Wow that Plate must have been 48x73 7/8 x1/4 before you you rolled it .24" OD right? How did you roll it?That should last you forever.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySmokerstagged by Davidhef88, 11/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- grates made from a grocery cart? Last post on 11/30/13 at 9:17am in UDS Builds
- Stainless Steel! Last post on 11/23/13 at 6:13pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Operation: Turkey Gobble. Now with bonus Q-vue! Last post on 12/18/13 at 7:36am in Reverse Flow
- My 1st UDS build!! Last post on 3/7/14 at 10:33am in UDS Builds
- UDS Build in Progress Last post on 1/12/14 at 10:52pm in UDS Builds
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Starting a build and have a few questions (pictures Added)(Q View now added) - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
The cylinder and ends I had cut and rolled by the company I bought the metal from Patton Steele. They cut and rolled it at a facility I think down in Orange County and transferred it around until it got to my local store. The cylinder and the ends as well as the metal for the firebox cost around $372 if I remember right. They even welded the cylinder together for no extra charge.
Your smoker is looking like it came out of a factory. Only thing I'm not seeing is a counter weight on the door. I wasn't going to put them on but my wife said no way....doors too heavy. I'm really glad I added them. doors used to weigh 60 lbs now around 5.
I used flax seed oil to season. Did some checking into seasoning and got the following:
Build a fire and run dry 300+degrees for 3-4 hours, cool down to around 100 or so and then spray with flax oil (can be found in health food store) then raise temp back up to 300+ for another 3-6 hours and you're done. The flax seed oil gets black and rock hard with the heat.
Finally got a chance to cook in the new smoker I cooked some baby back ribs. I think that I am still at the beginning of the learning curve they turned out really tasty the whole family liked them I took some pictures to show the cook. Thanks to everybody that helped me with my build. GB
as good as they look.
Smoker looks good, BBQ looks great I would say your build and cook turned out. The more you cook on your smoker the more comfortable you will become.
- Starting a build and have a few questions (pictures Added)(Q View now added)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Yeti Resting 6 minutes ago
- › Beef Dino Leftovers (Breakfast, Sammies, and some “Au Jus”) 9 minutes ago
- › Chucky Burnt Ends (with Mopar Powered “Hemi” Sauce) 13 minutes ago
- › A Pair Of Spares Beats A Full House! 14 minutes ago
- › Vegetarian Pulled Pork 25 minutes ago
- › Drying trees for smoking 27 minutes ago
- › 2016 South Florida Gathering (6th Annual) November 4th-6th 29 minutes ago
- › Myron Mixon MMS-60 33 minutes ago
- › CSR's On The Kettle !! 46 minutes ago
- › BDSkelly ~ NY Strips. First Burn on the Lodge Sportsman Grill /... 53 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona