Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- My first mini WSM Last post on 12/21/14 at 3:02pm in Mini-WSM
- Mini Weber Smokey Mountain Test Run Data Last post on 5/26/14 at 10:11am in Mini-WSM
- Therm Grommet Last post on 1/3/14 at 1:02pm in Mini-WSM
- Singing the praises of the mini...beef shorties Last post on 12/8/13 at 6:27am in Beef
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
Spatchy on the mini! - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #42 of 5212/5/13 at 7:42pmQuote:
Snug as bug in a rug....
This was a pic the other night when it was pretty cold outside cooking a fatty bird @ 350 but tonight it's about 10 wind chill and the mini is out there with it's insulation jacket and it thinks it's summer time....at least behaves like it.... rock solid temps and goes through pennies in fuel. No tera pot or anyting...just the steamer tray that comes with the tamale pot is in it.post #43 of 5212/6/13 at 9:08ampost #44 of 5212/6/13 at 9:29amThread Starterpost #45 of 5212/6/13 at 9:31amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by FWIsmoker
Snug as bug in a rug....
This was a pic the other night when it was pretty cold outside cooking a fatty bird @ 350 but tonight it's about 10 wind chill and the mini is out there with it's insulation jacket and it thinks it's summer time....at least behaves like it.... rock solid temps and goes through pennies in fuel. No tera pot or anyting...just the steamer tray that comes with the tamale pot is in it.
I haven't even been using a wind screen or anything and the Mini just chugs along likes its summertime. Was -1 last night, ouch!!!
To all those that can't smoke or BBQ in the winter, BAH Humbug!!!!!post #46 of 5212/6/13 at 9:32amThread Starterpost #47 of 5212/9/13 at 5:18am
Very nice color on the chicken and the skin looks great too. I have never been able to master the chicken. To me chicken is the hardest to cook consistently.post #48 of 5212/9/13 at 6:42amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks!! I think that spatching is one of the best methods for getting a good consistent cook on a chicken. Keeping the rub and overall process simple is another trick I like to use. Then there's the temp, high temp really helps. You still get great smokey flavor, moist meat and crisp skin. Of course having a great little smoker that holds temps right where they need to be also helps. The mini-wsm is on heck of a great smoker!post #49 of 5212/15/13 at 1:16ampost #50 of 5212/15/13 at 8:11amThread Starter
Thanks! Check out the Mini WSM build forum under smoker builds. Lots if good info on builds there.post #51 of 5212/15/13 at 7:02pm
- Spatchy on the mini!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › She's home!! 55 seconds ago
- › Here we go...rookie first time Boston Butt attempt. 2 minutes ago
- › Mushroom Swiss Buffalo Burger & Steak Fries 11 minutes ago
- › Hobart Model 1612 Meat Slicer 18 minutes ago
- › Whiskey Brats 22 minutes ago
- › First full meal in the MES 30 minutes ago
- › New member 30 minutes ago
- › Drunken Jerk wings and cheesy corn 38 minutes ago
- › Brine or Dry Rub Boston Butt 39 minutes ago
- › Vortex wing party 42 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ