- 5 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicSausage Makingtagged by Davidhef88, 11/19/13
Related Forum Threads
Got this for convenience and the ease of smoking at tailgates or events without pulling the stick burner. Smoked several meals on it now. While I was assembling the smoker, i saw the wood chip tray...
If you ever wanted to make sausage and jerky this is the book that will get you started. Easy step-by-step instructions show you how to bone out a deer for sausage and jerky. Also includes both...
I know it's bad form to be underwhelmed by this book, but am I the only one who actually read it? There are duplicated parts, there is no discernible order to it, and it is mostly aimed at people...
I received this smoker as a gift - it's the 30" model. I read in the forums here about some mods to improve functionality and I did them: installed a base and casters, added some insulation around...
I received the 38' Smoky Hollow with the glass door at Christmas, and have done about 5 smokes so far. The unit is roomy enough to do a 12+ lb. brisket and much more. After two smokes, I ordered a...
Can't get summer sausage IT to 155 degrees
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
When I do beef sticks, at 145 deg smoker, it takes 24 hours to get to 140 ish.... as long as you have cure #1 in the mix, no problems with the long time... I'd lower the temp to 155 ish and wait... probably another 24-36 hours.... that will insure no "fat out" of the sausage..... and check the smoker temp with an accurate therm as Rexlan suggested... you don't need to add smoke during that long cooking cycle....
As stated above , as long as you have cure in it ,the time doesn't matter. And you do not have to keep smoke on it the entire time. In fact I definitly would not. Having said that I would verify temps. Also how cold is the meat when you start?
I have had this problem from time to time. Even doing a brisket or pork butt. Do you open door often? Happy SM Weisswurst.
- Can't get summer sausage IT to 155 degrees
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › TSM Smoked Butt 1 minute ago
- › member needing some advice 4 minutes ago
- › Elk Summer Sausage Question 5 minutes ago
- › The Awarding Of Points. 20 minutes ago
- › Intro for new member, Joe from Nor Cal. 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › % of Yields 2 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › TorTilla Press 2 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › 20 lbs of Leg Quarters 3 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › 55 gal drum 3 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › newb from TX to WA 3 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Masterbuilt Two Door Propane Smoker by JASinIL2006
- › Outdoor Leisure Products Smoke Hollow 38202G by csparrazza
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by mikeg1218
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by fivebadgers
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine