ya gotta cut brisket across the grain cause if ya cut along the grain ya get meat strings. I didn't see it written in the thread but I betcha ya used mesquite for ya wood. Reason I say this is, ya say the left overs were lots better. Mesquite smoke improves drastically with age and can be pretty strong and unplesent right offn da pit.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Brinkmann Grill King Deluxe Last post on 9/14/08 at 12:25pm in Roll Call
- Brinkmann 40" Smoke 'n' Pit Last post on 7/9/08 at 10:31am in Charcoal Smokers
- Chips or Chunks? Last post on 12/28/06 at 2:41pm in Electric Smokers
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I bought the Weber 26.75" grill mainly for the larger grilling area. I have owned Weber's 22.5" grills for over 50 years now, I'm on my 3rd one now, but now needed more grilling area, and the...
Forgive me if I write a lot of drivel, bu this is my first review of a product on this forum: I had gotten a 12" A-maze-n tube and used it to smoke cheese last year (on my old grill), and...
I purchased this smoker to again give smoking a try. I had been a avid meat/fish smoker years ago long before all of the temperature controlled available smokers & temperature monitoring equipment...
I called Lisa from www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com, A nicer more helpful person you wont find. She walked me through the options and helped me select the VP215. This thing is the bomb! I grabbed a...
Bought this at KMart on a special sale and we've had this grill for about five years now and it has held up pretty well except the underside of the grill. The grease pan/tray that leads to the...
First time smoker.... Smoking a Beef Brisket ....w/qview - Page 3post #41 of 4310/26/13 at 4:44pmpost #42 of 4310/26/13 at 5:18pmQuote:
Wait,,,, Oh you mean the chimmey.post #43 of 4310/30/13 at 12:23pm
Pork butt and chicken are good starters also pay attention to your wood you can definitely over smoke Try to use seasoned wood and you have to be carful with Mesquite a little goes a long way can leave a bitter or after taste.
- First time smoker.... Smoking a Beef Brisket ....w/qview
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Smoking and Curing in Devon, UK 10 minutes ago
- › Brisket prep flat/point for Burnt Ends and slicing 28 minutes ago
- › New guy from Pittsburgh PA 28 minutes ago
- › UMAi Elk Salami 29 minutes ago
- › Howdy from UT 32 minutes ago
- › New to this 35 minutes ago
- › Hello all 36 minutes ago
- › where can I buy smoking wood in Miami 40 minutes ago
- › Hello All! 48 minutes ago
- › newbee thx 4 your help in advance 49 minutes ago
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Meco 5031 Charcoal Combo Water Smoker by W2HR
- › VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer by TripleQ
- › Kenmore 4 burner split lid with sear station and side burner gas grill by Cornman
- › Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill by erikself
- › Bradley Digital 4- Rack Smoker by hoekma
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by WickedPigeon
- › Char-Griller 9040 by Chicken Man 911
- › Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Front... by Wilkesctywildma