Ok guys and gals, this is my first time to cut down a rack of pork spare ribs into St. Louis style. That part went great, should of took some pics of the process to get feedback but forgot. Now I need to know if I cook the flat that came off the same as the ribs themselves? I'm going to be doing the 3-2-1 method on a Brinkman, first time to smoke ribs, (say a little prayer) but I plan on making burnt ends with the flat, which I've never done,(say another little prayer) so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPork Spare Ribstagged by Davidhef88, 9/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First tri tip and a couple racks of ribs Last post on 8/25/16 at 1:45pm in General Discussion
- Can you say rib tips? Jerk style Last post on 11/24/13 at 7:54pm in Pork
- Smoked ribs Last post on 11/23/13 at 5:37pm in Pork
- Preparing Ribs Last post on 12/2/13 at 12:14pm in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
First timepost #1 of 119/18/13 at 9:03amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 119/18/13 at 9:45am
Dont waste that little chunk of goodness....that can be snacks for the Pitmaster later! I would treat it like the ribs...but it wont take as long to cook.
Good luck...show q-views! Love ribs
Katpost #3 of 119/18/13 at 9:48amThread Starterpost #4 of 119/18/13 at 9:52ampost #5 of 119/18/13 at 10:25amThread Starterpost #6 of 119/18/13 at 6:39pmThread Starter
Well my first smoking of ribs and some brats, everything turned out great, here are a few pics from beginning to end. Next time though I think I'll use the 2-2-1 method instead of the 3-2-1, I probably over smoked them a little but they were still aesome. Next in line.....a brisket.post #7 of 119/18/13 at 7:07pmpost #8 of 119/18/13 at 7:13pmThread Starterpost #9 of 119/18/13 at 7:37pmQuote:
Ah ok - if you do you will end up with another habit You gonna smoke a whole packer or just part?post #10 of 119/18/13 at 7:51pmThread Starter
I think with it being my first Brisket, I'll probably just smoke one part of it, that way if things don't turn out, I haven't wasted a whole piece of meat. Think I'll smoke the flat first and see how that goes. I know my Brinkman is an el cheapo but since I did the mods. to it it really works great, plus it was free.post #11 of 119/18/13 at 8:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by SoonerFan1
I think with it being my first Brisket, I'll probably just smoke one part of it, that way if things don't turn out, I haven't wasted a whole piece of meat. Think I'll smoke the flat first and see how that goes. I know my Brinkman is an el cheapo but since I did the mods. to it it really works great, plus it was free.
Sounds like a good plan & free smokers are great!
- First time
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › ham curing days set in stone? 3 minutes ago
- › is there a good reason not to use a 60L barrel in a MiniWSM build ? 3 minutes ago
- › Smoked Tialpia on Little Chief 4 minutes ago
- › newbie 125 gallon reverse flow build the start 6 minutes ago
- › Cold smoking hard boiled eggs the EASY way 8 minutes ago
- › Rib Steaks in The Snow 16 minutes ago
- › Roll Call 20 minutes ago
- › Fillet Mignon Sammies 20 minutes ago
- › I know what I'm doing this weekend... 29 minutes ago
- › WSM sale question 29 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations