- productWeber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18.5-Inch Smokertagged by Bama BBQ, 1/2/14
- productWeber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smokertagged by Bama BBQ, 1/2/14
Related Forum Threads
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- UPDATE - Weber (the company...) rocks!!! RE: New WSM bent, need advice on if this is normal and... Last post on 2/26/15 at 8:25am in Charcoal Smokers
- New WSM Owner, Just Joined the Forum Last post on 12/17/14 at 6:34am in Roll Call
- WHICH SMOKER TO PURCHASE FOR FATHER IN LAW Last post on 12/3/14 at 4:14pm in Wood Smokers
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
"New" Weber Smokey Mountain - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just picked up up my new 2014 Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5 yesterday from Home Depot. After about a year of trying to decide if I really needed this smoker, in addition to my Weber Kettle, the lure was too strong and I convinced myself I had to have it. I lovingly assembled it yesterday afternoon in the bright spring sun, wiped it off and polished it till it gleamed. I planned today's first smoke, (chicken of course), and woke up this morning to several inches of new snow, and its still snowing. Ahhh, life in the high Rockies.
After struggling with my Brinkman Trailmaster LE for a year, I'm excited to use a smoker with a reputation for ease of use, and reliable temperature control. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Trailmaster LE and smoked a lot of meat on it, but at this altitude, 7500' you can have 20-30 degree temperature swings in the middle of a summer day. Maintaining a consistent temperature was a lot of work and babysitting. I'm hoping the WSM will be little easier to use. So many recipes, so little free time!
If I didn't already have a Masterbuilt I think I'd go with a WSM. When I decided to buy a smoker I decided to go electric so I wouldn't have to keep adding both charcoal and wood chips or pellets throughout the smoke. And the MES I bought was cheaper. Had I gone with the WSM, I would have wanted the 22.5 since I have a Weber One-Touch Silver 22.5 grill and that size is perfect for what I cook.
Just curious: do the A-MAZE-N smokers work well inside the WSM?
I've used my 18.5 WSM since '06 mostly for smoking bacon and beef jerky, ana all at a temperature of 145F (plus a little climb thereafter) and smoke time of five hours. Tthe temperature holds steady, uses one chimney or less of charcoal, and requires only a small handful of smokewood, 6 thumb sized pieces.
Edited by TJKoko - 5/9/14 at 12:50pm
- "New" Weber Smokey Mountain
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Lobster Tail,Bacon wrapped Asparagus 6 minutes ago
- › first cheese smoke - temp too high 10 minutes ago
- › Webber smoking 12 minutes ago
- › Brisket round 2 21 minutes ago
- › Chicken Leg Question 22 minutes ago
- › Which e smoker? 22 minutes ago
- › U.S.S. Prosciutto, Maiden Voyage 25 minutes ago
- › Kielbasa Smoking Help 27 minutes ago
- › Showing off my new racks... 27 minutes ago
- › Vacuum Sealer Bags & Supplies - Discount Coupon 27 minutes ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations