or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoker Builds › Mini-WSM › Mini-WSM Smokin table
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mini-WSM Smokin table - Page 2

post #21 of 27

Fantastic table!!!!!!! I should whip up some kind of elevated set-up with mine! Meanwhile, you're inspirational! Cheers! - Leah

post #22 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah Elisheva View Post
 

Fantastic table!!!!!!! I should whip up some kind of elevated set-up with mine! Meanwhile, you're inspirational! Cheers! - Leah

Thank you Leah! I'm always building something!

post #23 of 27
Great job! I will have to keep this in mind for when I build my mini style smoker. I am debating on the mini or a UDS......
post #24 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarjarchef View Post

Great job! I will have to keep this in mind for when I build my mini style smoker. I am debating on the mini or a UDS......

My two cents the mini is what I smoke on 99% of the time. I've smoked on my UDS twice since I built it, just because. The amount of meat I smoked I could have done on the mini and used less charcoal. The other thing is the mini is so easy to pack and take anywhere to and smoke. You can fill a chimney and pack the whole thing in the pot and off you go!
post #25 of 27
Good info Case. I will have to ponder on it. I want a small smoker for just the Better Half and me. When we went to the South Florida gathering a couple people had them and they looked like they worked very well.
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzMonroe View Post
 

Sorry for the second post so soon.  I didn't think about it before, but I'll have to put some sort of guard on this so coals don't roll onto the wood.  Hate to have the table burn.  Not an issue with the table, but it could drop my dutch oven and that would be a bad thing.


The one thing to worry about when placing hot briquettes on a concrete surface is spalling. That happens when any moisture that is in the concrete gets hot and turns to steam and explodes upwards. I have some small scars on my legs from when I started out dutch oven cooking and place the briquettes and the pots on the carport. I have a couple of dedicated d.o. cooking stands plus I can use my Mini stand in a pinch.

 

My Mini table is a recycled chrome end-table stand that used to have a glass top. I rescued it from going to the landfill and had my son cut a circle out of 1/4 plate and bolted it to stand.

 

post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
 


The one thing to worry about when placing hot briquettes on a concrete surface is spalling. That happens when any moisture that is in the concrete gets hot and turns to steam and explodes upwards. I have some small scars on my legs from when I started out dutch oven cooking and place the briquettes and the pots on the carport. I have a couple of dedicated d.o. cooking stands plus I can use my Mini stand in a pinch.

 

My Mini table is a recycled chrome end-table stand that used to have a glass top. I rescued it from going to the landfill and had my son cut a circle out of 1/4 plate and bolted it to stand.

 

Brilliant and Barbecue Fashionable! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mini-WSM
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Smoker Builds › Mini-WSM › Mini-WSM Smokin table