Ok guys and gals, this is my first time to cut down a rack of pork spare ribs into St. Louis style. That part went great, should of took some pics of the process to get feedback but forgot. Now I need to know if I cook the flat that came off the same as the ribs themselves? I'm going to be doing the 3-2-1 method on a Brinkman, first time to smoke ribs, (say a little prayer) but I plan on making burnt ends with the flat, which I've never done,(say another little prayer) so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPork Spare Ribstagged by Davidhef88, 9/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First tri tip and a couple racks of ribs Last post on 8/25/16 at 1:45pm in General Discussion
- Can you say rib tips? Jerk style Last post on 11/24/13 at 7:54pm in Pork
- Smoked ribs Last post on 11/23/13 at 5:37pm in Pork
- Preparing Ribs Last post on 12/2/13 at 12:14pm in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
I've had mine for more than 6 years and I really struggled through the first year with it getting too hot and burning up food. I was ready to give up and just use it as a charcoal grill. Then I...
I installed this and it worked flawlessly.
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
First timepost #1 of 119/18/13 at 9:03amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 119/18/13 at 9:45am
Dont waste that little chunk of goodness....that can be snacks for the Pitmaster later! I would treat it like the ribs...but it wont take as long to cook.
Good luck...show q-views! Love ribs
Katpost #3 of 119/18/13 at 9:48amThread Starterpost #4 of 119/18/13 at 9:52ampost #5 of 119/18/13 at 10:25amThread Starterpost #6 of 119/18/13 at 6:39pmThread Starter
Well my first smoking of ribs and some brats, everything turned out great, here are a few pics from beginning to end. Next time though I think I'll use the 2-2-1 method instead of the 3-2-1, I probably over smoked them a little but they were still aesome. Next in line.....a brisket.post #7 of 119/18/13 at 7:07pmpost #8 of 119/18/13 at 7:13pmThread Starterpost #9 of 119/18/13 at 7:37pmQuote:
Ah ok - if you do you will end up with another habit You gonna smoke a whole packer or just part?post #10 of 119/18/13 at 7:51pmThread Starter
I think with it being my first Brisket, I'll probably just smoke one part of it, that way if things don't turn out, I haven't wasted a whole piece of meat. Think I'll smoke the flat first and see how that goes. I know my Brinkman is an el cheapo but since I did the mods. to it it really works great, plus it was free.post #11 of 119/18/13 at 8:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by SoonerFan1
I think with it being my first Brisket, I'll probably just smoke one part of it, that way if things don't turn out, I haven't wasted a whole piece of meat. Think I'll smoke the flat first and see how that goes. I know my Brinkman is an el cheapo but since I did the mods. to it it really works great, plus it was free.
Sounds like a good plan & free smokers are great!
- First time
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › New Member in Alvarado Texas 5 minutes ago
- › My 1st rack of pork 6 minutes ago
- › Here is a cure formula for making bacon 8 minutes ago
- › Spares 9 minutes ago
- › Ideas 11 minutes ago
- › WSM Gourmet Pizza - Because I don't know what else to call it 15 minutes ago
- › Quickest technique to making bulk snack sticks 35 minutes ago
- › MAKING AN INEXPENSIVE TUBE SMOKER 54 minutes ago
- › Sous Vide Ground Beef 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › New - Oklahoma Joe's Highland Smoker 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › Horizon Smokers Charcoal Basket For 20 Inch Classic And Oklahoma... by ammaturesmoker
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices