or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › General Discussion › Cooking times VS tenderness
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cooking times VS tenderness - Page 2

post #21 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by PigglyWiggly View Post
 

Down with the ninja meat boiling terrorists!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama BBQ View Post


Blaspheme! If you par boil meat the terrorists win. LOL

Just testin' the the humour of this site:points:Boilin meat boils out flavor, but I do admit to thinkin about tryin it once in my newbie smokin days. After "smokin" two dozen large pieces of jerky, I found out my smoker's thermometer was readin 100 degrees low (Great Outdoor's gasser). I can't see why anyone would manufacture a good smoker with a worthless thermo system. My Jenn-air kitchen stove reads 20 to 75 degrees off ! When I first got my Maverick 732 my WSM lid was readin way off. But now, mysteriously, it seems to settle down and read very close to the Maverick. I can now smoke tender meat in just about any container, knowin what the air temp is. I'm gettin a lot of good tips from this site, good job guys

post #22 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikenstein View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PigglyWiggly View Post
 

Down with the ninja meat boiling terrorists!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama BBQ View Post


Blaspheme! If you par boil meat the terrorists win. LOL

Just testin' the the humour of this site:points:Boilin meat boils out flavor, but I do admit to thinkin about tryin it once in my newbie smokin days. After "smokin" two dozen large pieces of jerky, I found out my smoker's thermometer was readin 100 degrees low (Great Outdoor's gasser). I can't see why anyone would manufacture a good smoker with a worthless thermo system. My Jenn-air kitchen stove reads 20 to 75 degrees off ! When I first got my Maverick 732 my WSM lid was readin way off. But now, mysteriously, it seems to settle down and read very close to the Maverick. I can now smoke tender meat in just about any container, knowin what the air temp is. I'm gettin a lot of good tips from this site, good job guys

 

Bickenstein, morning......  It is not a good idea to test humor on the forum....  Some folks don't understand and may take your humor as "gospel"......   that could be a bad thing.....  

 

Dave

post #23 of 30

Bikenstein, not Bickenstein :hopmad:  Thanks for the warnin. Looks like I struck a nerve with Piggly Wiggly and Bama:rotflmao:

post #24 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikenstein View Post
 

Bikenstein, not Bickenstein :hopmad:  Thanks for the warnin. Looks like I struck a nerve with Piggly Wiggly and Bama:rotflmao:

As another rule around here, we don't call folks out for making spelling errors....   It the polite thing to do......  

You are striking a nerve with me also, but I'm not going to throw a tantrum....  

I think I will push the block button.....   

Have a very good evening......

 

Dave

post #25 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikenstein View Post

Bikenstein, not Bickenstein hopmad.gif   Thanks for the warnin. Looks like I struck a nerve with Piggly Wiggly and Bama:rotflmao:
LOL. Every little thing's gonna be alright. LOL. ;)
post #26 of 30

WHAT?:):):)

post #27 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOmak View Post
 

As another rule around here, we don't call folks out for making spelling errors....   It the polite thing to do......

You are striking a nerve with me also, but I'm not going to throw a tantrum....

I think I will push the block button.....  

Have a very good evening......

 

Dave

different smokes for different folks :)

post #28 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama BBQ View Post


LOL. Every little thing's gonna be alright. LOL. ;)

Bama BBQ, hope you realize I "aint got no problems with nobody" just funnin :) I don't really care whatcha call me either. I've been called Barkinstein, Brokenstein, Barfingstein, it just don't matter. :)

post #29 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikenstein View Post

Bama BBQ, hope you realize I "aint got no problems with nobody" just funnin :) I don't really care whatcha call me either. I've been called Barkinstein, Brokenstein, Barfingstein, it just don't matter. :)
Of course. I was havin fun, too. Some folks have a different point if view. It's all good.
post #30 of 30

Its kinda like Texting....it gets ALL Blown out of conTEXT......OK from now on we put LOL at da end.......lol......LUV YA GUYS and GALS....lol

 

Ron

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › General Discussion › Cooking times VS tenderness