Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBriskettagged by PGSmoker64, 9/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
2013-09-29 - Brisket (2nd Attempt)post #1 of 89/30/13 at 8:00amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 89/30/13 at 8:50ampost #3 of 89/30/13 at 9:04ampost #4 of 89/30/13 at 9:05ampost #5 of 89/30/13 at 9:15ampost #6 of 89/30/13 at 12:02pmThread Starter
Started with a whole packer.
Trimmed of ALL fat I could see, so this meant separating the point from the flat.
I ended up with a 4.56 lb flat and 2.56 lb point.
The night before I coated them both with my Dirty Dalmatian Rub (homemade recipe, 1/3 restaurant black pepper, 1/3 kosher salt, 1/3 granulated garlic). Then I injected them with beef broth (Tones paste kind, not the cube crap). Covered them with plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight.
The day of I heated my Yoder YS640 to 225 (about 30 min)
I then put on my meat straight from the fridge, flat on the bottom shelf (hotter), point on the top (cooler). Probes in my meat! (if you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it!)
I wrapped 3:30 minutes in, when the temp of both pieces of meat were slightly past 140 when the smoke ring stops growing (or so I’m told). No crutch, two pieces of foil for each piece, wrapped once, then wrapped again with the second piece to keep the steam in. Probes were kept in the meat.
5 hours in, temp for both pieces hit about 190, I then turned down my smoker to 195, I didn’t want to overcook but wanted more steam time.
8 hours in, temps kept right about the 195ish for the last 3 hours, I pulled the meat.
I unwrapped each piece, poured the juices into a ½ metal pan, the put the meat in the pan, the put a foil lid on the pan, then in an insulated cooler it went.
2.5 hours later. Pulled the meat from the cooler, trimmed it and took pics.
The end!post #7 of 89/30/13 at 1:44pmpost #8 of 89/30/13 at 1:47pmThread Starter
Just FYI. I want to modify my burnt ends a bit. I didn't care for their final texture.
The flat was great, the burnt ends I plan to cube and put back on the smoker a bit more before serving them next time.
- 2013-09-29 - Brisket (2nd Attempt)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › HELP with breakfast link casings 26 seconds ago
- › Ribeye Cheesesteaks (Bear Style Open Face) 1 minute ago
- › Help with my new MES 30" 2 minutes ago
- › Bresaola Sliced 8 minutes ago
- › Curing Pastrami forgot Kosher Salt 9 minutes ago
- › Looking to go portable 20 minutes ago
- › Sous Vide beef back ribs first attempt 23 minutes ago
- › March headcheese and organ sausage 34 minutes ago
- › Traeger. Controller upgrade options 46 minutes ago
- › I call it the 20/20 Charcoal basket... 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations