Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBriskettagged by PGSmoker64, 9/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
2013-09-29 - Brisket (2nd Attempt)post #1 of 89/30/13 at 8:00amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 89/30/13 at 8:50ampost #3 of 89/30/13 at 9:04ampost #4 of 89/30/13 at 9:05ampost #5 of 89/30/13 at 9:15ampost #6 of 89/30/13 at 12:02pmThread Starter
Started with a whole packer.
Trimmed of ALL fat I could see, so this meant separating the point from the flat.
I ended up with a 4.56 lb flat and 2.56 lb point.
The night before I coated them both with my Dirty Dalmatian Rub (homemade recipe, 1/3 restaurant black pepper, 1/3 kosher salt, 1/3 granulated garlic). Then I injected them with beef broth (Tones paste kind, not the cube crap). Covered them with plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight.
The day of I heated my Yoder YS640 to 225 (about 30 min)
I then put on my meat straight from the fridge, flat on the bottom shelf (hotter), point on the top (cooler). Probes in my meat! (if you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it!)
I wrapped 3:30 minutes in, when the temp of both pieces of meat were slightly past 140 when the smoke ring stops growing (or so I’m told). No crutch, two pieces of foil for each piece, wrapped once, then wrapped again with the second piece to keep the steam in. Probes were kept in the meat.
5 hours in, temp for both pieces hit about 190, I then turned down my smoker to 195, I didn’t want to overcook but wanted more steam time.
8 hours in, temps kept right about the 195ish for the last 3 hours, I pulled the meat.
I unwrapped each piece, poured the juices into a ½ metal pan, the put the meat in the pan, the put a foil lid on the pan, then in an insulated cooler it went.
2.5 hours later. Pulled the meat from the cooler, trimmed it and took pics.
The end!post #7 of 89/30/13 at 1:44pmpost #8 of 89/30/13 at 1:47pmThread Starter
Just FYI. I want to modify my burnt ends a bit. I didn't care for their final texture.
The flat was great, the burnt ends I plan to cube and put back on the smoker a bit more before serving them next time.
- 2013-09-29 - Brisket (2nd Attempt)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › I'm new to smoking meat and need pointers 7 minutes ago
- › Chicken Thighs 20 minutes ago
- › Hello everyone 24 minutes ago
- › Good Babyback results in the WSM... 28 minutes ago
- › New wood rack 29 minutes ago
- › Hi from the 216! Cleveland Ohio 30 minutes ago
- › Did someone call Wellington 31 minutes ago
- › Scale question 31 minutes ago
- › Sous vide bowls 33 minutes ago
- › St, Louis Style Ribs 36 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods