- 67 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Location: U.S.A.
- Points: 13
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Maiden sparib voyage Last post on 2/21/16 at 11:32am in General Discussion
- My first attempt at Pork Butt, or any pork for that matter w/lots of pics Last post on 10/25/13 at 1:31pm in Pork
- My first pork shoulder! (Picnic cut) Last post on 10/14/13 at 12:24pm in Pork
- Fire died while smoking a butt! Last post on 9/30/13 at 10:38pm in Pork
- ULTIMATE PORK BBQ Last post on 9/26/13 at 4:13pm in Pork
Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for PorkLast edited: 10/5/13
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
First smoke!!!! Butt inpost #1 of 129/29/13 at 2:54amThread StarterPut my first smoke on 1 am. Boston butt,mes 30 black,amnps half filled with hickory and apple,et 732. Sitting on 140 after 6hrs. Had a nice dark bark wen I opened up to put probe in at 5.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 129/29/13 at 6:19am
Welcome to SMF! Please post a picture of your finished butt. Everyone on the forum likes the q-view pictures. They will even give you a little arm twisting if you forget.post #3 of 129/29/13 at 6:35amThread Starterpost #4 of 129/29/13 at 6:37am
sounds like you've got it all under control. Are you ready for the stall? are you thinking of foiling or no. The last few ive done I haven't foiled, I really have gotten hooked on the bark. don't forget the pics!!!!post #5 of 129/29/13 at 9:10amThread StarterShe maybe slowly coming out of the stall, 171 degrees now. Yep, Covered it in foil with Apple juice when I bumped her up to 260 earlier. Had a nice black bark even at 4 hours in. They need to bottle that smell comin out the vent!post #6 of 129/29/13 at 10:02amThread StarterOk she has come up,a whole degree in one hour. 172 now. Maybe I need to search for temp probe placement. Patience is bitter ,but the fruit is sweet.
Edited by bigorange - 9/30/13 at 1:13pmpost #7 of 129/29/13 at 5:16pmpost #8 of 129/30/13 at 1:02amThread Starterpost #9 of 129/30/13 at 1:03amThread Starterpost #10 of 129/30/13 at 1:07amThread Starterpost #11 of 129/30/13 at 1:10am
- First smoke!!!! Butt in
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
- › anyone wet brine large amounts of slabs ? Need ideas 6 minutes ago
- › New - Oklahoma Joe's Highland Smoker 8 minutes ago
- › Baby back and short ribs with Qview 13 minutes ago
- › Chicken Sausage 3/21/17 20 minutes ago
- › early spring 1st pulled pork. 23 minutes ago
- › HELP with breakfast link casings 26 minutes ago
- › B-Day Chicken Dinner Winner 28 minutes ago
- › Sous Vide beef back ribs first attempt 52 minutes ago
- › Ordered today Lang 36 patio hybrid deluxe 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Reverse Flow?? 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives