- 318 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: FREDERICK CO. MARYLAND
- Points: 14
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCheesetagged by Davidhef88, 11/23/13
Related Forum Threads
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
1st cheese smoke
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Just getting around to cheese smoking time here in foggy CA country?
Usually like sharp cheddars and other more expensive cheeses?
When smoking? I find the smoke flavor makes even the cheaper and milder cheeses taste great!
Be sure to let your cheese rest a few weeks, even if vacupacked. The rest mellows it out.
As always? The wait is the worst part!
Good luck and good smoking.
I did my first cheese Friday. I did colby, mild and medium cheddar and montery Jack. I used apple and hickory, too much hickory I think. We had grilled cheese from the medium cheddar tonight and it was very good. I will be running a lot more of this stuff. Thanks to everyone on here , for all the nice posts with so much info.
Cheese straight from the smoker usually tastes very raw. It needs time for the smoke flavours to penetrate and mellow. Wrap as much as you can (vac pac if you have one) and leave it for at least a week before you try it again - preferably longer. If you thought it was good yesterday just wait until you try it once it has had a little time to mature.
I think most of us have a similar challenge. There is often a lot of truth when guys say "My wife just does not understand me!" Lol
I'm hoping for some cooler weather here in AZ so I can get a batch smoked to have ready for Christmas. Good advice from all to let cheese rest for a few weeks before eating.
- 1st cheese smoke
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Breakfast 29 minutes ago
- › Choosing a new smoker 30 minutes ago
- › New York strips, mac n cheese, and grilled yellow squash 30 minutes ago
- › smoked beef hearts, cure or no cure? 38 minutes ago
- › KCBA event at Silver Lake State Park sand dunes 40 minutes ago
- › To bitter 43 minutes ago
- › ~ BDSkelly Pulled Beef Sunday Dinner 1 hour ago
- › Pastrami, Ribs and a Butt 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Green tint on Smoked Back Bacon 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Newbie Smoker from Ky. 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › How to choose a good gas grill
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy