Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- My first mini WSM Last post on 12/21/14 at 3:02pm in Mini-WSM
- Mini Weber Smokey Mountain Test Run Data Last post on 5/26/14 at 10:11am in Mini-WSM
- Therm Grommet Last post on 1/3/14 at 1:02pm in Mini-WSM
- Singing the praises of the mini...beef shorties Last post on 12/8/13 at 6:27am in Beef
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
Spatchy on the mini! - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #42 of 5212/5/13 at 7:42pmQuote:
Snug as bug in a rug....
This was a pic the other night when it was pretty cold outside cooking a fatty bird @ 350 but tonight it's about 10 wind chill and the mini is out there with it's insulation jacket and it thinks it's summer time....at least behaves like it.... rock solid temps and goes through pennies in fuel. No tera pot or anyting...just the steamer tray that comes with the tamale pot is in it.post #43 of 5212/6/13 at 9:08ampost #44 of 5212/6/13 at 9:29amThread Starterpost #45 of 5212/6/13 at 9:31amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by FWIsmoker
Snug as bug in a rug....
This was a pic the other night when it was pretty cold outside cooking a fatty bird @ 350 but tonight it's about 10 wind chill and the mini is out there with it's insulation jacket and it thinks it's summer time....at least behaves like it.... rock solid temps and goes through pennies in fuel. No tera pot or anyting...just the steamer tray that comes with the tamale pot is in it.
I haven't even been using a wind screen or anything and the Mini just chugs along likes its summertime. Was -1 last night, ouch!!!
To all those that can't smoke or BBQ in the winter, BAH Humbug!!!!!post #46 of 5212/6/13 at 9:32amThread Starterpost #47 of 5212/9/13 at 5:18am
Very nice color on the chicken and the skin looks great too. I have never been able to master the chicken. To me chicken is the hardest to cook consistently.post #48 of 5212/9/13 at 6:42amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks!! I think that spatching is one of the best methods for getting a good consistent cook on a chicken. Keeping the rub and overall process simple is another trick I like to use. Then there's the temp, high temp really helps. You still get great smokey flavor, moist meat and crisp skin. Of course having a great little smoker that holds temps right where they need to be also helps. The mini-wsm is on heck of a great smoker!post #49 of 5212/15/13 at 1:16ampost #50 of 5212/15/13 at 8:11amThread Starter
Thanks! Check out the Mini WSM build forum under smoker builds. Lots if good info on builds there.post #51 of 5212/15/13 at 7:02pm
- Spatchy on the mini!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › Going to try these 1 minute ago
- › Pepper question 2 minutes ago
- › Designing My Build - Opinions Appreciated 10 minutes ago
- › Steak Preferences 12 minutes ago
- › August 2017 Throwdown "YardBird" Winners!!!! 18 minutes ago
- › Sous Vide Arm Roast 28 minutes ago
- › You tube links. 33 minutes ago
- › QUESTIONS for you MES30/40 users 41 minutes ago
- › Sous vide Fried chicken 44 minutes ago
- › Indian Summer Pulled Pork 46 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods