Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBriskettagged by PGSmoker64, 9/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I've had my RecTec 680 for about three weeks or so. I've already cooked on it about 10 times I imagine. I've got baby backs smoking on it right now. This smoker is worth every penny you'll pay for...
I got this because smoking on my Weber kettle gets a little crowded. In stock form, this thing would probably be pretty useless. I was able to mod it with very little extra money because I...
after my seasoning run and 1st smoking session, I had to alter the unit..closed firebox to chamber up some and added a 3/16 plate deflector on top of it so heat and smoke ran more directly into...
Smoker is everything you need as a novice or pro. I converted my smoker to natural gas. Extremely easy conversion explained by the company on their website. Bought the #51 drill bit at Ace Hardware...
I was on a waiting list to get my Timberline 1300. Now having owned it 6 weeks, It has become a $2000 paperweight that occupies space on my deck. Avoid this grill, Traeger likes to tout their world...
2013-09-29 - Brisket (2nd Attempt)post #1 of 89/30/13 at 8:00amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 89/30/13 at 8:50ampost #3 of 89/30/13 at 9:04ampost #4 of 89/30/13 at 9:05ampost #5 of 89/30/13 at 9:15ampost #6 of 89/30/13 at 12:02pmThread Starter
Started with a whole packer.
Trimmed of ALL fat I could see, so this meant separating the point from the flat.
I ended up with a 4.56 lb flat and 2.56 lb point.
The night before I coated them both with my Dirty Dalmatian Rub (homemade recipe, 1/3 restaurant black pepper, 1/3 kosher salt, 1/3 granulated garlic). Then I injected them with beef broth (Tones paste kind, not the cube crap). Covered them with plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight.
The day of I heated my Yoder YS640 to 225 (about 30 min)
I then put on my meat straight from the fridge, flat on the bottom shelf (hotter), point on the top (cooler). Probes in my meat! (if you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it!)
I wrapped 3:30 minutes in, when the temp of both pieces of meat were slightly past 140 when the smoke ring stops growing (or so I’m told). No crutch, two pieces of foil for each piece, wrapped once, then wrapped again with the second piece to keep the steam in. Probes were kept in the meat.
5 hours in, temp for both pieces hit about 190, I then turned down my smoker to 195, I didn’t want to overcook but wanted more steam time.
8 hours in, temps kept right about the 195ish for the last 3 hours, I pulled the meat.
I unwrapped each piece, poured the juices into a ½ metal pan, the put the meat in the pan, the put a foil lid on the pan, then in an insulated cooler it went.
2.5 hours later. Pulled the meat from the cooler, trimmed it and took pics.
The end!post #7 of 89/30/13 at 1:44pmpost #8 of 89/30/13 at 1:47pmThread Starter
Just FYI. I want to modify my burnt ends a bit. I didn't care for their final texture.
The flat was great, the burnt ends I plan to cube and put back on the smoker a bit more before serving them next time.
- 2013-09-29 - Brisket (2nd Attempt)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Weber Smokey Mountain 31 minutes ago
- › Fire management help need for under 275* 43 minutes ago
- › Gas smoker - How to generate smoke with low temp 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Scarbelly Wings (Buffalo Style) 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › 15" Paella Pan(s) - Great Accessory for 22.5" Weber Kettle and WSM 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Moist meat surface vs dry 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › Trimmings from Brisket? Use em? 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › 1st attempt at home butchery! 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Smoked Caveman 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Keeping your sanity amidst the insanity 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by SenseiRogue
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by jdkimbro
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ