- productWeber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18.5-Inch Smokertagged by Bama BBQ, 1/2/14
- productWeber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smokertagged by Bama BBQ, 1/2/14
Related Forum Threads
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- UPDATE - Weber (the company...) rocks!!! RE: New WSM bent, need advice on if this is normal and... Last post on 2/26/15 at 8:25am in Charcoal Smokers
- New WSM Owner, Just Joined the Forum Last post on 12/17/14 at 6:34am in Roll Call
- WHICH SMOKER TO PURCHASE FOR FATHER IN LAW Last post on 12/3/14 at 4:14pm in Wood Smokers
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
"New" Weber Smokey Mountain - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just picked up up my new 2014 Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5 yesterday from Home Depot. After about a year of trying to decide if I really needed this smoker, in addition to my Weber Kettle, the lure was too strong and I convinced myself I had to have it. I lovingly assembled it yesterday afternoon in the bright spring sun, wiped it off and polished it till it gleamed. I planned today's first smoke, (chicken of course), and woke up this morning to several inches of new snow, and its still snowing. Ahhh, life in the high Rockies.
After struggling with my Brinkman Trailmaster LE for a year, I'm excited to use a smoker with a reputation for ease of use, and reliable temperature control. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Trailmaster LE and smoked a lot of meat on it, but at this altitude, 7500' you can have 20-30 degree temperature swings in the middle of a summer day. Maintaining a consistent temperature was a lot of work and babysitting. I'm hoping the WSM will be little easier to use. So many recipes, so little free time!
If I didn't already have a Masterbuilt I think I'd go with a WSM. When I decided to buy a smoker I decided to go electric so I wouldn't have to keep adding both charcoal and wood chips or pellets throughout the smoke. And the MES I bought was cheaper. Had I gone with the WSM, I would have wanted the 22.5 since I have a Weber One-Touch Silver 22.5 grill and that size is perfect for what I cook.
Just curious: do the A-MAZE-N smokers work well inside the WSM?
I've used my 18.5 WSM since '06 mostly for smoking bacon and beef jerky, ana all at a temperature of 145F (plus a little climb thereafter) and smoke time of five hours. Tthe temperature holds steady, uses one chimney or less of charcoal, and requires only a small handful of smokewood, 6 thumb sized pieces.
Edited by TJKoko - 5/9/14 at 12:50pm
- "New" Weber Smokey Mountain
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Total Newb 7 minutes ago
- › Smoked a couple birds. 14 minutes ago
- › CSR's On The Kettle !! 16 minutes ago
- › somewhat new to smoking 18 minutes ago
- › Brisket time! 21 minutes ago
- › Be Honest 33 minutes ago
- › Tri Tip! 49 minutes ago
- › Tri-Tip 56 minutes ago
- › BBQ plates at a church festival 58 minutes ago
- › Smoking food for wood 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ