ya gotta cut brisket across the grain cause if ya cut along the grain ya get meat strings. I didn't see it written in the thread but I betcha ya used mesquite for ya wood. Reason I say this is, ya say the left overs were lots better. Mesquite smoke improves drastically with age and can be pretty strong and unplesent right offn da pit.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Brinkmann Grill King Deluxe Last post on 9/14/08 at 12:25pm in Roll Call
- Brinkmann 40" Smoke 'n' Pit Last post on 7/9/08 at 10:31am in Charcoal Smokers
- Chips or Chunks? Last post on 12/28/06 at 2:41pm in Electric Smokers
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
First time smoker.... Smoking a Beef Brisket ....w/qview - Page 3post #41 of 4310/26/13 at 4:44pmpost #42 of 4310/26/13 at 5:18pmQuote:
Wait,,,, Oh you mean the chimmey.post #43 of 4310/30/13 at 12:23pm
Pork butt and chicken are good starters also pay attention to your wood you can definitely over smoke Try to use seasoned wood and you have to be carful with Mesquite a little goes a long way can leave a bitter or after taste.
- First time smoker.... Smoking a Beef Brisket ....w/qview
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › 5-step ♨️ 💨 Smoked Chicken Wings! 😋 18 minutes ago
- › converting to electric 18 minutes ago
- › 1st Smoked chicken 32 minutes ago
- › Is a 2nd generation used MES 40" worth $100? 36 minutes ago
- › July 2017 Red White and Blue throwdown Voting thread! 54 minutes ago
- › Not a very smoke flavor 1 hour ago
- › Available pellets in Metro Deroit? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Clean smoker grates by heating them on grill? 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Pastrami, ala dirstsailor 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › Got a new (to me) tank! 2 hours ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ