Wow that Plate must have been 48x73 7/8 x1/4 before you you rolled it .24" OD right? How did you roll it?That should last you forever.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySmokerstagged by Davidhef88, 11/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- grates made from a grocery cart? Last post on 11/30/13 at 9:17am in UDS Builds
- Stainless Steel! Last post on 11/23/13 at 6:13pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Operation: Turkey Gobble. Now with bonus Q-vue! Last post on 12/18/13 at 7:36am in Reverse Flow
- My 1st UDS build!! Last post on 3/7/14 at 10:33am in UDS Builds
- UDS Build in Progress Last post on 1/12/14 at 10:52pm in UDS Builds
I bought the Weber 26.75" grill mainly for the larger grilling area. I have owned Weber's 22.5" grills for over 50 years now, I'm on my 3rd one now, but now needed more grilling area, and the...
Forgive me if I write a lot of drivel, bu this is my first review of a product on this forum: I had gotten a 12" A-maze-n tube and used it to smoke cheese last year (on my old grill), and...
I purchased this smoker to again give smoking a try. I had been a avid meat/fish smoker years ago long before all of the temperature controlled available smokers & temperature monitoring equipment...
I called Lisa from www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com, A nicer more helpful person you wont find. She walked me through the options and helped me select the VP215. This thing is the bomb! I grabbed a...
Bought this at KMart on a special sale and we've had this grill for about five years now and it has held up pretty well except the underside of the grill. The grease pan/tray that leads to the...
Starting a build and have a few questions (pictures Added)(Q View now added) - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
The cylinder and ends I had cut and rolled by the company I bought the metal from Patton Steele. They cut and rolled it at a facility I think down in Orange County and transferred it around until it got to my local store. The cylinder and the ends as well as the metal for the firebox cost around $372 if I remember right. They even welded the cylinder together for no extra charge.
Your smoker is looking like it came out of a factory. Only thing I'm not seeing is a counter weight on the door. I wasn't going to put them on but my wife said no way....doors too heavy. I'm really glad I added them. doors used to weigh 60 lbs now around 5.
I used flax seed oil to season. Did some checking into seasoning and got the following:
Build a fire and run dry 300+degrees for 3-4 hours, cool down to around 100 or so and then spray with flax oil (can be found in health food store) then raise temp back up to 300+ for another 3-6 hours and you're done. The flax seed oil gets black and rock hard with the heat.
Finally got a chance to cook in the new smoker I cooked some baby back ribs. I think that I am still at the beginning of the learning curve they turned out really tasty the whole family liked them I took some pictures to show the cook. Thanks to everybody that helped me with my build. GB
as good as they look.
Smoker looks good, BBQ looks great I would say your build and cook turned out. The more you cook on your smoker the more comfortable you will become.
- Starting a build and have a few questions (pictures Added)(Q View now added)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › ran some heat through her today!! 16 minutes ago
- › Beef "Dino" Ribs (From My Last Prime Rib Score) 40 minutes ago
- › 2nd Batch 40 minutes ago
- › please avoid this 50 minutes ago
- › Smokehouse Project 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Pic of first venison/beef/pork summer sausage. 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Formed bacon 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Super French Dip 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Smoked Cheddar, Pepperjack, Swiss, and Provolone! 2 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Pellet Grill Cooking 2 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Meco 5031 Charcoal Combo Water Smoker by W2HR
- › VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer by TripleQ
- › Kenmore 4 burner split lid with sear station and side burner gas grill by Cornman
- › Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill by erikself
- › Bradley Digital 4- Rack Smoker by hoekma
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by WickedPigeon
- › Char-Griller 9040 by Chicken Man 911
- › Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Front... by Wilkesctywildma