- 5 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicSausage Makingtagged by Davidhef88, 11/19/13
Related Forum Threads
I've had my Daniel Boone for 3 years or so. Smoked countless briskets, pork butts, turkey, tri tip, prime ribs, summer sausage, pepperoni, brats, jerky, fish....the list goes on and on. Always has...
I have A 5x8 Smoke Box, And A Twelve inch Smoke Tube. Stop By A-maze-n Store Today To Pick Up Thermometer. And Todd Took Care Of Me, He is Excellent to work with, even sent me home with some free...
I bought this unit because I was tired of the cheap thermometers at the store. Little did I realize what an improvement this was going to be. The oven probe showed that my smoker was 23 degrees...
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
Can't get summer sausage IT to 155 degrees
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
When I do beef sticks, at 145 deg smoker, it takes 24 hours to get to 140 ish.... as long as you have cure #1 in the mix, no problems with the long time... I'd lower the temp to 155 ish and wait... probably another 24-36 hours.... that will insure no "fat out" of the sausage..... and check the smoker temp with an accurate therm as Rexlan suggested... you don't need to add smoke during that long cooking cycle....
As stated above , as long as you have cure in it ,the time doesn't matter. And you do not have to keep smoke on it the entire time. In fact I definitly would not. Having said that I would verify temps. Also how cold is the meat when you start?
I have had this problem from time to time. Even doing a brisket or pork butt. Do you open door often? Happy SM Weisswurst.
- Can't get summer sausage IT to 155 degrees
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Winter is coming tonight 1 minute ago
- › Chicken Sausage Weekend: Chicken Pepperoni, Chicken Cheese and... 2 minutes ago
- › Chicken stir fry in the disc 7 minutes ago
- › Sweet Lebanon bologna 55 minutes ago
- › Corn Beef left overs = 58 minutes ago
- › How to store smoked cheese? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Ground chicken? 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Venison Backstrap 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › new guy 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › First fattie (pics) 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot