You did a great job with your CB and bacon it looks very professional. I just made some bacon a week ago and it is like Foamheart said "just a little less heat". We tried bacon in the oven at 350 on the broiler pan for 12-15 minutes and that turned out very good. None of the oven bacon burned.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBacon Makingtagged by Woodcutter, 11/12/13
Dry Cured Bacon Calculator And Procedure
Last edited: 3/20/12
- Butterflying A Pork Butt For Buckboard BaconLast edited: 3/23/15
- Bearcarvers Smoked Bacon Step By Step With QviewLast edited: 11/17/10
- Canadian Bacon Basic TechniqueLast edited: 7/2/10
If you want a serious thermometer, this is for you. It comes with 2 meat probes & one air probe, also included is a USB charger. It also has an auxiliary plug that I don't know what it is for, but...
Got this for convenience and the ease of smoking at tailgates or events without pulling the stick burner. Smoked several meals on it now. While I was assembling the smoker, i saw the wood chip tray...
If you ever wanted to make sausage and jerky this is the book that will get you started. Easy step-by-step instructions show you how to bone out a deer for sausage and jerky. Also includes both...
I know it's bad form to be underwhelmed by this book, but am I the only one who actually read it? There are duplicated parts, there is no discernible order to it, and it is mostly aimed at people...
I received this smoker as a gift - it's the 30" model. I read in the forums here about some mods to improve functionality and I did them: installed a base and casters, added some insulation around...
My first Bacon. All three types BBB, CB and Belly (pic heavy) - Page 3post #41 of 4711/25/13 at 6:19am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #42 of 4711/26/13 at 5:42pm
Man, that's some great looking bacon, BigDaveJr! I smoked my CB on Sunday. Wow.... Need I say more?? I smoked mine for 6 hours with hickory to IT of 156. The taste, today (2 days later) is really good, and different than day one! Resting in the fridge is definitely important! Foamheart is right - I'm now addicted to the whole "bacon making" thing!post #43 of 4711/26/13 at 7:04pmThread Starter
DivotMaker, yours looks awesome also! Is not some of the best stuff you have ever tasted. Tomorrow I will be putting my buckboard bacon in the smoker. So more pics to come.post #44 of 4711/29/13 at 11:55pmQuote:Hi BigDaveJr,Originally Posted by BigDaveJr
I got the cure at The Sportsman Warehouse its kinda like a Bass Pro Shop or Cabela's. I cold smoked the CB for 8 hours and the turned on the heat at 240 til internal of 160. It came out really juicy and man does it taste good fried up.
Belly bacon is in the smoker now 1 was thinking of going 12 hours any suggestions?
Interested in how long/temp you ended up smoking your Belly Bacon. On my first go and not sure which way to go or how long with the smoke. Your bacon looks great! Mine comes out of a dry cure tomorrow so smoking in a couple days.post #45 of 4711/30/13 at 8:35amThread Starterpost #46 of 4712/2/13 at 6:39pmThread Starter
The buck board bacon is done and man is it tasty also! I ended up going 21 days in the brine and overnight in the fridge, just worked out that way with the holiday. I smoked it for a total of 13 hours. I used pecan in my AMNPS lit both ends and got right at 9+ hours out of it, then filled 1 row and went the remaining 4. I put it in the brine it whole with only the bone removed then butterflied it after before smoking.
The Payoff!post #47 of 4712/2/13 at 6:43pm
Looks good, and just barely enough fat to cook itself! I see that and think of fresh tomato and lettuce. Mmmmmm........
- My first Bacon. All three types BBB, CB and Belly (pic heavy)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Butterflying A Pork Butt For Buckboard Bacon
- › Turkey on the grill. 1 minute ago
- › New 18 WSM owner - Central Virginia 2 minutes ago
- › First time curing / cold smoking. Am I safe? 2 minutes ago
- › Turning my WSM into a stickburner 3 minutes ago
- › Is 14 hours long for brisket? 7 minutes ago
- › Sausage Break 8 minutes ago
- › CANADIAN BACON TIME IN EAST TEXAS 9 minutes ago
- › First Brisket Flat w/Q View 19 minutes ago
- › Cold smoked salmon during the chilly weather 21 minutes ago
- › SMOKED MEATLOAF w/ my new FIREBOARD REMOTE THERMOMETER 30 minutes ago
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Masterbuilt Two Door Propane Smoker by JASinIL2006
- › Outdoor Leisure Products Smoke Hollow 38202G by csparrazza
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by mikeg1218
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by fivebadgers
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine