- 5 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicSausage Makingtagged by Davidhef88, 11/19/13
Related Forum Threads
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
I started out on a friends Traegar at work and made the decision to get a pellet smoker, I researched for awhile and was leaning towards the Green Mountain Grill line, I went and checked them out...
Can't get summer sausage IT to 155 degrees
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
When I do beef sticks, at 145 deg smoker, it takes 24 hours to get to 140 ish.... as long as you have cure #1 in the mix, no problems with the long time... I'd lower the temp to 155 ish and wait... probably another 24-36 hours.... that will insure no "fat out" of the sausage..... and check the smoker temp with an accurate therm as Rexlan suggested... you don't need to add smoke during that long cooking cycle....
As stated above , as long as you have cure in it ,the time doesn't matter. And you do not have to keep smoke on it the entire time. In fact I definitly would not. Having said that I would verify temps. Also how cold is the meat when you start?
I have had this problem from time to time. Even doing a brisket or pork butt. Do you open door often? Happy SM Weisswurst.
- Can't get summer sausage IT to 155 degrees
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Under the Sea Throwdown Winners!!! 3 minutes ago
- › SQWIBS Cooks ALL in one place! 6 minutes ago
- › First time on mes 40. From propane two for 30. 7 minutes ago
- › Deerburgers, with Swiss and Shrooms (3 Ways) 13 minutes ago
- › New guy with new smoker. 17 minutes ago
- › Anyone ever order from? 20 minutes ago
- › Turkey time! 23 minutes ago
- › New guy from San Jose, CA 32 minutes ago
- › Smoking cheese 36 minutes ago
- › First time on mes 40. From propane 30 42 minutes ago
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer