i have 2 18 lb shoulders im going to smoke in a 30in masterbuilt elec. smoker tomorrow. when i smoke just one of these it takes me approx 16 hrs to reach an internal temperature of the meat, 200 degrees, which i find pulls apart great. im just wandering how much more time i will have to smoke since im doing 2 this time. will check in the morning for any feedback. appreciate all the help. tyvm
Related Forum Threads
- Pork Butt in MES Last post on 1/24/10 at 1:38am in Pork
- Smoking in MES overnight?? Last post on 4/18/09 at 10:41pm in Electric Smokers
- Summer sausage and SALAMI Last post on 10/12/14 at 9:28am in Sausage
- Water leaking from the back left side of MES 30" Last post on 2/17/16 at 2:46pm in Electric Smokers
- 30" MES Stainless - Black Friday SALE! Last post on 1/12/14 at 4:10pm in Electric Smokers
Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
I bought the Weber 26.75" grill mainly for the larger grilling area. I have owned Weber's 22.5" grills for over 50 years now, I'm on my 3rd one now, but now needed more grilling area, and the...
Forgive me if I write a lot of drivel, bu this is my first review of a product on this forum: I had gotten a 12" A-maze-n tube and used it to smoke cheese last year (on my old grill), and...
I purchased this smoker to again give smoking a try. I had been a avid meat/fish smoker years ago long before all of the temperature controlled available smokers & temperature monitoring equipment...
I called Lisa from www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com, A nicer more helpful person you wont find. She walked me through the options and helped me select the VP215. This thing is the bomb! I grabbed a...
Bought this at KMart on a special sale and we've had this grill for about five years now and it has held up pretty well except the underside of the grill. The grease pan/tray that leads to the...
shoulderspost #1 of 710/24/13 at 9:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/25/13 at 4:11ampost #3 of 710/25/13 at 5:04am
I agree with Piney. The time to cook won't be much different. However, someone asked a similar question the other day and a good point was brought out: the pit temp will probably dip and recover slower with two than with one. ...but once the pit recovers it's smooth sailing.post #4 of 710/25/13 at 5:40amThread Starterpost #5 of 710/25/13 at 11:43ampost #6 of 710/25/13 at 4:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bama BBQ
I agree with Piney. The time to cook won't be much different. However, someone asked a similar question the other day and a good point was brought out: the pit temp will probably dip and recover slower with two than with one. ...but once the pit recovers it's smooth sailing.
When using my GOSM that is what I experience when the meat first goes in it takes a little more time to recover temp but then things to be like when I just do one. So it's not the exact same as doing one piece of meat but it doesn't really add that much time considering the length of the smoke. In the Lang I don't notice any change at all in times but there is a lot more smoker mass to even out the tempspost #7 of 710/26/13 at 2:07pm
You can expect to and plan on doing what Ollie suggested . Your MES will have significantly different temperatures within the box. At least mine does. Please let us know how your MES does and the true cooking time with that much meat in it. jted
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
- › Looking for the silver lining 14 minutes ago
- › making jerky on mes30 questions 3 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › 10 butts ready for the smoker! 4 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Venison summer sausage 4 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Smokehouse Project 4 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Dry cure ham Pink salt cure #1 4 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Formed bacon 4 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › smoking a bone in and boneless ham 5 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › MES 40 Problems 5 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Cold weather smoking 5 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Meco 5031 Charcoal Combo Water Smoker by W2HR
- › VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer by TripleQ
- › Kenmore 4 burner split lid with sear station and side burner gas grill by Cornman
- › Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill by erikself
- › Bradley Digital 4- Rack Smoker by hoekma
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by WickedPigeon
- › Char-Griller 9040 by Chicken Man 911
- › Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Front... by Wilkesctywildma