- 145 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Points: 11
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryCuringtagged by Pops6927, 10/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- 1st cornned Beef Last post on 11/20/13 at 6:37pm in Smoke Houses
- Dry curing the old fashioned way without electricity?? Last post on 11/8/13 at 6:21am in Curing
- Corned Beef Brine Last post on 3/12/14 at 7:46am in Beef
- Curing Humidity Last post on 10/31/13 at 5:16am in Curing
- Rookie at dry curing...... Last post on 10/30/13 at 10:09am in Pork
Making Your Own Curing Salts
Last edited: 2/12/13
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And ProcessLast edited: 9/22/12
I have A 5x8 Smoke Box, And A Twelve inch Smoke Tube. Stop By A-maze-n Store Today To Pick Up Thermometer. And Todd Took Care Of Me, He is Excellent to work with, even sent me home with some free...
I bought this unit because I was tired of the cheap thermometers at the store. Little did I realize what an improvement this was going to be. The oven probe showed that my smoker was 23 degrees...
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
What to do with cured belly trimmings?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Certainly a great idea! Smoke the pieces up to 150° minimum so they are fully cooked and hand chop or in a blender (or the grinder if you have enough, but you lose what's in the throat as it gets mushed up) and mix in relish and a bit of mayo. Add to your taste (horseradish, spicy mustard, hot sauce, etc.) Technically, Cured and Smoked Pork Spread; or generically Ham Spread!
Handy dandy hand chopper, by Kwik Kut Mfg, Mohawk, NY:
I've used one of these for over 40 years, got it as a wedding present by someone who worked there over 41 years ago, still being made there too! Google Kwik Kut. Toothed or Straight edged choppers. They're cheap and effective!
I save my trimmings and put in 1 lb vac seal packs. use in beans of any type. Dice fine and mix w/ ground beef for meat loaf or burgers. Use it in greens or cabbage . Fry and crumble for salads etc etc etc.
- What to do with cured belly trimmings?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Lobster stuffed portabella 2 minutes ago
- › How long to smoke Kentucky hams? 2 minutes ago
- › Help I ran out of propane 3 minutes ago
- › Ok, here we go... 3 minutes ago
- › First Tri-Tip 4 minutes ago
- › Eye of Round Thai Jerky 7 minutes ago
- › Beef "Baby Back" Rib smoke 7 minutes ago
- › Bierschinken, mortadella, mettwurst, and more 9 minutes ago
- › Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Brisket - with Q-View! 17 minutes ago
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot