- 67 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Location: Arkansas, six months, Florida six months
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPulled Porktagged by TulsaJeff, 9/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Maiden sparib voyage Last post on 2/21/16 at 11:32am in General Discussion
- Need advice Last post on 2/4/14 at 5:49am in Roll Call
- Butt smoke for U of M and OSU game Last post on 11/30/13 at 1:20pm in Pork
- Post Gobble Day Turkey and Butt Last post on 12/1/13 at 7:05am in General Discussion
- New MES 30 and a 8lb pork butt. Last post on 11/26/13 at 8:13am in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
honey whiskey pork butt - Page 2post #21 of 299/27/13 at 8:28amThread StarterYes, it was the first time I've used coconut hulls, with some help from oak wood to keep the temp at 180 deg. The thermometer was the one in the lid, my remote probe isn't working.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 299/27/13 at 8:42ampost #23 of 299/27/13 at 2:20pmpost #24 of 299/28/13 at 5:29amThread StarterThe pork had a sweet, smoky flavor, not sure what if any flavor from the hulls,I should of used charcoal with the coconut instead of oak. Always next time. When burning the coconut, the smoke smell was very sweet. Like burning sugar cane, not as strong.post #25 of 2910/5/13 at 9:32pmpost #26 of 2910/7/13 at 9:33pmpost #27 of 2910/7/13 at 10:39pmQuote:
I'm a tortaholic also.. I look forward to the next days leftovers more then the main course usually because it involves tortillas, cheese, and whatever else you can put in there! yumpost #28 of 2910/8/13 at 5:58pmThread StarterI like corn tortillas, gonna have a crowd over next weekend, gonna rebuild the pontoon, ribs, ribs ,and more ribs, including, tortillas, thats how I pay my helpIpost #29 of 2910/9/13 at 6:34amQuote:
aww hell im just the kinda help ur lookin for then..lmao. i definitely work for ribs and torts.
- honey whiskey pork butt
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Hawg Heaven Rub
Currently, there are 689 Active Users (20 Members and 669 Guests)
- › Just joined the group 9 minutes ago
- › Question about moisture 13 minutes ago
- › Its 330 am time to smoke a butt! 13 minutes ago
- › First smoke 15 minutes ago
- › Poor Brisket Choices 16 minutes ago
- › How I start and use my WSM.... 46 minutes ago
- › Two Birds, Two different Rubs, Smokin Side By Side With The Tastes... 51 minutes ago
- › Wife's away 56 minutes ago
- › Looking for the best summer sasage seasoning mix 1 hour ago
- › Kingsford Briquettes vs. Royal Oak Ridge Briquettes: Burn... 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer