Wow that Plate must have been 48x73 7/8 x1/4 before you you rolled it .24" OD right? How did you roll it?That should last you forever.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySmokerstagged by Davidhef88, 11/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- grates made from a grocery cart? Last post on 5/28/17 at 4:50am in UDS Builds
- Stainless Steel! Last post on 11/23/13 at 6:13pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Operation: Turkey Gobble. Now with bonus Q-vue! Last post on 12/18/13 at 7:36am in Reverse Flow
- My 1st UDS build!! Last post on 3/7/14 at 10:33am in UDS Builds
- UDS Build in Progress Last post on 1/12/14 at 10:52pm in UDS Builds
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
Starting a build and have a few questions (pictures Added)(Q View now added) - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
The cylinder and ends I had cut and rolled by the company I bought the metal from Patton Steele. They cut and rolled it at a facility I think down in Orange County and transferred it around until it got to my local store. The cylinder and the ends as well as the metal for the firebox cost around $372 if I remember right. They even welded the cylinder together for no extra charge.
Your smoker is looking like it came out of a factory. Only thing I'm not seeing is a counter weight on the door. I wasn't going to put them on but my wife said no way....doors too heavy. I'm really glad I added them. doors used to weigh 60 lbs now around 5.
I used flax seed oil to season. Did some checking into seasoning and got the following:
Build a fire and run dry 300+degrees for 3-4 hours, cool down to around 100 or so and then spray with flax oil (can be found in health food store) then raise temp back up to 300+ for another 3-6 hours and you're done. The flax seed oil gets black and rock hard with the heat.
Finally got a chance to cook in the new smoker I cooked some baby back ribs. I think that I am still at the beginning of the learning curve they turned out really tasty the whole family liked them I took some pictures to show the cook. Thanks to everybody that helped me with my build. GB
as good as they look.
Smoker looks good, BBQ looks great I would say your build and cook turned out. The more you cook on your smoker the more comfortable you will become.
- Starting a build and have a few questions (pictures Added)(Q View now added)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Dry Beans with No Soak?? 3 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Pastrami Loaf with QView!!! 3 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Parsnips 4 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Trying out new rib rack and a new rub (W/ Q-View) 4 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › ThermoPro Intro Post! 4 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › I made a HOT alley. 4 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Smoked Meatloaf 5 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Yoder cheyenne 5 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Lamb shoulder 5 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Pellet grill 5 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods