- 3 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Location: Abington PA.
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
- productWeber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18.5-Inch Smokertagged by Bama BBQ, 9/27/13
- productWeber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smokertagged by Bama BBQ, 9/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- UPDATE - Weber (the company...) rocks!!! RE: New WSM bent, need advice on if this is normal and... Last post on 2/26/15 at 8:25am in Charcoal Smokers
- New WSM Owner, Just Joined the Forum Last post on 12/17/14 at 6:34am in Roll Call
- WHICH SMOKER TO PURCHASE FOR FATHER IN LAW Last post on 12/3/14 at 4:14pm in Wood Smokers
I've had my RecTec 680 for about three weeks or so. I've already cooked on it about 10 times I imagine. I've got baby backs smoking on it right now. This smoker is worth every penny you'll pay for...
I got this because smoking on my Weber kettle gets a little crowded. In stock form, this thing would probably be pretty useless. I was able to mod it with very little extra money because I...
after my seasoning run and 1st smoking session, I had to alter the unit..closed firebox to chamber up some and added a 3/16 plate deflector on top of it so heat and smoke ran more directly into...
Smoker is everything you need as a novice or pro. I converted my smoker to natural gas. Extremely easy conversion explained by the company on their website. Bought the #51 drill bit at Ace Hardware...
I was on a waiting list to get my Timberline 1300. Now having owned it 6 weeks, It has become a $2000 paperweight that occupies space on my deck. Avoid this grill, Traeger likes to tout their world...
Rookie (almost) mistake
post #1 of 4
9/27/13 at 5:14am
So just a tip that should be obvious. When setting up your wsm make sure the grate is resting on all of the brackets. I missed one and almost dumped my butt into my water pan. Would not have been a good start!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 4
9/27/13 at 5:19am
Good catch. If you don't feel your brackets are long enough you can add washers between the bracket and center section. Here's an example in this post: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/135116/how-i-start-and-use-my-wsm
post #3 of 4
9/27/13 at 5:32am
- Rookie (almost) mistake
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 366 Active Users (3 Members and 363 Guests)
- › Lamb shoulder 39 minutes ago
- › Moist meat surface vs dry 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Fire management help need for under 275* 3 hours ago
- › Results of removing some mods, for stick burning. 3 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Hi from Michigan 4 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › My first attempt at a build. 4 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › A few CSR's for the game.. 5 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › August 2017 Throwdown - YardBird!!! 5 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Howdy y'all 5 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › vertical insulated reverse flow smoker 5 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by SenseiRogue
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by jdkimbro
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ