Wow that Plate must have been 48x73 7/8 x1/4 before you you rolled it .24" OD right? How did you roll it?That should last you forever.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySmokerstagged by Davidhef88, 11/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- grates made from a grocery cart? Last post on 11/30/13 at 9:17am in UDS Builds
- Stainless Steel! Last post on 11/23/13 at 6:13pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Operation: Turkey Gobble. Now with bonus Q-vue! Last post on 12/18/13 at 7:36am in Reverse Flow
- My 1st UDS build!! Last post on 3/7/14 at 10:33am in UDS Builds
- UDS Build in Progress Last post on 1/12/14 at 10:52pm in UDS Builds
I've had my Daniel Boone for 3 years or so. Smoked countless briskets, pork butts, turkey, tri tip, prime ribs, summer sausage, pepperoni, brats, jerky, fish....the list goes on and on. Always has...
I have A 5x8 Smoke Box, And A Twelve inch Smoke Tube. Stop By A-maze-n Store Today To Pick Up Thermometer. And Todd Took Care Of Me, He is Excellent to work with, even sent me home with some free...
I bought this unit because I was tired of the cheap thermometers at the store. Little did I realize what an improvement this was going to be. The oven probe showed that my smoker was 23 degrees...
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
Starting a build and have a few questions (pictures Added)(Q View now added) - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
The cylinder and ends I had cut and rolled by the company I bought the metal from Patton Steele. They cut and rolled it at a facility I think down in Orange County and transferred it around until it got to my local store. The cylinder and the ends as well as the metal for the firebox cost around $372 if I remember right. They even welded the cylinder together for no extra charge.
Your smoker is looking like it came out of a factory. Only thing I'm not seeing is a counter weight on the door. I wasn't going to put them on but my wife said no way....doors too heavy. I'm really glad I added them. doors used to weigh 60 lbs now around 5.
I used flax seed oil to season. Did some checking into seasoning and got the following:
Build a fire and run dry 300+degrees for 3-4 hours, cool down to around 100 or so and then spray with flax oil (can be found in health food store) then raise temp back up to 300+ for another 3-6 hours and you're done. The flax seed oil gets black and rock hard with the heat.
Finally got a chance to cook in the new smoker I cooked some baby back ribs. I think that I am still at the beginning of the learning curve they turned out really tasty the whole family liked them I took some pictures to show the cook. Thanks to everybody that helped me with my build. GB
as good as they look.
Smoker looks good, BBQ looks great I would say your build and cook turned out. The more you cook on your smoker the more comfortable you will become.
- Starting a build and have a few questions (pictures Added)(Q View now added)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Simple wings 4 minutes ago
- › Venison Ring Bologna 5 minutes ago
- › Meat Slicer 7 minutes ago
- › Hello everyone 10 minutes ago
- › Smoke generator and smoking meat 15 minutes ago
- › N Texan Fridge Smoker 15 minutes ago
- › New to the forum 19 minutes ago
- › Smoked Margarita Lime Chicken Galantine !!! 20 minutes ago
- › Why one should learn to control their smoke when smoking cheese or... 23 minutes ago
- › First Cheese Smoke---uggg! 25 minutes ago
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot