i have 2 18 lb shoulders im going to smoke in a 30in masterbuilt elec. smoker tomorrow. when i smoke just one of these it takes me approx 16 hrs to reach an internal temperature of the meat, 200 degrees, which i find pulls apart great. im just wandering how much more time i will have to smoke since im doing 2 this time. will check in the morning for any feedback. appreciate all the help. tyvm
Related Forum Threads
- Pork Butt in MES Last post on 1/24/10 at 1:38am in Pork
- Smoking in MES overnight?? Last post on 4/18/09 at 10:41pm in Electric Smokers
- Summer sausage and SALAMI Last post on 10/12/14 at 9:28am in Sausage
- Water leaking from the back left side of MES 30" Last post on 2/17/16 at 2:46pm in Electric Smokers
- 30" MES Stainless - Black Friday SALE! Last post on 1/12/14 at 4:10pm in Electric Smokers
Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
I have A 5x8 Smoke Box, And A Twelve inch Smoke Tube. Stop By A-maze-n Store Today To Pick Up Thermometer. And Todd Took Care Of Me, He is Excellent to work with, even sent me home with some free...
I bought this unit because I was tired of the cheap thermometers at the store. Little did I realize what an improvement this was going to be. The oven probe showed that my smoker was 23 degrees...
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
shoulderspost #1 of 710/24/13 at 9:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/25/13 at 4:11ampost #3 of 710/25/13 at 5:04am
I agree with Piney. The time to cook won't be much different. However, someone asked a similar question the other day and a good point was brought out: the pit temp will probably dip and recover slower with two than with one. ...but once the pit recovers it's smooth sailing.post #4 of 710/25/13 at 5:40amThread Starterpost #5 of 710/25/13 at 11:43ampost #6 of 710/25/13 at 4:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bama BBQ
I agree with Piney. The time to cook won't be much different. However, someone asked a similar question the other day and a good point was brought out: the pit temp will probably dip and recover slower with two than with one. ...but once the pit recovers it's smooth sailing.
When using my GOSM that is what I experience when the meat first goes in it takes a little more time to recover temp but then things to be like when I just do one. So it's not the exact same as doing one piece of meat but it doesn't really add that much time considering the length of the smoke. In the Lang I don't notice any change at all in times but there is a lot more smoker mass to even out the tempspost #7 of 710/26/13 at 2:07pm
You can expect to and plan on doing what Ollie suggested . Your MES will have significantly different temperatures within the box. At least mine does. Please let us know how your MES does and the true cooking time with that much meat in it. jted
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
- › Another smoked hock terrine 1 minute ago
- › Cold smoked my first bacon 2 minutes ago
- › Bierschinken, mortadella, mettwurst, and more 7 minutes ago
- › New to smoking 9 minutes ago
- › beyond ones control "sausage fails" 10 minutes ago
- › Smoked Gobbler Got Gobbled 17 minutes ago
- › Smoked bass and bluegill 18 minutes ago
- › Doing a brisket for the first time today! 28 minutes ago
- › Wooden Smoker Build 32 minutes ago
- › SV Venison Steaks With A CI finish !! 38 minutes ago
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot