i have 2 18 lb shoulders im going to smoke in a 30in masterbuilt elec. smoker tomorrow. when i smoke just one of these it takes me approx 16 hrs to reach an internal temperature of the meat, 200 degrees, which i find pulls apart great. im just wandering how much more time i will have to smoke since im doing 2 this time. will check in the morning for any feedback. appreciate all the help. tyvm
Related Forum Threads
- Pork Butt in MES Last post on 1/24/10 at 1:38am in Pork
- Smoking in MES overnight?? Last post on 4/18/09 at 10:41pm in Electric Smokers
- Summer sausage and SALAMI Last post on 10/12/14 at 9:28am in Sausage
- Water leaking from the back left side of MES 30" Last post on 2/17/16 at 2:46pm in Electric Smokers
- 30" MES Stainless - Black Friday SALE! Last post on 1/12/14 at 4:10pm in Electric Smokers
Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
If you want a serious thermometer, this is for you. It comes with 2 meat probes & one air probe, also included is a USB charger. It also has an auxiliary plug that I don't know what it is for, but...
Got this for convenience and the ease of smoking at tailgates or events without pulling the stick burner. Smoked several meals on it now. While I was assembling the smoker, i saw the wood chip tray...
If you ever wanted to make sausage and jerky this is the book that will get you started. Easy step-by-step instructions show you how to bone out a deer for sausage and jerky. Also includes both...
I know it's bad form to be underwhelmed by this book, but am I the only one who actually read it? There are duplicated parts, there is no discernible order to it, and it is mostly aimed at people...
I received this smoker as a gift - it's the 30" model. I read in the forums here about some mods to improve functionality and I did them: installed a base and casters, added some insulation around...
shoulderspost #1 of 710/24/13 at 9:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/25/13 at 4:11ampost #3 of 710/25/13 at 5:04am
I agree with Piney. The time to cook won't be much different. However, someone asked a similar question the other day and a good point was brought out: the pit temp will probably dip and recover slower with two than with one. ...but once the pit recovers it's smooth sailing.post #4 of 710/25/13 at 5:40amThread Starterpost #5 of 710/25/13 at 11:43ampost #6 of 710/25/13 at 4:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bama BBQ
I agree with Piney. The time to cook won't be much different. However, someone asked a similar question the other day and a good point was brought out: the pit temp will probably dip and recover slower with two than with one. ...but once the pit recovers it's smooth sailing.
When using my GOSM that is what I experience when the meat first goes in it takes a little more time to recover temp but then things to be like when I just do one. So it's not the exact same as doing one piece of meat but it doesn't really add that much time considering the length of the smoke. In the Lang I don't notice any change at all in times but there is a lot more smoker mass to even out the tempspost #7 of 710/26/13 at 2:07pm
You can expect to and plan on doing what Ollie suggested . Your MES will have significantly different temperatures within the box. At least mine does. Please let us know how your MES does and the true cooking time with that much meat in it. jted
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
- › first try at pulled pork 2 minutes ago
- › Aluminum drip pans that fit MES 30 ??? 11 minutes ago
- › Habanero bacon 15 minutes ago
- › Pork loin ideas 19 minutes ago
- › CANADIAN BACON TIME IN EAST TEXAS 21 minutes ago
- › Jambalaya Fatty 23 minutes ago
- › No foil ribs.... 23 minutes ago
- › First run on new rig 40 minutes ago
- › Brand New to Smoking 43 minutes ago
- › New Brick Smoker build starts tomorrow 43 minutes ago
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Masterbuilt Two Door Propane Smoker by JASinIL2006
- › Outdoor Leisure Products Smoke Hollow 38202G by csparrazza
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by mikeg1218
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by fivebadgers
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine