I plan to use Pop's brine recipe for my next batch of bacon. I'd also like to try some CB and I'm wondering if I can put the pork loin in the the belly or is that a no-no? Or should I just use two different containers?
- topicBriningtagged by Woodcutter, 10/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- GOBBLE GOBBLE THROWDOWN!!!! Last post on 1/28/16 at 1:52pm in SMF Throwdowns
- Brining a full packer brisket tonight, need some help. Last post on 2/7/14 at 8:12pm in Curing
- Corned Beef Brine Last post on 3/12/14 at 7:46am in Beef
- Three Day Brine? Last post on 11/2/13 at 11:51am in Poultry
- Ham From Pork Butt with Pop's Brine Again Last post on 10/15/13 at 6:56am in Pork
Here Piggy Piggy Brine
Last edited: 6/11/12
- Wiki Article TutorialLast edited: 5/24/10
Got this for convenience and the ease of smoking at tailgates or events without pulling the stick burner. Smoked several meals on it now. While I was assembling the smoker, i saw the wood chip tray...
If you ever wanted to make sausage and jerky this is the book that will get you started. Easy step-by-step instructions show you how to bone out a deer for sausage and jerky. Also includes both...
I know it's bad form to be underwhelmed by this book, but am I the only one who actually read it? There are duplicated parts, there is no discernible order to it, and it is mostly aimed at people...
I received this smoker as a gift - it's the 30" model. I read in the forums here about some mods to improve functionality and I did them: installed a base and casters, added some insulation around...
I received the 38' Smoky Hollow with the glass door at Christmas, and have done about 5 smokes so far. The unit is roomy enough to do a 12+ lb. brisket and much more. After two smokes, I ordered a...
- Wiki Article Tutorial
Combining different pork cuts in one brine?
post #1 of 7
10/28/13 at 6:27pm
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
post #2 of 7
10/28/13 at 7:04pm
post #3 of 7
10/28/13 at 7:11pm
Hey if the pork fits, cure it!
I just put a loin and a rack of BB ribs in my brine cure.
And empty cure bucket is a terrible thing to waste.
post #4 of 7
10/28/13 at 11:49pm
post #5 of 7
10/29/13 at 6:56am
post #6 of 7
10/29/13 at 7:21am
- Combining different pork cuts in one brine?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Currently, there are 673 Active Users (46 Members and 627 Guests)
- › Beef Menudo With My Sous Chef !! (Thank You Richie !) 1 minute ago
- › 20 lbs of Leg Quarters 3 minutes ago
- › !st trek into Summer Sausage! 7 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt uneven cooking 8 minutes ago
- › Beef bacon? 11 minutes ago
- › Final Smoked Salmon with recipe, instructions, and Qview 13 minutes ago
- › Stainless steel tooth picks 17 minutes ago
- › Hello from NC 19 minutes ago
- › Dry rub 23 minutes ago
- › Need help with buying new smoker 24 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Masterbuilt Two Door Propane Smoker by JASinIL2006
- › Outdoor Leisure Products Smoke Hollow 38202G by csparrazza
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by mikeg1218
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by fivebadgers
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine