- 3 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Location: Abington PA.
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
- productWeber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18.5-Inch Smokertagged by Bama BBQ, 9/27/13
- productWeber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smokertagged by Bama BBQ, 9/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- UPDATE - Weber (the company...) rocks!!! RE: New WSM bent, need advice on if this is normal and... Last post on 2/26/15 at 8:25am in Charcoal Smokers
- New WSM Owner, Just Joined the Forum Last post on 12/17/14 at 6:34am in Roll Call
- WHICH SMOKER TO PURCHASE FOR FATHER IN LAW Last post on 12/3/14 at 4:14pm in Wood Smokers
If you want a serious thermometer, this is for you. It comes with 2 meat probes & one air probe, also included is a USB charger. It also has an auxiliary plug that I don't know what it is for, but...
Got this for convenience and the ease of smoking at tailgates or events without pulling the stick burner. Smoked several meals on it now. While I was assembling the smoker, i saw the wood chip tray...
If you ever wanted to make sausage and jerky this is the book that will get you started. Easy step-by-step instructions show you how to bone out a deer for sausage and jerky. Also includes both...
I know it's bad form to be underwhelmed by this book, but am I the only one who actually read it? There are duplicated parts, there is no discernible order to it, and it is mostly aimed at people...
I received this smoker as a gift - it's the 30" model. I read in the forums here about some mods to improve functionality and I did them: installed a base and casters, added some insulation around...
Rookie (almost) mistake
post #1 of 4
9/27/13 at 5:14am
So just a tip that should be obvious. When setting up your wsm make sure the grate is resting on all of the brackets. I missed one and almost dumped my butt into my water pan. Would not have been a good start!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 4
9/27/13 at 5:19am
Good catch. If you don't feel your brackets are long enough you can add washers between the bracket and center section. Here's an example in this post: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/135116/how-i-start-and-use-my-wsm
post #3 of 4
9/27/13 at 5:32am
- Rookie (almost) mistake
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 414 Active Users (7 Members and 407 Guests)
- › Nice tasting beef roast just now
- › Maverick ET-733 thread 45 minutes ago
- › Smoking Brats 47 minutes ago
- › porcelain coated steel grates 52 minutes ago
- › Hello from Lancaster County, PA 52 minutes ago
- › thermo works smoke? 53 minutes ago
- › Roast safe? 55 minutes ago
- › Black forest Canadian bacon 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Hello from Lancaster County 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Bresaola 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Masterbuilt Two Door Propane Smoker by JASinIL2006
- › Outdoor Leisure Products Smoke Hollow 38202G by csparrazza
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by mikeg1218
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by fivebadgers
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine