- 5 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicSausage Makingtagged by Davidhef88, 11/19/13
Related Forum Threads
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Can't get summer sausage IT to 155 degrees
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
When I do beef sticks, at 145 deg smoker, it takes 24 hours to get to 140 ish.... as long as you have cure #1 in the mix, no problems with the long time... I'd lower the temp to 155 ish and wait... probably another 24-36 hours.... that will insure no "fat out" of the sausage..... and check the smoker temp with an accurate therm as Rexlan suggested... you don't need to add smoke during that long cooking cycle....
As stated above , as long as you have cure in it ,the time doesn't matter. And you do not have to keep smoke on it the entire time. In fact I definitly would not. Having said that I would verify temps. Also how cold is the meat when you start?
I have had this problem from time to time. Even doing a brisket or pork butt. Do you open door often? Happy SM Weisswurst.
- Can't get summer sausage IT to 155 degrees
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Comp pork, Money muscle 8 minutes ago
- › Ham,it's what's for dinner 36 minutes ago
- › Light v's Dark Sugar 46 minutes ago
- › Chicken Cordon Bleu my first time 48 minutes ago
- › The Smokin Monkey Cook Book 49 minutes ago
- › Bear summer sausage 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Smoked meatloaf? 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › SOUS VIDE 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › BDSkelly ~ NY Strips. First Burn on the Lodge Sportsman Grill /... 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › First run at Bacon....turned out waaaaay better than I ever thought! 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona