- 67 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Location: U.S.A.
- Points: 13
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Maiden sparib voyage Last post on 2/21/16 at 11:32am in General Discussion
- My first attempt at Pork Butt, or any pork for that matter w/lots of pics Last post on 10/25/13 at 1:31pm in Pork
- My first pork shoulder! (Picnic cut) Last post on 10/14/13 at 12:24pm in Pork
- Fire died while smoking a butt! Last post on 9/30/13 at 10:38pm in Pork
- ULTIMATE PORK BBQ Last post on 9/26/13 at 4:13pm in Pork
Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for PorkLast edited: 10/5/13
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
First smoke!!!! Butt inpost #1 of 129/29/13 at 2:54amThread StarterPut my first smoke on 1 am. Boston butt,mes 30 black,amnps half filled with hickory and apple,et 732. Sitting on 140 after 6hrs. Had a nice dark bark wen I opened up to put probe in at 5.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 129/29/13 at 6:19am
Welcome to SMF! Please post a picture of your finished butt. Everyone on the forum likes the q-view pictures. They will even give you a little arm twisting if you forget.post #3 of 129/29/13 at 6:35amThread Starterpost #4 of 129/29/13 at 6:37am
sounds like you've got it all under control. Are you ready for the stall? are you thinking of foiling or no. The last few ive done I haven't foiled, I really have gotten hooked on the bark. don't forget the pics!!!!post #5 of 129/29/13 at 9:10amThread StarterShe maybe slowly coming out of the stall, 171 degrees now. Yep, Covered it in foil with Apple juice when I bumped her up to 260 earlier. Had a nice black bark even at 4 hours in. They need to bottle that smell comin out the vent!post #6 of 129/29/13 at 10:02amThread StarterOk she has come up,a whole degree in one hour. 172 now. Maybe I need to search for temp probe placement. Patience is bitter ,but the fruit is sweet.
Edited by bigorange - 9/30/13 at 1:13pmpost #7 of 129/29/13 at 5:16pmpost #8 of 129/30/13 at 1:02amThread Starterpost #9 of 129/30/13 at 1:03amThread Starterpost #10 of 129/30/13 at 1:07amThread Starterpost #11 of 129/30/13 at 1:10am
- First smoke!!!! Butt in
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
- › Just joined the group 9 minutes ago
- › Question about moisture 13 minutes ago
- › Its 330 am time to smoke a butt! 13 minutes ago
- › First smoke 15 minutes ago
- › Poor Brisket Choices 16 minutes ago
- › How I start and use my WSM.... 46 minutes ago
- › Two Birds, Two different Rubs, Smokin Side By Side With The Tastes... 51 minutes ago
- › Wife's away 56 minutes ago
- › Looking for the best summer sasage seasoning mix 1 hour ago
- › Kingsford Briquettes vs. Royal Oak Ridge Briquettes: Burn... 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer