The kids are bringing the Grand Baby over tomorrow and have requested brisket tacos for tomorrows dinner. I'm going to cook this brisket in a spicy chipotle style. This is an 11 pound trimmed brisket. I usually smoke packer cuts however I had a good reason for using a trimmed beef for this cook. …It was on sale!
The first thing is to make the marinade.
Chipotle Brisket Marinade
Toss all this stuff into a blender.
- 2 package dried ancho chiles soaked over night in water. (4 OZ Total) remove seeds
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons Italian Herb Blend (I use McCormick)
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- Put the lid on the blender. Very Important Step! ;)
- Then puree until very smooth.
Coat the brisket in the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours.
To make the injection solution take one stick of softened butter and ad to 1/2 cup of the marinade. Mix well and inject it into the beef.
The brisket goes into the MES smoker at 220 degrees with the A Maze N Pellet smoker burning.
I'll let it cook and check on it in the morning.
Edited by BDSkelly - 12/28/13 at 10:34pm