Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- My first mini WSM Last post on 12/21/14 at 3:02pm in Mini-WSM
- Mini Weber Smokey Mountain Test Run Data Last post on 5/26/14 at 10:11am in Mini-WSM
- Therm Grommet Last post on 1/3/14 at 1:02pm in Mini-WSM
- Singing the praises of the mini...beef shorties Last post on 12/8/13 at 6:27am in Beef
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
Spatchy on the mini! - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #42 of 5212/5/13 at 7:42pmQuote:
Snug as bug in a rug....
This was a pic the other night when it was pretty cold outside cooking a fatty bird @ 350 but tonight it's about 10 wind chill and the mini is out there with it's insulation jacket and it thinks it's summer time....at least behaves like it.... rock solid temps and goes through pennies in fuel. No tera pot or anyting...just the steamer tray that comes with the tamale pot is in it.post #43 of 5212/6/13 at 9:08ampost #44 of 5212/6/13 at 9:29amThread Starterpost #45 of 5212/6/13 at 9:31amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by FWIsmoker
Snug as bug in a rug....
This was a pic the other night when it was pretty cold outside cooking a fatty bird @ 350 but tonight it's about 10 wind chill and the mini is out there with it's insulation jacket and it thinks it's summer time....at least behaves like it.... rock solid temps and goes through pennies in fuel. No tera pot or anyting...just the steamer tray that comes with the tamale pot is in it.
I haven't even been using a wind screen or anything and the Mini just chugs along likes its summertime. Was -1 last night, ouch!!!
To all those that can't smoke or BBQ in the winter, BAH Humbug!!!!!post #46 of 5212/6/13 at 9:32amThread Starterpost #47 of 5212/9/13 at 5:18am
Very nice color on the chicken and the skin looks great too. I have never been able to master the chicken. To me chicken is the hardest to cook consistently.post #48 of 5212/9/13 at 6:42amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks!! I think that spatching is one of the best methods for getting a good consistent cook on a chicken. Keeping the rub and overall process simple is another trick I like to use. Then there's the temp, high temp really helps. You still get great smokey flavor, moist meat and crisp skin. Of course having a great little smoker that holds temps right where they need to be also helps. The mini-wsm is on heck of a great smoker!post #49 of 5212/15/13 at 1:16ampost #50 of 5212/15/13 at 8:11amThread Starter
Thanks! Check out the Mini WSM build forum under smoker builds. Lots if good info on builds there.post #51 of 5212/15/13 at 7:02pm
- Spatchy on the mini!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › "quick smoked?" salmon 10 minutes ago
- › smoked eggs in shell 25 minutes ago
- › Charcuterie overload 31 minutes ago
- › Questions about Firebrick and Mortar 38 minutes ago
- › Can i hang my UMAi in my basement? 44 minutes ago
- › Wood fired pizza oven? 47 minutes ago
- › Sourdough bread 51 minutes ago
- › Question on Kettle grill quality 54 minutes ago
- › I know what I'm doing this weekend... 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › St Pattys Day sous vide 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations