You did a great job with your CB and bacon it looks very professional. I just made some bacon a week ago and it is like Foamheart said "just a little less heat". We tried bacon in the oven at 350 on the broiler pan for 12-15 minutes and that turned out very good. None of the oven bacon burned.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBacon Makingtagged by Woodcutter, 11/12/13
Dry Cured Bacon Calculator And Procedure
Last edited: 3/20/12
- Butterflying A Pork Butt For Buckboard BaconLast edited: 3/23/15
- Bearcarvers Smoked Bacon Step By Step With QviewLast edited: 11/17/10
- Canadian Bacon Basic TechniqueLast edited: 7/2/10
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
My first Bacon. All three types BBB, CB and Belly (pic heavy) - Page 3post #41 of 4711/25/13 at 6:19am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #42 of 4711/26/13 at 5:42pm
Man, that's some great looking bacon, BigDaveJr! I smoked my CB on Sunday. Wow.... Need I say more?? I smoked mine for 6 hours with hickory to IT of 156. The taste, today (2 days later) is really good, and different than day one! Resting in the fridge is definitely important! Foamheart is right - I'm now addicted to the whole "bacon making" thing!post #43 of 4711/26/13 at 7:04pmThread Starter
DivotMaker, yours looks awesome also! Is not some of the best stuff you have ever tasted. Tomorrow I will be putting my buckboard bacon in the smoker. So more pics to come.post #44 of 4711/29/13 at 11:55pmQuote:Hi BigDaveJr,Originally Posted by BigDaveJr
I got the cure at The Sportsman Warehouse its kinda like a Bass Pro Shop or Cabela's. I cold smoked the CB for 8 hours and the turned on the heat at 240 til internal of 160. It came out really juicy and man does it taste good fried up.
Belly bacon is in the smoker now 1 was thinking of going 12 hours any suggestions?
Interested in how long/temp you ended up smoking your Belly Bacon. On my first go and not sure which way to go or how long with the smoke. Your bacon looks great! Mine comes out of a dry cure tomorrow so smoking in a couple days.post #45 of 4711/30/13 at 8:35amThread Starterpost #46 of 4712/2/13 at 6:39pmThread Starter
The buck board bacon is done and man is it tasty also! I ended up going 21 days in the brine and overnight in the fridge, just worked out that way with the holiday. I smoked it for a total of 13 hours. I used pecan in my AMNPS lit both ends and got right at 9+ hours out of it, then filled 1 row and went the remaining 4. I put it in the brine it whole with only the bone removed then butterflied it after before smoking.
The Payoff!post #47 of 4712/2/13 at 6:43pm
Looks good, and just barely enough fat to cook itself! I see that and think of fresh tomato and lettuce. Mmmmmm........
- My first Bacon. All three types BBB, CB and Belly (pic heavy)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Butterflying A Pork Butt For Buckboard Bacon
- › Central Florida Butcher? 4 seconds ago
- › Rotisserie Lamb 2 minutes ago
- › early spring 1st pulled pork. 3 minutes ago
- › Almost Vacation Time 4 minutes ago
- › Spit Roasted Fire Bathed Cheddar Brats 5 minutes ago
- › Oklahoma Joe's vertical, advice needed 15 minutes ago
- › Kielbasa Smoking Help 17 minutes ago
- › 2017 Smokers Weekend 19 minutes ago
- › In response to cranky's porkapolypse 35 minutes ago
- › Smoker wind break 35 minutes ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations