I plan to use Pop's brine recipe for my next batch of bacon. I'd also like to try some CB and I'm wondering if I can put the pork loin in the the belly or is that a no-no? Or should I just use two different containers?
- topicBriningtagged by Woodcutter, 10/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- GOBBLE GOBBLE THROWDOWN!!!! Last post on 1/28/16 at 1:52pm in SMF Throwdowns
- Brining a full packer brisket tonight, need some help. Last post on 2/7/14 at 8:12pm in Curing
- Corned Beef Brine Last post on 3/12/14 at 7:46am in Beef
- Three Day Brine? Last post on 11/2/13 at 11:51am in Poultry
- Ham From Pork Butt with Pop's Brine Again Last post on 10/15/13 at 6:56am in Pork
Here Piggy Piggy Brine
Last edited: 6/11/12
- Wiki Article TutorialLast edited: 5/24/10
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
- Wiki Article Tutorial
Combining different pork cuts in one brine?
post #1 of 7
10/28/13 at 6:27pm
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
post #2 of 7
10/28/13 at 7:04pm
post #3 of 7
10/28/13 at 7:11pm
Hey if the pork fits, cure it!
I just put a loin and a rack of BB ribs in my brine cure.
And empty cure bucket is a terrible thing to waste.
post #4 of 7
10/28/13 at 11:49pm
post #5 of 7
10/29/13 at 6:56am
post #6 of 7
10/29/13 at 7:21am
- Combining different pork cuts in one brine?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Currently, there are 479 Active Users (4 Members and 475 Guests)
- › Canada Goose Smoke Sausage 20 minutes ago
- › IT'S TIIIIIIMMME!!!!!!! FINALLY BUILDING MY REVERSE FLOW!! 32 minutes ago
- › Wife's away 39 minutes ago
- › Quick Simple Pork loin 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › New Guy From Arizona 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Lamb pulled forequarter 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Kingsford Briquettes vs. Royal Oak Ridge Briquettes: Burn... 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Easy Smoked Salmon 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Savory Stuffed Pork Loin 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › 3-2-1 St. Louis ribs 2 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer