Wow that Plate must have been 48x73 7/8 x1/4 before you you rolled it .24" OD right? How did you roll it?That should last you forever.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySmokerstagged by Davidhef88, 11/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- grates made from a grocery cart? Last post on 11/30/13 at 9:17am in UDS Builds
- Stainless Steel! Last post on 11/23/13 at 6:13pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Operation: Turkey Gobble. Now with bonus Q-vue! Last post on 12/18/13 at 7:36am in Reverse Flow
- My 1st UDS build!! Last post on 3/7/14 at 10:33am in UDS Builds
- UDS Build in Progress Last post on 1/12/14 at 10:52pm in UDS Builds
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
Starting a build and have a few questions (pictures Added)(Q View now added) - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
The cylinder and ends I had cut and rolled by the company I bought the metal from Patton Steele. They cut and rolled it at a facility I think down in Orange County and transferred it around until it got to my local store. The cylinder and the ends as well as the metal for the firebox cost around $372 if I remember right. They even welded the cylinder together for no extra charge.
Your smoker is looking like it came out of a factory. Only thing I'm not seeing is a counter weight on the door. I wasn't going to put them on but my wife said no way....doors too heavy. I'm really glad I added them. doors used to weigh 60 lbs now around 5.
I used flax seed oil to season. Did some checking into seasoning and got the following:
Build a fire and run dry 300+degrees for 3-4 hours, cool down to around 100 or so and then spray with flax oil (can be found in health food store) then raise temp back up to 300+ for another 3-6 hours and you're done. The flax seed oil gets black and rock hard with the heat.
Finally got a chance to cook in the new smoker I cooked some baby back ribs. I think that I am still at the beginning of the learning curve they turned out really tasty the whole family liked them I took some pictures to show the cook. Thanks to everybody that helped me with my build. GB
as good as they look.
Smoker looks good, BBQ looks great I would say your build and cook turned out. The more you cook on your smoker the more comfortable you will become.
- Starting a build and have a few questions (pictures Added)(Q View now added)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Lolipop legs bacon wrapped jalapeño popper chicken breast !Qview 18 minutes ago
- › Jalapeno elk saugage 23 minutes ago
- › ThermoPro TP20 any good? 3 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Smoke Chief cold smoke generator 3 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Can i hang my UMAi in my basement? 3 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Corned beef and hash 4 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Smoked Garlic Pork + 5 ~ Foamheart 4 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Some grilled chicken quarters. 4 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Which stick burner to buy?? 4 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › PID problems runaway temp 4 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub