i have 2 18 lb shoulders im going to smoke in a 30in masterbuilt elec. smoker tomorrow. when i smoke just one of these it takes me approx 16 hrs to reach an internal temperature of the meat, 200 degrees, which i find pulls apart great. im just wandering how much more time i will have to smoke since im doing 2 this time. will check in the morning for any feedback. appreciate all the help. tyvm
Related Forum Threads
- Pork Butt in MES Last post on 1/24/10 at 1:38am in Pork
- Smoking in MES overnight?? Last post on 4/18/09 at 10:41pm in Electric Smokers
- Summer sausage and SALAMI Last post on 10/12/14 at 9:28am in Sausage
- Water leaking from the back left side of MES 30" Last post on 2/17/16 at 2:46pm in Electric Smokers
- 30" MES Stainless - Black Friday SALE! Last post on 1/12/14 at 4:10pm in Electric Smokers
Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
You won't find these at Wal-Mart!!!
I purchased one of the very early Traeger Lil' Tex models about 20 years ago. It was the first pellet grill I had ever seen and I fell in love instantly. Over time I added a digital thermometer to...
This product will not work in a propane smoker and it is a known defect by Amazen. The gas fire fights with the smoker for the air supply and the smoker usually looses an will not burn. They...
My stock temp gauge after 3 uses was about 50 degrees off. So I ordered this one cause I have seen this one in many videos and pictures. and the rating was good. Had to make the hole bigger to...
I purchased this grill on 5-05-2017-----so I purchased this grill (Tailgater in Blue) from my local ACE hardware and the temps are all over the place, so far I have e-mailed back and forth (3...
shoulderspost #1 of 710/24/13 at 9:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/25/13 at 4:11ampost #3 of 710/25/13 at 5:04am
I agree with Piney. The time to cook won't be much different. However, someone asked a similar question the other day and a good point was brought out: the pit temp will probably dip and recover slower with two than with one. ...but once the pit recovers it's smooth sailing.post #4 of 710/25/13 at 5:40amThread Starterpost #5 of 710/25/13 at 11:43ampost #6 of 710/25/13 at 4:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bama BBQ
I agree with Piney. The time to cook won't be much different. However, someone asked a similar question the other day and a good point was brought out: the pit temp will probably dip and recover slower with two than with one. ...but once the pit recovers it's smooth sailing.
When using my GOSM that is what I experience when the meat first goes in it takes a little more time to recover temp but then things to be like when I just do one. So it's not the exact same as doing one piece of meat but it doesn't really add that much time considering the length of the smoke. In the Lang I don't notice any change at all in times but there is a lot more smoker mass to even out the tempspost #7 of 710/26/13 at 2:07pm
You can expect to and plan on doing what Ollie suggested . Your MES will have significantly different temperatures within the box. At least mine does. Please let us know how your MES does and the true cooking time with that much meat in it. jted
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
- › instulated smoker or thicker metal smoker 1 minute ago
- › Where to start... 23 minutes ago
- › Freezing Uncooked Pork Shoulder Butt 34 minutes ago
- › Chipolte WIldfire in the MES Custom SS (first stick run) 37 minutes ago
- › Cervelat SS 39 minutes ago
- › Thank you! First Smoke 46 minutes ago
- › Graduation Party 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › New Element...not heating any at all now?!? 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Anyone try this recipe? 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › ANNETTE 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Old Country Brasos by ammaturesmoker
- › Traeger Lil' Tex Elite Pellet Grill by Gjd53
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by Smokedevil
- › 3 Inch Large Smoker Thermometer by Tragusa113
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by bigdumbjarhead
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by 603Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by daRicksta
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by BC taster
- › Brinkmann Pro Series 4400 by LilyArscott
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by Jarch
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS