No prob. It started out as me just asking about the food grates, but then I thought about the firebox as the conversation turned more "toxic" LOL!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySmokerstagged by Davidhef88, 11/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Stainless Steel! Last post on 11/23/13 at 6:13pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Operation: Turkey Gobble. Now with bonus Q-vue! Last post on 12/18/13 at 7:36am in Reverse Flow
- My 1st UDS build!! Last post on 3/7/14 at 10:33am in UDS Builds
- UDS Build in Progress Last post on 1/12/14 at 10:52pm in UDS Builds
- Wood for build? Last post on 11/10/13 at 2:31pm in Smoker Builds
I've had my RecTec 680 for about three weeks or so. I've already cooked on it about 10 times I imagine. I've got baby backs smoking on it right now. This smoker is worth every penny you'll pay for...
I got this because smoking on my Weber kettle gets a little crowded. In stock form, this thing would probably be pretty useless. I was able to mod it with very little extra money because I...
after my seasoning run and 1st smoking session, I had to alter the unit..closed firebox to chamber up some and added a 3/16 plate deflector on top of it so heat and smoke ran more directly into...
Smoker is everything you need as a novice or pro. I converted my smoker to natural gas. Extremely easy conversion explained by the company on their website. Bought the #51 drill bit at Ace Hardware...
I was on a waiting list to get my Timberline 1300. Now having owned it 6 weeks, It has become a $2000 paperweight that occupies space on my deck. Avoid this grill, Traeger likes to tout their world...
grates made from a grocery cart? - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
since you switched horse in the middle of the stream, so to speak, and folks were concerned about your health and your friends and families health, no ill will was intended by the good folks here at SmokingMeatForums....
Just goes to show, One Thread per topic.... if you don't follow those guidelines, things get confusing..... especially, if one is not clear, as to the definition of grate.... cooking food grate or charcoal basket grate....
I have used a couple of different shopping carts before and one of them warped when I started to burn the paint off of it, the other I have used I extreme heat and never had a problem, I would say just be sure of the type of steel it's made of before you cook directly on it.
- grates made from a grocery cart?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Masterbuilt ThermoTemp XL - model 20051316 3 minutes ago
- › Spinning for the first time! 3 minutes ago
- › Flat vs Point 8 minutes ago
- › My New Toy - Welcome to Stick Burning 19 minutes ago
- › First Charcuterie Done !! 24 minutes ago
- › Meat Curing Chamber Question 27 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 40" digital electric smoker, model G2ESU40BSW 27 minutes ago
- › how long to cold smoke beef for jerky? 35 minutes ago
- › Marmite Beef Jerky? 50 minutes ago
- › Neighbors ever complain about smoke??? 1 hour ago
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by SenseiRogue
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by jdkimbro
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ