- 145 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Points: 11
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryCuringtagged by Pops6927, 10/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- 1st cornned Beef Last post on 11/20/13 at 6:37pm in Smoke Houses
- Dry curing the old fashioned way without electricity?? Last post on 11/8/13 at 6:21am in Curing
- Corned Beef Brine Last post on 3/12/14 at 7:46am in Beef
- Curing Humidity Last post on 10/31/13 at 5:16am in Curing
- Rookie at dry curing...... Last post on 10/30/13 at 10:09am in Pork
Making Your Own Curing Salts
Last edited: 2/12/13
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And ProcessLast edited: 9/22/12
Bought this at Menards after returning a Traeger Texan to Costco. The Pitt Boss is a little smaller, has the broiler feature, has a upper cooking rack, has a shelf under the cook chamber is $400...
Unless you are cooking for 1 or 2, don't get this as your main grill/smoker. On the other hand, if you already have a larger grill/smoker that you use for big cooks and want something to use for...
I've had mine for more than 6 years and I really struggled through the first year with it getting too hot and burning up food. I was ready to give up and just use it as a charcoal grill. Then I...
I installed this and it worked flawlessly.
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
What to do with cured belly trimmings?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Certainly a great idea! Smoke the pieces up to 150° minimum so they are fully cooked and hand chop or in a blender (or the grinder if you have enough, but you lose what's in the throat as it gets mushed up) and mix in relish and a bit of mayo. Add to your taste (horseradish, spicy mustard, hot sauce, etc.) Technically, Cured and Smoked Pork Spread; or generically Ham Spread!
Handy dandy hand chopper, by Kwik Kut Mfg, Mohawk, NY:
I've used one of these for over 40 years, got it as a wedding present by someone who worked there over 41 years ago, still being made there too! Google Kwik Kut. Toothed or Straight edged choppers. They're cheap and effective!
I save my trimmings and put in 1 lb vac seal packs. use in beans of any type. Dice fine and mix w/ ground beef for meat loaf or burgers. Use it in greens or cabbage . Fry and crumble for salads etc etc etc.
- What to do with cured belly trimmings?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Smoke just for leftovers. 6 minutes ago
- › Step away from the pit! BBQ Shrimp, Cajun Style 1 hour ago
- › Why is my link sausage so ugly? 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Greetings from upstate NY 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Noah's ark terrine 5 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › WSM Gourmet Pizza - Because I don't know what else to call it 5 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Baby backs on board 5 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Some good chicken thighs tonight 6 hours ago
- › First attempt at competition style thighs 6 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Sous Vide chicken piccata(kind of) 6 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by tbdomenz
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › Horizon Smokers Charcoal Basket For 20 Inch Classic And Oklahoma... by ammaturesmoker
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › "Uncured" hot dogs, bacons
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients