- 67 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Location: Arkansas, six months, Florida six months
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPulled Porktagged by TulsaJeff, 9/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Maiden sparib voyage Last post on 2/21/16 at 11:32am in General Discussion
- Need advice Last post on 2/4/14 at 5:49am in Roll Call
- Butt smoke for U of M and OSU game Last post on 11/30/13 at 1:20pm in Pork
- Post Gobble Day Turkey and Butt Last post on 12/1/13 at 7:05am in General Discussion
- New MES 30 and a 8lb pork butt. Last post on 11/26/13 at 8:13am in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
honey whiskey pork butt - Page 2post #21 of 299/27/13 at 8:28amThread StarterYes, it was the first time I've used coconut hulls, with some help from oak wood to keep the temp at 180 deg. The thermometer was the one in the lid, my remote probe isn't working.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 299/27/13 at 8:42ampost #23 of 299/27/13 at 2:20pmpost #24 of 299/28/13 at 5:29amThread StarterThe pork had a sweet, smoky flavor, not sure what if any flavor from the hulls,I should of used charcoal with the coconut instead of oak. Always next time. When burning the coconut, the smoke smell was very sweet. Like burning sugar cane, not as strong.post #25 of 2910/5/13 at 9:32pmpost #26 of 2910/7/13 at 9:33pmpost #27 of 2910/7/13 at 10:39pmQuote:
I'm a tortaholic also.. I look forward to the next days leftovers more then the main course usually because it involves tortillas, cheese, and whatever else you can put in there! yumpost #28 of 2910/8/13 at 5:58pmThread StarterI like corn tortillas, gonna have a crowd over next weekend, gonna rebuild the pontoon, ribs, ribs ,and more ribs, including, tortillas, thats how I pay my helpIpost #29 of 2910/9/13 at 6:34amQuote:
aww hell im just the kinda help ur lookin for then..lmao. i definitely work for ribs and torts.
- honey whiskey pork butt
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Hawg Heaven Rub
Currently, there are 474 Active Users (19 Members and 455 Guests)
- › newbie 125 gallon reverse flow build the start 16 minutes ago
- › making snack sticks for the first time this weekend and a couple... 17 minutes ago
- › propane 43 minutes ago
- › Ground Venison Jerky 54 minutes ago
- › Need indoor smoker for restaurant. 56 minutes ago
- › Hi From lakeside CA 57 minutes ago
- › 96x30" trailer build 1 hour ago
- › Thermal switch / flame rollout placement. 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › SOUS VIDE PASTRAMI, A FIRST FOR ME! 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › New Forum Topic 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations