Ok guys and gals, this is my first time to cut down a rack of pork spare ribs into St. Louis style. That part went great, should of took some pics of the process to get feedback but forgot. Now I need to know if I cook the flat that came off the same as the ribs themselves? I'm going to be doing the 3-2-1 method on a Brinkman, first time to smoke ribs, (say a little prayer) but I plan on making burnt ends with the flat, which I've never done,(say another little prayer) so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPork Spare Ribstagged by Davidhef88, 9/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First tri tip and a couple racks of ribs Last post on 8/25/16 at 1:45pm in General Discussion
- Can you say rib tips? Jerk style Last post on 11/24/13 at 7:54pm in Pork
- Smoked ribs Last post on 11/23/13 at 5:37pm in Pork
- Preparing Ribs Last post on 12/2/13 at 12:14pm in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
You won't find these at Wal-Mart!!!
I purchased one of the very early Traeger Lil' Tex models about 20 years ago. It was the first pellet grill I had ever seen and I fell in love instantly. Over time I added a digital thermometer to...
This product will not work in a propane smoker and it is a known defect by Amazen. The gas fire fights with the smoker for the air supply and the smoker usually looses an will not burn. They...
My stock temp gauge after 3 uses was about 50 degrees off. So I ordered this one cause I have seen this one in many videos and pictures. and the rating was good. Had to make the hole bigger to...
I purchased this grill on 5-05-2017-----so I purchased this grill (Tailgater in Blue) from my local ACE hardware and the temps are all over the place, so far I have e-mailed back and forth (3...
First timepost #1 of 119/18/13 at 9:03amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 119/18/13 at 9:45am
Dont waste that little chunk of goodness....that can be snacks for the Pitmaster later! I would treat it like the ribs...but it wont take as long to cook.
Good luck...show q-views! Love ribs
Katpost #3 of 119/18/13 at 9:48amThread Starterpost #4 of 119/18/13 at 9:52ampost #5 of 119/18/13 at 10:25amThread Starterpost #6 of 119/18/13 at 6:39pmThread Starter
Well my first smoking of ribs and some brats, everything turned out great, here are a few pics from beginning to end. Next time though I think I'll use the 2-2-1 method instead of the 3-2-1, I probably over smoked them a little but they were still aesome. Next in line.....a brisket.post #7 of 119/18/13 at 7:07pmpost #8 of 119/18/13 at 7:13pmThread Starterpost #9 of 119/18/13 at 7:37pmQuote:
Ah ok - if you do you will end up with another habit You gonna smoke a whole packer or just part?post #10 of 119/18/13 at 7:51pmThread Starter
I think with it being my first Brisket, I'll probably just smoke one part of it, that way if things don't turn out, I haven't wasted a whole piece of meat. Think I'll smoke the flat first and see how that goes. I know my Brinkman is an el cheapo but since I did the mods. to it it really works great, plus it was free.post #11 of 119/18/13 at 8:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by SoonerFan1
I think with it being my first Brisket, I'll probably just smoke one part of it, that way if things don't turn out, I haven't wasted a whole piece of meat. Think I'll smoke the flat first and see how that goes. I know my Brinkman is an el cheapo but since I did the mods. to it it really works great, plus it was free.
Sounds like a good plan & free smokers are great!
- First time
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › New SS Mix 3 minutes ago
- › New to the Site - Asheville, NC 3 minutes ago
- › Lightly smoked asparagus 11 minutes ago
- › What a bummer 36 minutes ago
- › frog legs 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Big party smoke with Q-Vuew 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › i want to convert my smoker to electric 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Going to try rump roast on Saturday-thoughts? 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Pork shoulder smoking time? 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › It's a Wing Thing! 2 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Old Country Brasos by ammaturesmoker
- › Traeger Lil' Tex Elite Pellet Grill by Gjd53
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by Smokedevil
- › 3 Inch Large Smoker Thermometer by Tragusa113
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by bigdumbjarhead
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by 603Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by daRicksta
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by BC taster
- › Brinkmann Pro Series 4400 by LilyArscott
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by Jarch
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS