Ok guys and gals, this is my first time to cut down a rack of pork spare ribs into St. Louis style. That part went great, should of took some pics of the process to get feedback but forgot. Now I need to know if I cook the flat that came off the same as the ribs themselves? I'm going to be doing the 3-2-1 method on a Brinkman, first time to smoke ribs, (say a little prayer) but I plan on making burnt ends with the flat, which I've never done,(say another little prayer) so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPork Spare Ribstagged by Davidhef88, 9/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First tri tip and a couple racks of ribs Last post on 8/25/16 at 1:45pm in General Discussion
- Can you say rib tips? Jerk style Last post on 11/24/13 at 7:54pm in Pork
- Smoked ribs Last post on 11/23/13 at 5:37pm in Pork
- Preparing Ribs Last post on 12/2/13 at 12:14pm in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
First timepost #1 of 119/18/13 at 9:03amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 119/18/13 at 9:45am
Dont waste that little chunk of goodness....that can be snacks for the Pitmaster later! I would treat it like the ribs...but it wont take as long to cook.
Good luck...show q-views! Love ribs
Katpost #3 of 119/18/13 at 9:48amThread Starterpost #4 of 119/18/13 at 9:52ampost #5 of 119/18/13 at 10:25amThread Starterpost #6 of 119/18/13 at 6:39pmThread Starter
Well my first smoking of ribs and some brats, everything turned out great, here are a few pics from beginning to end. Next time though I think I'll use the 2-2-1 method instead of the 3-2-1, I probably over smoked them a little but they were still aesome. Next in line.....a brisket.post #7 of 119/18/13 at 7:07pmpost #8 of 119/18/13 at 7:13pmThread Starterpost #9 of 119/18/13 at 7:37pmQuote:
Ah ok - if you do you will end up with another habit You gonna smoke a whole packer or just part?post #10 of 119/18/13 at 7:51pmThread Starter
I think with it being my first Brisket, I'll probably just smoke one part of it, that way if things don't turn out, I haven't wasted a whole piece of meat. Think I'll smoke the flat first and see how that goes. I know my Brinkman is an el cheapo but since I did the mods. to it it really works great, plus it was free.post #11 of 119/18/13 at 8:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by SoonerFan1
I think with it being my first Brisket, I'll probably just smoke one part of it, that way if things don't turn out, I haven't wasted a whole piece of meat. Think I'll smoke the flat first and see how that goes. I know my Brinkman is an el cheapo but since I did the mods. to it it really works great, plus it was free.
Sounds like a good plan & free smokers are great!
- First time
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › Smoked Meatloaf 2 minutes ago
- › Yoder cheyenne 10 minutes ago
- › Lamb shoulder 11 minutes ago
- › Pellet grill 19 minutes ago
- › Hello from Black Creek Ga 30 minutes ago
- › Spam.... the canned meat type.... 31 minutes ago
- › question on my amazing amaz-n smoker 36 minutes ago
- › First Pork Butt and Pulling My Hair Out 37 minutes ago
- › New smoker in Indiana 45 minutes ago
- › Trying out new rib rack and a new rub (W/ Q-View) 51 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods