- 145 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Points: 11
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryCuringtagged by Pops6927, 10/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- 1st cornned Beef Last post on 11/20/13 at 6:37pm in Smoke Houses
- Dry curing the old fashioned way without electricity?? Last post on 11/8/13 at 6:21am in Curing
- Corned Beef Brine Last post on 3/12/14 at 7:46am in Beef
- Curing Humidity Last post on 10/31/13 at 5:16am in Curing
- Rookie at dry curing...... Last post on 10/30/13 at 10:09am in Pork
Making Your Own Curing Salts
Last edited: 2/12/13
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And ProcessLast edited: 9/22/12
You won't find these at Wal-Mart!!!
I purchased one of the very early Traeger Lil' Tex models about 20 years ago. It was the first pellet grill I had ever seen and I fell in love instantly. Over time I added a digital thermometer to...
This product will not work in a propane smoker and it is a known defect by Amazen. The gas fire fights with the smoker for the air supply and the smoker usually looses an will not burn. They...
My stock temp gauge after 3 uses was about 50 degrees off. So I ordered this one cause I have seen this one in many videos and pictures. and the rating was good. Had to make the hole bigger to...
I purchased this grill on 5-05-2017-----so I purchased this grill (Tailgater in Blue) from my local ACE hardware and the temps are all over the place, so far I have e-mailed back and forth (3...
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
What to do with cured belly trimmings?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Certainly a great idea! Smoke the pieces up to 150° minimum so they are fully cooked and hand chop or in a blender (or the grinder if you have enough, but you lose what's in the throat as it gets mushed up) and mix in relish and a bit of mayo. Add to your taste (horseradish, spicy mustard, hot sauce, etc.) Technically, Cured and Smoked Pork Spread; or generically Ham Spread!
Handy dandy hand chopper, by Kwik Kut Mfg, Mohawk, NY:
I've used one of these for over 40 years, got it as a wedding present by someone who worked there over 41 years ago, still being made there too! Google Kwik Kut. Toothed or Straight edged choppers. They're cheap and effective!
I save my trimmings and put in 1 lb vac seal packs. use in beans of any type. Dice fine and mix w/ ground beef for meat loaf or burgers. Use it in greens or cabbage . Fry and crumble for salads etc etc etc.
- What to do with cured belly trimmings?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › cooking chicken time and heat chart-newbie question 6 minutes ago
- › Newbie from Lansing 12 minutes ago
- › Disrespect for gas smokers 33 minutes ago
- › A-Maze-N vs ProQ Cold Smoke Generators 37 minutes ago
- › Does Anyone Use Weber Lighter Cubes To Start Their AMNPS? 38 minutes ago
- › Open House for My Builder, Pulled Pork/Burgers/Dogs 40 minutes ago
- › UMAi Landjager 43 minutes ago
- › Chimney/Stack? 44 minutes ago
- › Prime Rib & Homemade Baked Beans 45 minutes ago
- › Boston Butt Pulled Pork (Step by Step) 52 minutes ago
- › Old Country Brasos by ammaturesmoker
- › Traeger Lil' Tex Elite Pellet Grill by Gjd53
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by Smokedevil
- › 3 Inch Large Smoker Thermometer by Tragusa113
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by bigdumbjarhead
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by 603Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by daRicksta
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by BC taster
- › Brinkmann Pro Series 4400 by LilyArscott
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by Jarch
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS