Well I assembled my vertical Trailmaster today and did the cure. Here is a 9/11/15 review...
I was missing one part. The end cap/bolt for the smoke stack damper. The spring was on the threaded rod, but the end cap was not to be found. Not a big deal though.
I assembled the unit by myself in under 2 hours. A 10mm wrench comes in handy.
It appeared solid with a nice fit for the doors. Somebody said the doors are thicker than past models, but I don't know what past models had.
I did the cure and had a lot of trouble getting up to 250* The charcoal/wood combination wasn't doing it.
Experience told me that the chamber felt hotter than what the door thermometer was reading. I popped in a digital probe thermometer and sure enough, there was about a 45* difference.
Once I had an accurate reading I was able to get to 250* no problem. When it came time to get hot, I got it to 450* with no problem.
Leaks, leaks, leaks. I made the fire very smokey and unit was puffing smoke everywhere, even the grease hole.
All of the leaks are inexpensively correctable and I anticipated them, having read the boards and reviews.
I ordered a gasket kit and sealer (from an after-market company) when I ordered the unit. So I no I will be disassembling the unit soon.
As mentioned a couple comments back, the new models come with 2 door latches. They are adjustable so they can torque down nicely.
Overall: I'm pleased with the finished product. I expected the leaks when I ordered the smoker.