ya gotta cut brisket across the grain cause if ya cut along the grain ya get meat strings. I didn't see it written in the thread but I betcha ya used mesquite for ya wood. Reason I say this is, ya say the left overs were lots better. Mesquite smoke improves drastically with age and can be pretty strong and unplesent right offn da pit.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Brinkmann Grill King Deluxe Last post on 9/14/08 at 12:25pm in Roll Call
- Brinkmann 40" Smoke 'n' Pit Last post on 7/9/08 at 10:31am in Charcoal Smokers
- Chips or Chunks? Last post on 12/28/06 at 2:41pm in Electric Smokers
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
You won't find these at Wal-Mart!!!
I purchased one of the very early Traeger Lil' Tex models about 20 years ago. It was the first pellet grill I had ever seen and I fell in love instantly. Over time I added a digital thermometer to...
This product will not work in a propane smoker and it is a known defect by Amazen. The gas fire fights with the smoker for the air supply and the smoker usually looses an will not burn. They...
My stock temp gauge after 3 uses was about 50 degrees off. So I ordered this one cause I have seen this one in many videos and pictures. and the rating was good. Had to make the hole bigger to...
I purchased this grill on 5-05-2017-----so I purchased this grill (Tailgater in Blue) from my local ACE hardware and the temps are all over the place, so far I have e-mailed back and forth (3...
First time smoker.... Smoking a Beef Brisket ....w/qview - Page 3post #41 of 4310/26/13 at 4:44pmpost #42 of 4310/26/13 at 5:18pmQuote:
Wait,,,, Oh you mean the chimmey.post #43 of 4310/30/13 at 12:23pm
Pork butt and chicken are good starters also pay attention to your wood you can definitely over smoke Try to use seasoned wood and you have to be carful with Mesquite a little goes a long way can leave a bitter or after taste.
- First time smoker.... Smoking a Beef Brisket ....w/qview
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › First big cook (help) 1 minute ago
- › A Grilla in da HOUSE!! 1 minute ago
- › Solo Stuffing Time 2 minutes ago
- › good and bad Q 4 minutes ago
- › New Member 6 minutes ago
- › Newbie Smoker from OK 7 minutes ago
- › My CG-15 Vacuum Sealer Died 8 minutes ago
- › What to do with sheep casings 10 minutes ago
- › chery wood for smoking 13 minutes ago
- › My new MES 40 showed up today 14 minutes ago
- › Old Country Brasos by ammaturesmoker
- › Traeger Lil' Tex Elite Pellet Grill by Gjd53
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by Smokedevil
- › 3 Inch Large Smoker Thermometer by Tragusa113
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by bigdumbjarhead
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by 603Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by daRicksta
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by BC taster
- › Brinkmann Pro Series 4400 by LilyArscott
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by Jarch
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS