Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- My first mini WSM Last post on 12/21/14 at 3:02pm in Mini-WSM
- Mini Weber Smokey Mountain Test Run Data Last post on 5/26/14 at 10:11am in Mini-WSM
- Therm Grommet Last post on 1/3/14 at 1:02pm in Mini-WSM
- Singing the praises of the mini...beef shorties Last post on 12/8/13 at 6:27am in Beef
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I bought the Weber 26.75" grill mainly for the larger grilling area. I have owned Weber's 22.5" grills for over 50 years now, I'm on my 3rd one now, but now needed more grilling area, and the...
Forgive me if I write a lot of drivel, bu this is my first review of a product on this forum: I had gotten a 12" A-maze-n tube and used it to smoke cheese last year (on my old grill), and...
I purchased this smoker to again give smoking a try. I had been a avid meat/fish smoker years ago long before all of the temperature controlled available smokers & temperature monitoring equipment...
I called Lisa from www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com, A nicer more helpful person you wont find. She walked me through the options and helped me select the VP215. This thing is the bomb! I grabbed a...
Bought this at KMart on a special sale and we've had this grill for about five years now and it has held up pretty well except the underside of the grill. The grease pan/tray that leads to the...
Spatchy on the mini! - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #42 of 5212/5/13 at 7:42pmQuote:
Snug as bug in a rug....
This was a pic the other night when it was pretty cold outside cooking a fatty bird @ 350 but tonight it's about 10 wind chill and the mini is out there with it's insulation jacket and it thinks it's summer time....at least behaves like it.... rock solid temps and goes through pennies in fuel. No tera pot or anyting...just the steamer tray that comes with the tamale pot is in it.post #43 of 5212/6/13 at 9:08ampost #44 of 5212/6/13 at 9:29amThread Starterpost #45 of 5212/6/13 at 9:31amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by FWIsmoker
Snug as bug in a rug....
This was a pic the other night when it was pretty cold outside cooking a fatty bird @ 350 but tonight it's about 10 wind chill and the mini is out there with it's insulation jacket and it thinks it's summer time....at least behaves like it.... rock solid temps and goes through pennies in fuel. No tera pot or anyting...just the steamer tray that comes with the tamale pot is in it.
I haven't even been using a wind screen or anything and the Mini just chugs along likes its summertime. Was -1 last night, ouch!!!
To all those that can't smoke or BBQ in the winter, BAH Humbug!!!!!post #46 of 5212/6/13 at 9:32amThread Starterpost #47 of 5212/9/13 at 5:18am
Very nice color on the chicken and the skin looks great too. I have never been able to master the chicken. To me chicken is the hardest to cook consistently.post #48 of 5212/9/13 at 6:42amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks!! I think that spatching is one of the best methods for getting a good consistent cook on a chicken. Keeping the rub and overall process simple is another trick I like to use. Then there's the temp, high temp really helps. You still get great smokey flavor, moist meat and crisp skin. Of course having a great little smoker that holds temps right where they need to be also helps. The mini-wsm is on heck of a great smoker!post #49 of 5212/15/13 at 1:16ampost #50 of 5212/15/13 at 8:11amThread Starter
Thanks! Check out the Mini WSM build forum under smoker builds. Lots if good info on builds there.post #51 of 5212/15/13 at 7:02pm
- Spatchy on the mini!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › Big brisket -- cook it whole or cut it in half 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Mississippi BBQ 3 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › anyone smoked razor clams? 4 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Weber money mountain 4 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › How to store smoked cheese? 4 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Smoked Razor clams 5 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Eight Racks of St. Louis Ribs 5 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Smoked Salmon 5 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › MES not enough smoke - have the AMNPS 5 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Smoking all year... Neglecting my grill 5 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Meco 5031 Charcoal Combo Water Smoker by W2HR
- › VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer by TripleQ
- › Kenmore 4 burner split lid with sear station and side burner gas grill by Cornman
- › Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill by erikself
- › Bradley Digital 4- Rack Smoker by hoekma
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by WickedPigeon
- › Char-Griller 9040 by Chicken Man 911
- › Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Front... by Wilkesctywildma