- 5 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicSausage Makingtagged by Davidhef88, 11/19/13
Related Forum Threads
I've had mine for more than 6 years and I really struggled through the first year with it getting too hot and burning up food. I was ready to give up and just use it as a charcoal grill. Then I...
I installed this and it worked flawlessly.
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Can't get summer sausage IT to 155 degrees
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
When I do beef sticks, at 145 deg smoker, it takes 24 hours to get to 140 ish.... as long as you have cure #1 in the mix, no problems with the long time... I'd lower the temp to 155 ish and wait... probably another 24-36 hours.... that will insure no "fat out" of the sausage..... and check the smoker temp with an accurate therm as Rexlan suggested... you don't need to add smoke during that long cooking cycle....
As stated above , as long as you have cure in it ,the time doesn't matter. And you do not have to keep smoke on it the entire time. In fact I definitly would not. Having said that I would verify temps. Also how cold is the meat when you start?
I have had this problem from time to time. Even doing a brisket or pork butt. Do you open door often? Happy SM Weisswurst.
- Can't get summer sausage IT to 155 degrees
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Stick burner in the cold? 28 seconds ago
- › New smoker 1 minute ago
- › pork collar 1 minute ago
- › Hello from Winchester VA 3 minutes ago
- › Upgraded/downgraded to a trager from am offset. 8 minutes ago
- › New Traeger Timberline 15 minutes ago
- › The Juiciest Tastiest Chicken Breast! Oh and Smokey Sloppy Joes :) 21 minutes ago
- › Traeger Disasters 21 minutes ago
- › Smoking raw eggs 24 minutes ago
- › Ideas 27 minutes ago
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › Horizon Smokers Charcoal Basket For 20 Inch Classic And Oklahoma... by ammaturesmoker
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices