or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Getting Equipment Ready
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Getting Equipment Ready

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

I do miss my house at times. Glad i kept some of my SS tubs for mixing. Got 10 lbs of ring bologna to do this week.

 

My large SS mixing tub.

post #2 of 15

Interesting post, so what or where happened to the house?

 

Yes, it handy and good to have SS mixing bowls around, that is the only thing you should mix meat in.

 

Good luck on the ring Bolonga, I do hope, but we know you will, put some Qview of that here.

post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladini View Post
 

Interesting post, so what or where happened to the house?

 

Yes, it handy and good to have SS mixing bowls around, that is the only thing you should mix meat in.

 

Good luck on the ring Bolonga, I do hope, but we know you will, put some Qview of that here.


We still own our home (daughter rents it from us) Moved to GA 2.5 years ago and last year we went full time RV with a 35' class A. The motorhome has been in the shop since Oct 3 for warranty work. My wife retired and we have been on a road trip and came back up to NEPA until the RV is fixed.

 

Anyways

post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 

Got the meat mixed with the cure and ring mix.

 

 

 

 

 

Did another mix before putting in another bowl.

 

 

Cover with clear wrap right onto the meat. Going to fridge cuz no time for stuffing smoking today. Will mix the meat again tomorrow before stuffing.

 

post #5 of 15

Looks good so far.

post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 

Casing soaking in lukewarm water.

 


I cover to keep them fully submerged.

 


Going to make 5 lbs of garlic ring also.

post #7 of 15

:pot: , :Looks-Great:so far

post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 

I was having 2 issues whith the ring.

 

1. Old casings. These have been up here for over 2.5 years.

2. My smoker and controllers didnt like the cold blowing wind. Guess i got used to southern smoking.

 

Oh well move along.....EH

 

 

These are the regular ring.

 

 

Hanging to dry the casing.

 

 

The garlic

 

 

 

Problem 2....Weather

 

Smoker was struggling to get to 150......Backup roaster time.

 

 

 

I normally let my sausage smokes sit in the fridge for a couple days but i had to look after the roaster finish. Not my best.

 

post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepas View Post
 


We still own our home (daughter rents it from us) Moved to GA 2.5 years ago and last year we went full time RV with a 35' class A. The motorhome has been in the shop since Oct 3 for warranty work. My wife retired and we have been on a road trip and came back up to NEPA until the RV is fixed.

 

Anyways


i can see a pellet injection of some kind being bolted to an exhaust manifold so you smoke while driving...lol.  im sure you got something on the go.  a few more years and im gonna be like you, on the road.  good luck and nice work!!  what model did you guys go with???  is the 35' enough??  how much fresh water can you hold in your rig?  peace

post #10 of 15
Looks good to me...... They would look better sliced and in a pickle jar... Yum
post #11 of 15

Those look good to me as well.  Are those fibrouse casings that you are using?  Just wonder'd why not hog casings.  Reinhard

post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKULLY View Post
 


i can see a pellet injection of some kind being bolted to an exhaust manifold so you smoke while driving...lol.  im sure you got something on the go.  a few more years and im gonna be like you, on the road.  good luck and nice work!!  what model did you guys go with???  is the 35' enough??  how much fresh water can you hold in your rig?  peace


We have a 2013 Forest River Georgetown 35' Its big enough for the 2 of us and our 5lb pup. Have 40 gal fresh water, 80 gal gas. 25' drivers side slide and left slide is the back room. Elec fireplace, L section couch, 5000w Cummings generator, lots of space for my smokers, stuffer, dehydrator and soon a GMG Davey Crockett pellet grill/smoker. Going to get a 25' enclosed car hauler soon. Yup with cabinets.

 

post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
 

Those look good to me as well.  Are those fibrouse casings that you are using?  Just wonder'd why not hog casings.  Reinhard


Yeah they are fibrous ring casings. Here in north east PA ring bologna is larger diameter 2"

post #14 of 15

Thanks Nepas!! I like to try something new so i will see if i can make this a MN tradition as well [probably some doing it already]. Very nice rig you got there!!!. Reinhard

post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepas View Post
 


We have a 2013 Forest River Georgetown 35' Its big enough for the 2 of us and our 5lb pup. Have 40 gal fresh water, 80 gal gas. 25' drivers side slide and left slide is the back room. Elec fireplace, L section couch, 5000w Cummings generator, lots of space for my smokers, stuffer, dehydrator and soon a GMG Davey Crockett pellet grill/smoker. Going to get a 25' enclosed car hauler soon. Yup with cabinets.

 

 

absolutely perfect, great setup and your soon to be addition will fit the package to a 't".  yuupp, thats the way im going!!!  looks great.  peace

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Getting Equipment Ready