- 3 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Location: Abington PA.
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
- productWeber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18.5-Inch Smokertagged by Bama BBQ, 9/27/13
- productWeber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smokertagged by Bama BBQ, 9/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
- UPDATE - Weber (the company...) rocks!!! RE: New WSM bent, need advice on if this is normal and... Last post on 2/26/15 at 8:25am in Charcoal Smokers
- New WSM Owner, Just Joined the Forum Last post on 12/17/14 at 6:34am in Roll Call
- WHICH SMOKER TO PURCHASE FOR FATHER IN LAW Last post on 12/3/14 at 4:14pm in Wood Smokers
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
Rookie (almost) mistake
post #1 of 4
9/27/13 at 5:14am
So just a tip that should be obvious. When setting up your wsm make sure the grate is resting on all of the brackets. I missed one and almost dumped my butt into my water pan. Would not have been a good start!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 4
9/27/13 at 5:19am
Good catch. If you don't feel your brackets are long enough you can add washers between the bracket and center section. Here's an example in this post: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/135116/how-i-start-and-use-my-wsm
post #3 of 4
9/27/13 at 5:32am
- Rookie (almost) mistake
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 572 Active Users (30 Members and 542 Guests)
- › First try at a UDS 50 seconds ago
- › First butts on modified el cheapo...pics and Q view 2 minutes ago
- › Science or Art 6 minutes ago
- › Help with snack sticks and sous vide 11 minutes ago
- › Hello Everyone 18 minutes ago
- › Final Smoked Salmon with recipe, instructions, and Qview 22 minutes ago
- › chicken kefta sausage 25 minutes ago
- › My new Akorn JR 25 minutes ago
- › Chuck roast safety question 31 minutes ago
- › Brisket with Mopping Sauce 42 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ