- 3 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Location: Abington PA.
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
- productWeber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18.5-Inch Smokertagged by Bama BBQ, 9/27/13
- productWeber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smokertagged by Bama BBQ, 9/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- UPDATE - Weber (the company...) rocks!!! RE: New WSM bent, need advice on if this is normal and... Last post on 2/26/15 at 8:25am in Charcoal Smokers
- New WSM Owner, Just Joined the Forum Last post on 12/17/14 at 6:34am in Roll Call
- WHICH SMOKER TO PURCHASE FOR FATHER IN LAW Last post on 12/3/14 at 4:14pm in Wood Smokers
I've had my Daniel Boone for 3 years or so. Smoked countless briskets, pork butts, turkey, tri tip, prime ribs, summer sausage, pepperoni, brats, jerky, fish....the list goes on and on. Always has...
I have A 5x8 Smoke Box, And A Twelve inch Smoke Tube. Stop By A-maze-n Store Today To Pick Up Thermometer. And Todd Took Care Of Me, He is Excellent to work with, even sent me home with some free...
I bought this unit because I was tired of the cheap thermometers at the store. Little did I realize what an improvement this was going to be. The oven probe showed that my smoker was 23 degrees...
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
Rookie (almost) mistake
post #1 of 4
9/27/13 at 5:14am
So just a tip that should be obvious. When setting up your wsm make sure the grate is resting on all of the brackets. I missed one and almost dumped my butt into my water pan. Would not have been a good start!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 4
9/27/13 at 5:19am
Good catch. If you don't feel your brackets are long enough you can add washers between the bracket and center section. Here's an example in this post: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/135116/how-i-start-and-use-my-wsm
post #3 of 4
9/27/13 at 5:32am
- Rookie (almost) mistake
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 389 Active Users (20 Members and 369 Guests)
- › Smoking time with a Masterbuilt 30" electric 1 minute ago
- › Hello from tennessee 3 minutes ago
- › Fassetts breakfast sausage COLD SMOKED 14 minutes ago
- › Sweet Lebanon bologna 17 minutes ago
- › Summer Sauage in the rain 18 minutes ago
- › Smoking Cook Book 29 minutes ago
- › Sorry But You Have Really Messed Up This Forum !! 45 minutes ago
- › New Member Looking For Soft Tender Beef Jerky Recipe 45 minutes ago
- › Sunday What's On the Traeger 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › New Member 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot