- productWeber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18.5-Inch Smokertagged by Bama BBQ, 1/2/14
- productWeber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smokertagged by Bama BBQ, 1/2/14
Related Forum Threads
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- UPDATE - Weber (the company...) rocks!!! RE: New WSM bent, need advice on if this is normal and... Last post on 2/26/15 at 8:25am in Charcoal Smokers
- New WSM Owner, Just Joined the Forum Last post on 12/17/14 at 6:34am in Roll Call
- WHICH SMOKER TO PURCHASE FOR FATHER IN LAW Last post on 12/3/14 at 4:14pm in Wood Smokers
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
"New" Weber Smokey Mountain - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just picked up up my new 2014 Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5 yesterday from Home Depot. After about a year of trying to decide if I really needed this smoker, in addition to my Weber Kettle, the lure was too strong and I convinced myself I had to have it. I lovingly assembled it yesterday afternoon in the bright spring sun, wiped it off and polished it till it gleamed. I planned today's first smoke, (chicken of course), and woke up this morning to several inches of new snow, and its still snowing. Ahhh, life in the high Rockies.
After struggling with my Brinkman Trailmaster LE for a year, I'm excited to use a smoker with a reputation for ease of use, and reliable temperature control. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Trailmaster LE and smoked a lot of meat on it, but at this altitude, 7500' you can have 20-30 degree temperature swings in the middle of a summer day. Maintaining a consistent temperature was a lot of work and babysitting. I'm hoping the WSM will be little easier to use. So many recipes, so little free time!
If I didn't already have a Masterbuilt I think I'd go with a WSM. When I decided to buy a smoker I decided to go electric so I wouldn't have to keep adding both charcoal and wood chips or pellets throughout the smoke. And the MES I bought was cheaper. Had I gone with the WSM, I would have wanted the 22.5 since I have a Weber One-Touch Silver 22.5 grill and that size is perfect for what I cook.
Just curious: do the A-MAZE-N smokers work well inside the WSM?
I've used my 18.5 WSM since '06 mostly for smoking bacon and beef jerky, ana all at a temperature of 145F (plus a little climb thereafter) and smoke time of five hours. Tthe temperature holds steady, uses one chimney or less of charcoal, and requires only a small handful of smokewood, 6 thumb sized pieces.
Edited by TJKoko - 5/9/14 at 12:50pm
- "New" Weber Smokey Mountain
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Intake issues with Oklahoma Joe's Highland 1 minute ago
- › OK so any scientific reason why one should not use water or any... 2 minutes ago
- › OKJ Highland Smoke Stack 4 minutes ago
- › Got bored - Threw a dart in the search bar 5 minutes ago
- › MES40 Temp Inaccuracy Making Me Crazy 6 minutes ago
- › Cold smoke 7 minutes ago
- › Smoked my first Boston butt. Why did I wait so long? 8 minutes ago
- › ~ BDSkelly Pulled Beef Sunday Dinner 25 minutes ago
- › 9 a.m Brisket Point 30 minutes ago
- › Pastrami, Ribs and a Butt 34 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods