Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- My first mini WSM Last post on 12/21/14 at 3:02pm in Mini-WSM
- Mini Weber Smokey Mountain Test Run Data Last post on 5/26/14 at 10:11am in Mini-WSM
- Therm Grommet Last post on 1/3/14 at 1:02pm in Mini-WSM
- Singing the praises of the mini...beef shorties Last post on 12/8/13 at 6:27am in Beef
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
You won't find these at Wal-Mart!!!
I purchased one of the very early Traeger Lil' Tex models about 20 years ago. It was the first pellet grill I had ever seen and I fell in love instantly. Over time I added a digital thermometer to...
This product will not work in a propane smoker and it is a known defect by Amazen. The gas fire fights with the smoker for the air supply and the smoker usually looses an will not burn. They...
My stock temp gauge after 3 uses was about 50 degrees off. So I ordered this one cause I have seen this one in many videos and pictures. and the rating was good. Had to make the hole bigger to...
I purchased this grill on 5-05-2017-----so I purchased this grill (Tailgater in Blue) from my local ACE hardware and the temps are all over the place, so far I have e-mailed back and forth (3...
Spatchy on the mini! - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #42 of 5212/5/13 at 7:42pmQuote:
Snug as bug in a rug....
This was a pic the other night when it was pretty cold outside cooking a fatty bird @ 350 but tonight it's about 10 wind chill and the mini is out there with it's insulation jacket and it thinks it's summer time....at least behaves like it.... rock solid temps and goes through pennies in fuel. No tera pot or anyting...just the steamer tray that comes with the tamale pot is in it.post #43 of 5212/6/13 at 9:08ampost #44 of 5212/6/13 at 9:29amThread Starterpost #45 of 5212/6/13 at 9:31amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by FWIsmoker
Snug as bug in a rug....
This was a pic the other night when it was pretty cold outside cooking a fatty bird @ 350 but tonight it's about 10 wind chill and the mini is out there with it's insulation jacket and it thinks it's summer time....at least behaves like it.... rock solid temps and goes through pennies in fuel. No tera pot or anyting...just the steamer tray that comes with the tamale pot is in it.
I haven't even been using a wind screen or anything and the Mini just chugs along likes its summertime. Was -1 last night, ouch!!!
To all those that can't smoke or BBQ in the winter, BAH Humbug!!!!!post #46 of 5212/6/13 at 9:32amThread Starterpost #47 of 5212/9/13 at 5:18am
Very nice color on the chicken and the skin looks great too. I have never been able to master the chicken. To me chicken is the hardest to cook consistently.post #48 of 5212/9/13 at 6:42amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks!! I think that spatching is one of the best methods for getting a good consistent cook on a chicken. Keeping the rub and overall process simple is another trick I like to use. Then there's the temp, high temp really helps. You still get great smokey flavor, moist meat and crisp skin. Of course having a great little smoker that holds temps right where they need to be also helps. The mini-wsm is on heck of a great smoker!post #49 of 5212/15/13 at 1:16ampost #50 of 5212/15/13 at 8:11amThread Starter
Thanks! Check out the Mini WSM build forum under smoker builds. Lots if good info on builds there.post #51 of 5212/15/13 at 7:02pm
- Spatchy on the mini!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › First timer smoking and with new 18" WSM 1 minute ago
- › Firebox Side Door - What Are People Using? Size? 2 minutes ago
- › Pork shoulder smoking time? 4 minutes ago
- › I have access to whisky barrels, can I cut them up and smoke with... 6 minutes ago
- › 16# Brisket Help 10 minutes ago
- › 16" -vs- 20" Offset Smoker Comparison 17 minutes ago
- › Having heat level issues with new smoker 24 minutes ago
- › Solo Stuffing Time 31 minutes ago
- › Cervelat SS 33 minutes ago
- › New to the Site - Asheville, NC 34 minutes ago
- › Old Country Brasos by ammaturesmoker
- › Traeger Lil' Tex Elite Pellet Grill by Gjd53
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by Smokedevil
- › 3 Inch Large Smoker Thermometer by Tragusa113
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by bigdumbjarhead
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by 603Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by daRicksta
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by BC taster
- › Brinkmann Pro Series 4400 by LilyArscott
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by Jarch
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS