ya gotta cut brisket across the grain cause if ya cut along the grain ya get meat strings. I didn't see it written in the thread but I betcha ya used mesquite for ya wood. Reason I say this is, ya say the left overs were lots better. Mesquite smoke improves drastically with age and can be pretty strong and unplesent right offn da pit.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Brinkmann Grill King Deluxe Last post on 9/14/08 at 12:25pm in Roll Call
- Brinkmann 40" Smoke 'n' Pit Last post on 7/9/08 at 10:31am in Charcoal Smokers
- Chips or Chunks? Last post on 12/28/06 at 2:41pm in Electric Smokers
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
First time smoker.... Smoking a Beef Brisket ....w/qview - Page 3post #41 of 4310/26/13 at 4:44pmpost #42 of 4310/26/13 at 5:18pmQuote:
Wait,,,, Oh you mean the chimmey.post #43 of 4310/30/13 at 12:23pm
Pork butt and chicken are good starters also pay attention to your wood you can definitely over smoke Try to use seasoned wood and you have to be carful with Mesquite a little goes a long way can leave a bitter or after taste.
- First time smoker.... Smoking a Beef Brisket ....w/qview
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › She's home!! 3 minutes ago
- › BDSkelly ~ NY Strips. First Burn on the Lodge Sportsman Grill /... 5 minutes ago
- › Smoked meatloaf? 7 minutes ago
- › ELK Medallions w/pics =) 10 minutes ago
- › CSR's On The Kettle !! 15 minutes ago
- › Chucky Burnt Ends (with Mopar Powered “Hemi” Sauce) 19 minutes ago
- › Yeti Resting 50 minutes ago
- › A Little Butt Ham 58 minutes ago
- › Pretty pumped 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Bear summer sausage 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona