You did a great job with your CB and bacon it looks very professional. I just made some bacon a week ago and it is like Foamheart said "just a little less heat". We tried bacon in the oven at 350 on the broiler pan for 12-15 minutes and that turned out very good. None of the oven bacon burned.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBacon Makingtagged by Woodcutter, 11/12/13
Dry Cured Bacon Calculator And Procedure
Last edited: 3/20/12
- Butterflying A Pork Butt For Buckboard BaconLast edited: 3/23/15
- Bearcarvers Smoked Bacon Step By Step With QviewLast edited: 11/17/10
- Canadian Bacon Basic TechniqueLast edited: 7/2/10
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
I agree with everything yamafx4dude said. The box itself is great. Well insulted and large enough for a large family I need to smoke for. However the electronics in this unit suck… DO NOT depend...
This is a nice set it and forget it type of thing. One thing I do want to mention on it...lump coal is not easy to work with on this. Stay with Kingsford. Well made and works like a charm. I am not...
My first Bacon. All three types BBB, CB and Belly (pic heavy) - Page 3post #41 of 4711/25/13 at 6:19am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #42 of 4711/26/13 at 5:42pm
Man, that's some great looking bacon, BigDaveJr! I smoked my CB on Sunday. Wow.... Need I say more?? I smoked mine for 6 hours with hickory to IT of 156. The taste, today (2 days later) is really good, and different than day one! Resting in the fridge is definitely important! Foamheart is right - I'm now addicted to the whole "bacon making" thing!post #43 of 4711/26/13 at 7:04pmThread Starter
DivotMaker, yours looks awesome also! Is not some of the best stuff you have ever tasted. Tomorrow I will be putting my buckboard bacon in the smoker. So more pics to come.post #44 of 4711/29/13 at 11:55pmQuote:Hi BigDaveJr,Originally Posted by BigDaveJr
I got the cure at The Sportsman Warehouse its kinda like a Bass Pro Shop or Cabela's. I cold smoked the CB for 8 hours and the turned on the heat at 240 til internal of 160. It came out really juicy and man does it taste good fried up.
Belly bacon is in the smoker now 1 was thinking of going 12 hours any suggestions?
Interested in how long/temp you ended up smoking your Belly Bacon. On my first go and not sure which way to go or how long with the smoke. Your bacon looks great! Mine comes out of a dry cure tomorrow so smoking in a couple days.post #45 of 4711/30/13 at 8:35amThread Starterpost #46 of 4712/2/13 at 6:39pmThread Starter
The buck board bacon is done and man is it tasty also! I ended up going 21 days in the brine and overnight in the fridge, just worked out that way with the holiday. I smoked it for a total of 13 hours. I used pecan in my AMNPS lit both ends and got right at 9+ hours out of it, then filled 1 row and went the remaining 4. I put it in the brine it whole with only the bone removed then butterflied it after before smoking.
The Payoff!post #47 of 4712/2/13 at 6:43pm
Looks good, and just barely enough fat to cook itself! I see that and think of fresh tomato and lettuce. Mmmmmm........
- My first Bacon. All three types BBB, CB and Belly (pic heavy)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Butterflying A Pork Butt For Buckboard Bacon
- › Australian Brisket - with Q-View! 6 minutes ago
- › The WiFi Anova Drummie cook 10 minutes ago
- › Fassets Fatty cannon patties! 12 minutes ago
- › Rotisserie Lamb Leg 16 minutes ago
- › Once again Seriously this time. 20 minutes ago
- › Sous Vide Experiment 27 minutes ago
- › Help me understand 27 minutes ago
- › Some slight redemption 27 minutes ago
- › My first RF build. 80 gallon air tank. 32 minutes ago
- › Sausage Goodness 33 minutes ago
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot