- 67 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Location: U.S.A.
- Points: 13
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Maiden sparib voyage Last post on 2/21/16 at 11:32am in General Discussion
- My first attempt at Pork Butt, or any pork for that matter w/lots of pics Last post on 10/25/13 at 1:31pm in Pork
- My first pork shoulder! (Picnic cut) Last post on 10/14/13 at 12:24pm in Pork
- Fire died while smoking a butt! Last post on 9/30/13 at 10:38pm in Pork
- ULTIMATE PORK BBQ Last post on 9/26/13 at 4:13pm in Pork
Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for PorkLast edited: 10/5/13
Got this for convenience and the ease of smoking at tailgates or events without pulling the stick burner. Smoked several meals on it now. While I was assembling the smoker, i saw the wood chip tray...
If you ever wanted to make sausage and jerky this is the book that will get you started. Easy step-by-step instructions show you how to bone out a deer for sausage and jerky. Also includes both...
I know it's bad form to be underwhelmed by this book, but am I the only one who actually read it? There are duplicated parts, there is no discernible order to it, and it is mostly aimed at people...
I received this smoker as a gift - it's the 30" model. I read in the forums here about some mods to improve functionality and I did them: installed a base and casters, added some insulation around...
I received the 38' Smoky Hollow with the glass door at Christmas, and have done about 5 smokes so far. The unit is roomy enough to do a 12+ lb. brisket and much more. After two smokes, I ordered a...
First smoke!!!! Butt inpost #1 of 129/29/13 at 2:54amThread StarterPut my first smoke on 1 am. Boston butt,mes 30 black,amnps half filled with hickory and apple,et 732. Sitting on 140 after 6hrs. Had a nice dark bark wen I opened up to put probe in at 5.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 129/29/13 at 6:19am
Welcome to SMF! Please post a picture of your finished butt. Everyone on the forum likes the q-view pictures. They will even give you a little arm twisting if you forget.post #3 of 129/29/13 at 6:35amThread Starterpost #4 of 129/29/13 at 6:37am
sounds like you've got it all under control. Are you ready for the stall? are you thinking of foiling or no. The last few ive done I haven't foiled, I really have gotten hooked on the bark. don't forget the pics!!!!post #5 of 129/29/13 at 9:10amThread StarterShe maybe slowly coming out of the stall, 171 degrees now. Yep, Covered it in foil with Apple juice when I bumped her up to 260 earlier. Had a nice black bark even at 4 hours in. They need to bottle that smell comin out the vent!post #6 of 129/29/13 at 10:02amThread StarterOk she has come up,a whole degree in one hour. 172 now. Maybe I need to search for temp probe placement. Patience is bitter ,but the fruit is sweet.
Edited by bigorange - 9/30/13 at 1:13pmpost #7 of 129/29/13 at 5:16pmpost #8 of 129/30/13 at 1:02amThread Starterpost #9 of 129/30/13 at 1:03amThread Starterpost #10 of 129/30/13 at 1:07amThread Starterpost #11 of 129/30/13 at 1:10am
- First smoke!!!! Butt in
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
- › PID Question 14 minutes ago
- › The Awarding Of Points. 19 minutes ago
- › Has Anyone Fooled the MES Temp Sensor Before? 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › First Pork Butt on 14.5" WSM 2 hours ago
- › Pulled pork hash? Actually, leftovers for just me! 2 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Perfect Hard Eggs 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Paging all sausage gurus!! 2 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Basil Chicken Sausage 3 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › 40# Deer Kielbasa - Finally 3 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Smoking Sausage Question 3 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Masterbuilt Two Door Propane Smoker by JASinIL2006
- › Outdoor Leisure Products Smoke Hollow 38202G by csparrazza
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by mikeg1218
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by fivebadgers
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine