- 3 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Location: Abington PA.
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
- productWeber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18.5-Inch Smokertagged by Bama BBQ, 9/27/13
- productWeber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smokertagged by Bama BBQ, 9/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- UPDATE - Weber (the company...) rocks!!! RE: New WSM bent, need advice on if this is normal and... Last post on 2/26/15 at 8:25am in Charcoal Smokers
- New WSM Owner, Just Joined the Forum Last post on 12/17/14 at 6:34am in Roll Call
- WHICH SMOKER TO PURCHASE FOR FATHER IN LAW Last post on 12/3/14 at 4:14pm in Wood Smokers
First off, this is our first smoker. Wanted something that was "set it and forget it" like the Costco road show guy said. We bought our first one last August....my Birthday present! The next day we...
Bought this at Menards after returning a Traeger Texan to Costco. The Pitt Boss is a little smaller, has the broiler feature, has a upper cooking rack, has a shelf under the cook chamber is $400...
Unless you are cooking for 1 or 2, don't get this as your main grill/smoker. On the other hand, if you already have a larger grill/smoker that you use for big cooks and want something to use for...
I've had mine for more than 6 years and I really struggled through the first year with it getting too hot and burning up food. I was ready to give up and just use it as a charcoal grill. Then I...
I installed this and it worked flawlessly.
Rookie (almost) mistake
post #1 of 4
9/27/13 at 5:14am
So just a tip that should be obvious. When setting up your wsm make sure the grate is resting on all of the brackets. I missed one and almost dumped my butt into my water pan. Would not have been a good start!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 4
9/27/13 at 5:19am
Good catch. If you don't feel your brackets are long enough you can add washers between the bracket and center section. Here's an example in this post: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/135116/how-i-start-and-use-my-wsm
post #3 of 4
9/27/13 at 5:32am
- Rookie (almost) mistake
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 718 Active Users (43 Members and 675 Guests)
- › Hickory Smoked Rib-Eye's! 7 seconds ago
- › Maverick 732 Storage 51 seconds ago
- › South Florida Spring Gathering - Apr. 28-30 ("IT'S ON") 1 minute ago
- › First time for ribs! 2 minutes ago
- › Pastrami on the Smoker (Que Vue) 9 minutes ago
- › Spicy corn dip 11 minutes ago
- › Hello from Chicagoland area -- buying new smoker soon 17 minutes ago
- › Smoked Chuck tender roasts 21 minutes ago
- › Cooking right now over direct heat. Beef ribs and pork lion cook... 38 minutes ago
- › New Traeger. Need Advice. Food Not Smoky Enough 43 minutes ago
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by tbdomenz
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › Horizon Smokers Charcoal Basket For 20 Inch Classic And Oklahoma... by ammaturesmoker
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › "Uncured" hot dogs, bacons
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...