i have 2 18 lb shoulders im going to smoke in a 30in masterbuilt elec. smoker tomorrow. when i smoke just one of these it takes me approx 16 hrs to reach an internal temperature of the meat, 200 degrees, which i find pulls apart great. im just wandering how much more time i will have to smoke since im doing 2 this time. will check in the morning for any feedback. appreciate all the help. tyvm
Related Forum Threads
- Pork Butt in MES Last post on 1/24/10 at 1:38am in Pork
- Smoking in MES overnight?? Last post on 4/18/09 at 10:41pm in Electric Smokers
- Summer sausage and SALAMI Last post on 10/12/14 at 9:28am in Sausage
- Water leaking from the back left side of MES 30" Last post on 2/17/16 at 2:46pm in Electric Smokers
- 30" MES Stainless - Black Friday SALE! Last post on 1/12/14 at 4:10pm in Electric Smokers
Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
shoulderspost #1 of 710/24/13 at 9:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/25/13 at 4:11ampost #3 of 710/25/13 at 5:04am
I agree with Piney. The time to cook won't be much different. However, someone asked a similar question the other day and a good point was brought out: the pit temp will probably dip and recover slower with two than with one. ...but once the pit recovers it's smooth sailing.post #4 of 710/25/13 at 5:40amThread Starterpost #5 of 710/25/13 at 11:43ampost #6 of 710/25/13 at 4:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bama BBQ
I agree with Piney. The time to cook won't be much different. However, someone asked a similar question the other day and a good point was brought out: the pit temp will probably dip and recover slower with two than with one. ...but once the pit recovers it's smooth sailing.
When using my GOSM that is what I experience when the meat first goes in it takes a little more time to recover temp but then things to be like when I just do one. So it's not the exact same as doing one piece of meat but it doesn't really add that much time considering the length of the smoke. In the Lang I don't notice any change at all in times but there is a lot more smoker mass to even out the tempspost #7 of 710/26/13 at 2:07pm
You can expect to and plan on doing what Ollie suggested . Your MES will have significantly different temperatures within the box. At least mine does. Please let us know how your MES does and the true cooking time with that much meat in it. jted
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
- › Taylor Pork Roll, Is it just me? 4 minutes ago
- › Canada Goose Smoke Sausage 12 minutes ago
- › Smoked Clams on the half shell,Smoked Scallops reverse seared Pic... 18 minutes ago
- › Under the sea - seafood tower 18 minutes ago
- › The new guy ! 29 minutes ago
- › thermometer placement 32 minutes ago
- › Fassett's Breakfast Sausage Seasoning 33 minutes ago
- › New guy from Saskatchewan (Canada) 35 minutes ago
- › Canjun Bandit Rotisserie/22 WSM 40 minutes ago
- › New SS Mix 41 minutes ago
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer