You did a great job with your CB and bacon it looks very professional. I just made some bacon a week ago and it is like Foamheart said "just a little less heat". We tried bacon in the oven at 350 on the broiler pan for 12-15 minutes and that turned out very good. None of the oven bacon burned.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBacon Makingtagged by Woodcutter, 11/12/13
Dry Cured Bacon Calculator And Procedure
Last edited: 3/20/12
- Butterflying A Pork Butt For Buckboard BaconLast edited: 3/23/15
- Bearcarvers Smoked Bacon Step By Step With QviewLast edited: 11/17/10
- Canadian Bacon Basic TechniqueLast edited: 7/2/10
You won't find these at Wal-Mart!!!
I purchased one of the very early Traeger Lil' Tex models about 20 years ago. It was the first pellet grill I had ever seen and I fell in love instantly. Over time I added a digital thermometer to...
This product will not work in a propane smoker and it is a known defect by Amazen. The gas fire fights with the smoker for the air supply and the smoker usually looses an will not burn. They...
My stock temp gauge after 3 uses was about 50 degrees off. So I ordered this one cause I have seen this one in many videos and pictures. and the rating was good. Had to make the hole bigger to...
I purchased this grill on 5-05-2017-----so I purchased this grill (Tailgater in Blue) from my local ACE hardware and the temps are all over the place, so far I have e-mailed back and forth (3...
My first Bacon. All three types BBB, CB and Belly (pic heavy) - Page 3post #41 of 4711/25/13 at 6:19am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #42 of 4711/26/13 at 5:42pm
Man, that's some great looking bacon, BigDaveJr! I smoked my CB on Sunday. Wow.... Need I say more?? I smoked mine for 6 hours with hickory to IT of 156. The taste, today (2 days later) is really good, and different than day one! Resting in the fridge is definitely important! Foamheart is right - I'm now addicted to the whole "bacon making" thing!post #43 of 4711/26/13 at 7:04pmThread Starter
DivotMaker, yours looks awesome also! Is not some of the best stuff you have ever tasted. Tomorrow I will be putting my buckboard bacon in the smoker. So more pics to come.post #44 of 4711/29/13 at 11:55pmQuote:Hi BigDaveJr,Originally Posted by BigDaveJr
I got the cure at The Sportsman Warehouse its kinda like a Bass Pro Shop or Cabela's. I cold smoked the CB for 8 hours and the turned on the heat at 240 til internal of 160. It came out really juicy and man does it taste good fried up.
Belly bacon is in the smoker now 1 was thinking of going 12 hours any suggestions?
Interested in how long/temp you ended up smoking your Belly Bacon. On my first go and not sure which way to go or how long with the smoke. Your bacon looks great! Mine comes out of a dry cure tomorrow so smoking in a couple days.post #45 of 4711/30/13 at 8:35amThread Starterpost #46 of 4712/2/13 at 6:39pmThread Starter
The buck board bacon is done and man is it tasty also! I ended up going 21 days in the brine and overnight in the fridge, just worked out that way with the holiday. I smoked it for a total of 13 hours. I used pecan in my AMNPS lit both ends and got right at 9+ hours out of it, then filled 1 row and went the remaining 4. I put it in the brine it whole with only the bone removed then butterflied it after before smoking.
The Payoff!post #47 of 4712/2/13 at 6:43pm
Looks good, and just barely enough fat to cook itself! I see that and think of fresh tomato and lettuce. Mmmmmm........
- My first Bacon. All three types BBB, CB and Belly (pic heavy)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Butterflying A Pork Butt For Buckboard Bacon
- › Stuffer vs. stuffer vote 3 minutes ago
- › Smoked vegetable something or another...? 6 minutes ago
- › Tonight's smoked pork tenderloin 21 minutes ago
- › WiFi Thermometer Choices 21 minutes ago
- › CDC report shows foodborne botulism poisoning increasing .... 27 minutes ago
- › Long time listener, first time caller..... 37 minutes ago
- › June 2017 Burger Blowout Voting thread!! 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Big party smoke with Q-Vuew 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › making homemade ricotta and queso blanco......much q/view 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Green Olive Burger 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Old Country Brasos by ammaturesmoker
- › Traeger Lil' Tex Elite Pellet Grill by Gjd53
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by Smokedevil
- › 3 Inch Large Smoker Thermometer by Tragusa113
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by bigdumbjarhead
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by 603Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by daRicksta
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by BC taster
- › Brinkmann Pro Series 4400 by LilyArscott
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by Jarch
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS