I plan to use Pop's brine recipe for my next batch of bacon. I'd also like to try some CB and I'm wondering if I can put the pork loin in the the belly or is that a no-no? Or should I just use two different containers?
- topicBriningtagged by Woodcutter, 10/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- GOBBLE GOBBLE THROWDOWN!!!! Last post on 1/28/16 at 1:52pm in SMF Throwdowns
- Brining a full packer brisket tonight, need some help. Last post on 2/7/14 at 8:12pm in Curing
- Corned Beef Brine Last post on 3/12/14 at 7:46am in Beef
- Three Day Brine? Last post on 11/2/13 at 11:51am in Poultry
- Ham From Pork Butt with Pop's Brine Again Last post on 10/15/13 at 6:56am in Pork
Here Piggy Piggy Brine
Last edited: 6/11/12
- Wiki Article TutorialLast edited: 5/24/10
I have A 5x8 Smoke Box, And A Twelve inch Smoke Tube. Stop By A-maze-n Store Today To Pick Up Thermometer. And Todd Took Care Of Me, He is Excellent to work with, even sent me home with some free...
I bought this unit because I was tired of the cheap thermometers at the store. Little did I realize what an improvement this was going to be. The oven probe showed that my smoker was 23 degrees...
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
- Wiki Article Tutorial
Combining different pork cuts in one brine?
post #1 of 7
10/28/13 at 6:27pm
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
post #2 of 7
10/28/13 at 7:04pm
post #3 of 7
10/28/13 at 7:11pm
Hey if the pork fits, cure it!
I just put a loin and a rack of BB ribs in my brine cure.
And empty cure bucket is a terrible thing to waste.
post #4 of 7
10/28/13 at 11:49pm
post #5 of 7
10/29/13 at 6:56am
post #6 of 7
10/29/13 at 7:21am
- Combining different pork cuts in one brine?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Currently, there are 416 Active Users (8 Members and 408 Guests)
- › Smoked bass and bluegill 3 minutes ago
- › Research Study Links Barbecued & Smoked Meat To Death From Breast... 4 minutes ago
- › Smoking Cook Book 49 minutes ago
- › Which temp controller for WSM 18.5 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Sorry But You Have Really Messed Up This Forum !! 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Andouille Sausage 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › SV Venison Steaks With A CI finish !! 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Pulled pork enchiladas with tomatillo sauce 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › Red's Easy Hot Wings...with Qview! 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Fassetts breakfast sausage COLD SMOKED 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot