Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBriskettagged by PGSmoker64, 9/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I've had mine for more than 6 years and I really struggled through the first year with it getting too hot and burning up food. I was ready to give up and just use it as a charcoal grill. Then I...
I installed this and it worked flawlessly.
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
2013-09-29 - Brisket (2nd Attempt)post #1 of 89/30/13 at 8:00amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 89/30/13 at 8:50ampost #3 of 89/30/13 at 9:04ampost #4 of 89/30/13 at 9:05ampost #5 of 89/30/13 at 9:15ampost #6 of 89/30/13 at 12:02pmThread Starter
Started with a whole packer.
Trimmed of ALL fat I could see, so this meant separating the point from the flat.
I ended up with a 4.56 lb flat and 2.56 lb point.
The night before I coated them both with my Dirty Dalmatian Rub (homemade recipe, 1/3 restaurant black pepper, 1/3 kosher salt, 1/3 granulated garlic). Then I injected them with beef broth (Tones paste kind, not the cube crap). Covered them with plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight.
The day of I heated my Yoder YS640 to 225 (about 30 min)
I then put on my meat straight from the fridge, flat on the bottom shelf (hotter), point on the top (cooler). Probes in my meat! (if you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it!)
I wrapped 3:30 minutes in, when the temp of both pieces of meat were slightly past 140 when the smoke ring stops growing (or so I’m told). No crutch, two pieces of foil for each piece, wrapped once, then wrapped again with the second piece to keep the steam in. Probes were kept in the meat.
5 hours in, temp for both pieces hit about 190, I then turned down my smoker to 195, I didn’t want to overcook but wanted more steam time.
8 hours in, temps kept right about the 195ish for the last 3 hours, I pulled the meat.
I unwrapped each piece, poured the juices into a ½ metal pan, the put the meat in the pan, the put a foil lid on the pan, then in an insulated cooler it went.
2.5 hours later. Pulled the meat from the cooler, trimmed it and took pics.
The end!post #7 of 89/30/13 at 1:44pmpost #8 of 89/30/13 at 1:47pmThread Starter
Just FYI. I want to modify my burnt ends a bit. I didn't care for their final texture.
The flat was great, the burnt ends I plan to cube and put back on the smoker a bit more before serving them next time.
- 2013-09-29 - Brisket (2nd Attempt)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Ribs, Chicken and Red Fish! 1 minute ago
- › Is it just me? 3 minutes ago
- › New guy 14 minutes ago
- › Quickest technique to making bulk snack sticks 14 minutes ago
- › Hello from Texas 15 minutes ago
- › Competition smoking 16 minutes ago
- › cooked spare ribs - how to maintain temperature for hours 20 minutes ago
- › Chicken Philly Cheesesteak 22 minutes ago
- › Hello -- New to SMF 22 minutes ago
- › New to the forum 25 minutes ago
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › Horizon Smokers Charcoal Basket For 20 Inch Classic And Oklahoma... by ammaturesmoker
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices