ya gotta cut brisket across the grain cause if ya cut along the grain ya get meat strings. I didn't see it written in the thread but I betcha ya used mesquite for ya wood. Reason I say this is, ya say the left overs were lots better. Mesquite smoke improves drastically with age and can be pretty strong and unplesent right offn da pit.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Brinkmann Grill King Deluxe Last post on 9/14/08 at 12:25pm in Roll Call
- Brinkmann 40" Smoke 'n' Pit Last post on 7/9/08 at 10:31am in Charcoal Smokers
- Chips or Chunks? Last post on 12/28/06 at 2:41pm in Electric Smokers
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
Got this for convenience and the ease of smoking at tailgates or events without pulling the stick burner. Smoked several meals on it now. While I was assembling the smoker, i saw the wood chip tray...
If you ever wanted to make sausage and jerky this is the book that will get you started. Easy step-by-step instructions show you how to bone out a deer for sausage and jerky. Also includes both...
I know it's bad form to be underwhelmed by this book, but am I the only one who actually read it? There are duplicated parts, there is no discernible order to it, and it is mostly aimed at people...
I received this smoker as a gift - it's the 30" model. I read in the forums here about some mods to improve functionality and I did them: installed a base and casters, added some insulation around...
I received the 38' Smoky Hollow with the glass door at Christmas, and have done about 5 smokes so far. The unit is roomy enough to do a 12+ lb. brisket and much more. After two smokes, I ordered a...
First time smoker.... Smoking a Beef Brisket ....w/qview - Page 3post #41 of 4310/26/13 at 4:44pmpost #42 of 4310/26/13 at 5:18pmQuote:
Wait,,,, Oh you mean the chimmey.post #43 of 4310/30/13 at 12:23pm
Pork butt and chicken are good starters also pay attention to your wood you can definitely over smoke Try to use seasoned wood and you have to be carful with Mesquite a little goes a long way can leave a bitter or after taste.
- First time smoker.... Smoking a Beef Brisket ....w/qview
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Beef Menudo With My Sous Chef !! (Thank You Richie !) 1 minute ago
- › 20 lbs of Leg Quarters 3 minutes ago
- › !st trek into Summer Sausage! 7 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt uneven cooking 8 minutes ago
- › Beef bacon? 11 minutes ago
- › Final Smoked Salmon with recipe, instructions, and Qview 13 minutes ago
- › Stainless steel tooth picks 17 minutes ago
- › Hello from NC 19 minutes ago
- › Dry rub 23 minutes ago
- › Need help with buying new smoker 24 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Masterbuilt Two Door Propane Smoker by JASinIL2006
- › Outdoor Leisure Products Smoke Hollow 38202G by csparrazza
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by mikeg1218
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by fivebadgers
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine