You did a great job with your CB and bacon it looks very professional. I just made some bacon a week ago and it is like Foamheart said "just a little less heat". We tried bacon in the oven at 350 on the broiler pan for 12-15 minutes and that turned out very good. None of the oven bacon burned.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBacon Makingtagged by Woodcutter, 11/12/13
Dry Cured Bacon Calculator And Procedure
Last edited: 3/20/12
- Butterflying A Pork Butt For Buckboard BaconLast edited: 3/23/15
- Bearcarvers Smoked Bacon Step By Step With QviewLast edited: 11/17/10
- Canadian Bacon Basic TechniqueLast edited: 7/2/10
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
My first Bacon. All three types BBB, CB and Belly (pic heavy) - Page 3post #41 of 4711/25/13 at 6:19am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #42 of 4711/26/13 at 5:42pm
Man, that's some great looking bacon, BigDaveJr! I smoked my CB on Sunday. Wow.... Need I say more?? I smoked mine for 6 hours with hickory to IT of 156. The taste, today (2 days later) is really good, and different than day one! Resting in the fridge is definitely important! Foamheart is right - I'm now addicted to the whole "bacon making" thing!post #43 of 4711/26/13 at 7:04pmThread Starter
DivotMaker, yours looks awesome also! Is not some of the best stuff you have ever tasted. Tomorrow I will be putting my buckboard bacon in the smoker. So more pics to come.post #44 of 4711/29/13 at 11:55pmQuote:Hi BigDaveJr,Originally Posted by BigDaveJr
I got the cure at The Sportsman Warehouse its kinda like a Bass Pro Shop or Cabela's. I cold smoked the CB for 8 hours and the turned on the heat at 240 til internal of 160. It came out really juicy and man does it taste good fried up.
Belly bacon is in the smoker now 1 was thinking of going 12 hours any suggestions?
Interested in how long/temp you ended up smoking your Belly Bacon. On my first go and not sure which way to go or how long with the smoke. Your bacon looks great! Mine comes out of a dry cure tomorrow so smoking in a couple days.post #45 of 4711/30/13 at 8:35amThread Starterpost #46 of 4712/2/13 at 6:39pmThread Starter
The buck board bacon is done and man is it tasty also! I ended up going 21 days in the brine and overnight in the fridge, just worked out that way with the holiday. I smoked it for a total of 13 hours. I used pecan in my AMNPS lit both ends and got right at 9+ hours out of it, then filled 1 row and went the remaining 4. I put it in the brine it whole with only the bone removed then butterflied it after before smoking.
The Payoff!post #47 of 4712/2/13 at 6:43pm
Looks good, and just barely enough fat to cook itself! I see that and think of fresh tomato and lettuce. Mmmmmm........
- My first Bacon. All three types BBB, CB and Belly (pic heavy)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Butterflying A Pork Butt For Buckboard Bacon
- › Planning out my first build 3 minutes ago
- › converting to electric 4 minutes ago
- › Is a 2nd generation used MES 40" worth $100? 5 minutes ago
- › Please help. 10 minutes ago
- › Smoking a chicken 27 minutes ago
- › Best Charcoal Grill 32 minutes ago
- › no pots hack? 36 minutes ago
- › First Chicken Question 44 minutes ago
- › Chocolate Rub Ribs 52 minutes ago
- › My first buck board 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ