- 67 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Location: U.S.A.
- Points: 13
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Maiden sparib voyage Last post on 2/21/16 at 11:32am in General Discussion
- My first attempt at Pork Butt, or any pork for that matter w/lots of pics Last post on 10/25/13 at 1:31pm in Pork
- My first pork shoulder! (Picnic cut) Last post on 10/14/13 at 12:24pm in Pork
- Fire died while smoking a butt! Last post on 9/30/13 at 10:38pm in Pork
- ULTIMATE PORK BBQ Last post on 9/26/13 at 4:13pm in Pork
Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for PorkLast edited: 10/5/13
Bought this at Menards after returning a Traeger Texan to Costco. The Pitt Boss is a little smaller, has the broiler feature, has a upper cooking rack, has a shelf under the cook chamber is $400...
Unless you are cooking for 1 or 2, don't get this as your main grill/smoker. On the other hand, if you already have a larger grill/smoker that you use for big cooks and want something to use for...
I've had mine for more than 6 years and I really struggled through the first year with it getting too hot and burning up food. I was ready to give up and just use it as a charcoal grill. Then I...
I installed this and it worked flawlessly.
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
First smoke!!!! Butt inpost #1 of 129/29/13 at 2:54amThread StarterPut my first smoke on 1 am. Boston butt,mes 30 black,amnps half filled with hickory and apple,et 732. Sitting on 140 after 6hrs. Had a nice dark bark wen I opened up to put probe in at 5.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 129/29/13 at 6:19am
Welcome to SMF! Please post a picture of your finished butt. Everyone on the forum likes the q-view pictures. They will even give you a little arm twisting if you forget.post #3 of 129/29/13 at 6:35amThread Starterpost #4 of 129/29/13 at 6:37am
sounds like you've got it all under control. Are you ready for the stall? are you thinking of foiling or no. The last few ive done I haven't foiled, I really have gotten hooked on the bark. don't forget the pics!!!!post #5 of 129/29/13 at 9:10amThread StarterShe maybe slowly coming out of the stall, 171 degrees now. Yep, Covered it in foil with Apple juice when I bumped her up to 260 earlier. Had a nice black bark even at 4 hours in. They need to bottle that smell comin out the vent!post #6 of 129/29/13 at 10:02amThread StarterOk she has come up,a whole degree in one hour. 172 now. Maybe I need to search for temp probe placement. Patience is bitter ,but the fruit is sweet.
Edited by bigorange - 9/30/13 at 1:13pmpost #7 of 129/29/13 at 5:16pmpost #8 of 129/30/13 at 1:02amThread Starterpost #9 of 129/30/13 at 1:03amThread Starterpost #10 of 129/30/13 at 1:07amThread Starterpost #11 of 129/30/13 at 1:10am
- First smoke!!!! Butt in
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
- › makro 9 minutes ago
- › Got my new grates in. See Pics 9 minutes ago
- › Propane SmokeHouse Build 12 minutes ago
- › Turkey Breast help.. 23 minutes ago
- › OK Joe Highland (and Longhorn) Mods and Effects- please add yours 25 minutes ago
- › 6th Annual SMF Carolinas Smokers Gathering (May 19, 20 and 21, 2017) 30 minutes ago
- › Some good chicken thighs tonight 33 minutes ago
- › Hello Rookie Here 34 minutes ago
- › Briskets coming out tough 35 minutes ago
- › Step away from the pit! BBQ Shrimp, Cajun Style 42 minutes ago
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by tbdomenz
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › Horizon Smokers Charcoal Basket For 20 Inch Classic And Oklahoma... by ammaturesmoker
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › "Uncured" hot dogs, bacons
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients