- 318 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: FREDERICK CO. MARYLAND
- Points: 14
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCheesetagged by Davidhef88, 11/23/13
Related Forum Threads
I've had my RecTec 680 for about three weeks or so. I've already cooked on it about 10 times I imagine. I've got baby backs smoking on it right now. This smoker is worth every penny you'll pay for...
I got this because smoking on my Weber kettle gets a little crowded. In stock form, this thing would probably be pretty useless. I was able to mod it with very little extra money because I...
after my seasoning run and 1st smoking session, I had to alter the unit..closed firebox to chamber up some and added a 3/16 plate deflector on top of it so heat and smoke ran more directly into...
Smoker is everything you need as a novice or pro. I converted my smoker to natural gas. Extremely easy conversion explained by the company on their website. Bought the #51 drill bit at Ace Hardware...
I was on a waiting list to get my Timberline 1300. Now having owned it 6 weeks, It has become a $2000 paperweight that occupies space on my deck. Avoid this grill, Traeger likes to tout their world...
1st cheese smoke
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Just getting around to cheese smoking time here in foggy CA country?
Usually like sharp cheddars and other more expensive cheeses?
When smoking? I find the smoke flavor makes even the cheaper and milder cheeses taste great!
Be sure to let your cheese rest a few weeks, even if vacupacked. The rest mellows it out.
As always? The wait is the worst part!
Good luck and good smoking.
I did my first cheese Friday. I did colby, mild and medium cheddar and montery Jack. I used apple and hickory, too much hickory I think. We had grilled cheese from the medium cheddar tonight and it was very good. I will be running a lot more of this stuff. Thanks to everyone on here , for all the nice posts with so much info.
Cheese straight from the smoker usually tastes very raw. It needs time for the smoke flavours to penetrate and mellow. Wrap as much as you can (vac pac if you have one) and leave it for at least a week before you try it again - preferably longer. If you thought it was good yesterday just wait until you try it once it has had a little time to mature.
I think most of us have a similar challenge. There is often a lot of truth when guys say "My wife just does not understand me!" Lol
I'm hoping for some cooler weather here in AZ so I can get a batch smoked to have ready for Christmas. Good advice from all to let cheese rest for a few weeks before eating.
- 1st cheese smoke
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Added to the family!! 6 minutes ago
- › Problem with cleaning smoker 9 minutes ago
- › Moist meat surface vs dry 9 minutes ago
- › Flat vs Point 39 minutes ago
- › 1st attempt at home butchery! 1 hour ago
- › 2017 Fattie Contest 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › 250 Gallon Franklin Replica Build 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › How do you chop your firewood down to the Karubecue C60 size brick... 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Picanha (Top Sirloin Cap) 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Pastrami-first attempt 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by SenseiRogue
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by jdkimbro
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ