- 145 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Points: 11
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryCuringtagged by Pops6927, 10/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- 1st cornned Beef Last post on 11/20/13 at 6:37pm in Smoke Houses
- Dry curing the old fashioned way without electricity?? Last post on 11/8/13 at 6:21am in Curing
- Corned Beef Brine Last post on 3/12/14 at 7:46am in Beef
- Curing Humidity Last post on 10/31/13 at 5:16am in Curing
- Rookie at dry curing...... Last post on 10/30/13 at 10:09am in Pork
Making Your Own Curing Salts
Last edited: 2/12/13
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And ProcessLast edited: 9/22/12
Got this for convenience and the ease of smoking at tailgates or events without pulling the stick burner. Smoked several meals on it now. While I was assembling the smoker, i saw the wood chip tray...
If you ever wanted to make sausage and jerky this is the book that will get you started. Easy step-by-step instructions show you how to bone out a deer for sausage and jerky. Also includes both...
I know it's bad form to be underwhelmed by this book, but am I the only one who actually read it? There are duplicated parts, there is no discernible order to it, and it is mostly aimed at people...
I received this smoker as a gift - it's the 30" model. I read in the forums here about some mods to improve functionality and I did them: installed a base and casters, added some insulation around...
I received the 38' Smoky Hollow with the glass door at Christmas, and have done about 5 smokes so far. The unit is roomy enough to do a 12+ lb. brisket and much more. After two smokes, I ordered a...
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
What to do with cured belly trimmings?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Certainly a great idea! Smoke the pieces up to 150° minimum so they are fully cooked and hand chop or in a blender (or the grinder if you have enough, but you lose what's in the throat as it gets mushed up) and mix in relish and a bit of mayo. Add to your taste (horseradish, spicy mustard, hot sauce, etc.) Technically, Cured and Smoked Pork Spread; or generically Ham Spread!
Handy dandy hand chopper, by Kwik Kut Mfg, Mohawk, NY:
I've used one of these for over 40 years, got it as a wedding present by someone who worked there over 41 years ago, still being made there too! Google Kwik Kut. Toothed or Straight edged choppers. They're cheap and effective!
I save my trimmings and put in 1 lb vac seal packs. use in beans of any type. Dice fine and mix w/ ground beef for meat loaf or burgers. Use it in greens or cabbage . Fry and crumble for salads etc etc etc.
- What to do with cured belly trimmings?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › First Canadian bacon with pops brine 33 seconds ago
- › The Juiciest Chicken Quarters I've had 1 minute ago
- › Beef bacon? 2 minutes ago
- › Canadian Bacon 3 minutes ago
- › Mushroom and swiss meatballs and Moinks 6 minutes ago
- › Fajita Fatty 12 minutes ago
- › Dishwasher salmon 14 minutes ago
- › A beautiful tri tip 😁😁😁 15 minutes ago
- › Strips and Shrimp--smoky style! 15 minutes ago
- › Lobster Tail,Bacon wrapped Asparagus 17 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Masterbuilt Two Door Propane Smoker by JASinIL2006
- › Outdoor Leisure Products Smoke Hollow 38202G by csparrazza
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by mikeg1218
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by fivebadgers
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine