Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBriskettagged by PGSmoker64, 9/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
2013-09-29 - Brisket (2nd Attempt)post #1 of 89/30/13 at 8:00amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 89/30/13 at 8:50ampost #3 of 89/30/13 at 9:04ampost #4 of 89/30/13 at 9:05ampost #5 of 89/30/13 at 9:15ampost #6 of 89/30/13 at 12:02pmThread Starter
Started with a whole packer.
Trimmed of ALL fat I could see, so this meant separating the point from the flat.
I ended up with a 4.56 lb flat and 2.56 lb point.
The night before I coated them both with my Dirty Dalmatian Rub (homemade recipe, 1/3 restaurant black pepper, 1/3 kosher salt, 1/3 granulated garlic). Then I injected them with beef broth (Tones paste kind, not the cube crap). Covered them with plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight.
The day of I heated my Yoder YS640 to 225 (about 30 min)
I then put on my meat straight from the fridge, flat on the bottom shelf (hotter), point on the top (cooler). Probes in my meat! (if you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it!)
I wrapped 3:30 minutes in, when the temp of both pieces of meat were slightly past 140 when the smoke ring stops growing (or so I’m told). No crutch, two pieces of foil for each piece, wrapped once, then wrapped again with the second piece to keep the steam in. Probes were kept in the meat.
5 hours in, temp for both pieces hit about 190, I then turned down my smoker to 195, I didn’t want to overcook but wanted more steam time.
8 hours in, temps kept right about the 195ish for the last 3 hours, I pulled the meat.
I unwrapped each piece, poured the juices into a ½ metal pan, the put the meat in the pan, the put a foil lid on the pan, then in an insulated cooler it went.
2.5 hours later. Pulled the meat from the cooler, trimmed it and took pics.
The end!post #7 of 89/30/13 at 1:44pmpost #8 of 89/30/13 at 1:47pmThread Starter
Just FYI. I want to modify my burnt ends a bit. I didn't care for their final texture.
The flat was great, the burnt ends I plan to cube and put back on the smoker a bit more before serving them next time.
- 2013-09-29 - Brisket (2nd Attempt)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Brisket Trimmings 1 minute ago
- › First butts on modified el cheapo...pics and Q view 2 minutes ago
- › Brine / defrost Turkey at same time?? 4 minutes ago
- › First try at a UDS 14 minutes ago
- › What are the most important factors generally needed or wanted on a... 20 minutes ago
- › Another mod to my Auber-Masterbuilt hybrid 22 minutes ago
- › Hello Everyone 30 minutes ago
- › Spare rib practice. - Post em if you got em 34 minutes ago
- › Your thoughts on my Smoker build plan 36 minutes ago
- › Help with snack sticks and sous vide 38 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ