- 145 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Points: 11
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryCuringtagged by Pops6927, 10/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- 1st cornned Beef Last post on 11/20/13 at 6:37pm in Smoke Houses
- Dry curing the old fashioned way without electricity?? Last post on 11/8/13 at 6:21am in Curing
- Corned Beef Brine Last post on 3/12/14 at 7:46am in Beef
- Curing Humidity Last post on 10/31/13 at 5:16am in Curing
- Rookie at dry curing...... Last post on 10/30/13 at 10:09am in Pork
Making Your Own Curing Salts
Last edited: 2/12/13
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And ProcessLast edited: 9/22/12
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
What to do with cured belly trimmings?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Certainly a great idea! Smoke the pieces up to 150° minimum so they are fully cooked and hand chop or in a blender (or the grinder if you have enough, but you lose what's in the throat as it gets mushed up) and mix in relish and a bit of mayo. Add to your taste (horseradish, spicy mustard, hot sauce, etc.) Technically, Cured and Smoked Pork Spread; or generically Ham Spread!
Handy dandy hand chopper, by Kwik Kut Mfg, Mohawk, NY:
I've used one of these for over 40 years, got it as a wedding present by someone who worked there over 41 years ago, still being made there too! Google Kwik Kut. Toothed or Straight edged choppers. They're cheap and effective!
I save my trimmings and put in 1 lb vac seal packs. use in beans of any type. Dice fine and mix w/ ground beef for meat loaf or burgers. Use it in greens or cabbage . Fry and crumble for salads etc etc etc.
- What to do with cured belly trimmings?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Bacon Bear's way 6 minutes ago
- › Smoking with an aluminum pan 11 minutes ago
- › Corned beef and hash 37 minutes ago
- › First brisket help 39 minutes ago
- › SOUS VIDE PASTRAMI, A FIRST FOR ME! 51 minutes ago
- › 2nd cheese smoke attempt 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › BACON (Extra Smoky) 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › New smoker from Taunton 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Rib Steaks in The Snow 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Hello from newbie in Portland, Oregon 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub