah, I looked at the alternatives. However, for $177 vs much higher prices to me it's no competition. I don't smoke but maybe twice a month due to work schedule, so I can't justify spending hundreds of dollars.
post #12 of 15

Makes perfect sense. Enjoy!

post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
 

So he's telling you the same thing but can't respond to any of my emails, huh?  Be warned, I ordered an AMNPS and was advised the same thing by Todd.  I ordered the tube as advised and had a flare up the first time using it that was quite high for an extended period of time.  I used the tube exactly as instructed and followed all instructions carefully and still had it flare up.  I emailed him several times in the emails that he was sending to me so it's not like he didn't get them and he has yet to respond to my attempts to contact.  Who knows, maybe it's a simple fix but the lack of customer service isn't setting too well with me and as such I'm unable to suggest anyone else spend their money with him.  Hopefully you have a better experience but I'm not overly impressed right now and am biting my tongue from launching a full negative marketing campaign.  It's been nearly 2 months now so I'm not sure how long I'm expected to wait but my patience for this situation is quickly dissipating.


I just got my tube smoker. I haven't used it yet, still waiting on my MES, But I was reading on the instructions and it says to take the pellets that came with it out and burn it in your smoker for 30 min. Did you do that? and if not maybe that's why the flare up. You wouldn't think the oils they put on it would be flammable but who knows.

 

Thanks for the heads up. Ill keep my guard up..

post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsnewatsmokin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post

 
So he's telling you the same thing but can't respond to any of my emails, huh?  Be warned, I ordered an AMNPS and was advised the same thing by Todd.  I ordered the tube as advised and had a flare up the first time using it that was quite high for an extended period of time.  I used the tube exactly as instructed and followed all instructions carefully and still had it flare up.  I emailed him several times in the emails that he was sending to me so it's not like he didn't get them and he has yet to respond to my attempts to contact.  Who knows, maybe it's a simple fix but the lack of customer service isn't setting too well with me and as such I'm unable to suggest anyone else spend their money with him.  Hopefully you have a better experience but I'm not overly impressed right now and am biting my tongue from launching a full negative marketing campaign.  It's been nearly 2 months now so I'm not sure how long I'm expected to wait but my patience for this situation is quickly dissipating.


I just got my tube smoker. I haven't used it yet, still waiting on my MES, But I was reading on the instructions and it says to take the pellets that came with it out and burn it in your smoker for 30 min. Did you do that? and if not maybe that's why the flare up. You wouldn't think the oils they put on it would be flammable but who knows.

Thanks for the heads up. Ill keep my guard up..

Yes, I did the break-in procedure exactly as instructed. Like I said, I followed all instructions to the letter.
post #15 of 15

Good luck.  I too went with the "man that's a good price" smoker was a huge mistake on my part.  My MES30 is sitting in the backyard after it failed within 3 months and only 5 smokes.  If I had only known.  I sure hope u have better luck than most.

 

My opinion.......if you have to order a smoke generator for a smoker.......that should tell u something!!!

 

Scott

Happy Smokin-It #2 owner

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Electric Smokers
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Electric Smokers › Mes upgrade question