Ok guys and gals, this is my first time to cut down a rack of pork spare ribs into St. Louis style. That part went great, should of took some pics of the process to get feedback but forgot. Now I need to know if I cook the flat that came off the same as the ribs themselves? I'm going to be doing the 3-2-1 method on a Brinkman, first time to smoke ribs, (say a little prayer) but I plan on making burnt ends with the flat, which I've never done,(say another little prayer) so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPork Spare Ribstagged by Davidhef88, 9/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First tri tip and a couple racks of ribs Last post on 8/25/16 at 1:45pm in Meat Selection and Processing
- Can you say rib tips? Jerk style Last post on 11/24/13 at 7:54pm in Pork
- Smoked ribs Last post on 11/23/13 at 5:37pm in Pork
- Preparing Ribs Last post on 12/2/13 at 12:14pm in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
First timepost #1 of 119/18/13 at 9:03amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 119/18/13 at 9:45am
Dont waste that little chunk of goodness....that can be snacks for the Pitmaster later! I would treat it like the ribs...but it wont take as long to cook.
Good luck...show q-views! Love ribs
Katpost #3 of 119/18/13 at 9:48amThread Starterpost #4 of 119/18/13 at 9:52ampost #5 of 119/18/13 at 10:25amThread Starterpost #6 of 119/18/13 at 6:39pmThread Starter
Well my first smoking of ribs and some brats, everything turned out great, here are a few pics from beginning to end. Next time though I think I'll use the 2-2-1 method instead of the 3-2-1, I probably over smoked them a little but they were still aesome. Next in line.....a brisket.post #7 of 119/18/13 at 7:07pmpost #8 of 119/18/13 at 7:13pmThread Starterpost #9 of 119/18/13 at 7:37pmQuote:
Ah ok - if you do you will end up with another habit You gonna smoke a whole packer or just part?post #10 of 119/18/13 at 7:51pmThread Starter
I think with it being my first Brisket, I'll probably just smoke one part of it, that way if things don't turn out, I haven't wasted a whole piece of meat. Think I'll smoke the flat first and see how that goes. I know my Brinkman is an el cheapo but since I did the mods. to it it really works great, plus it was free.post #11 of 119/18/13 at 8:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by SoonerFan1
I think with it being my first Brisket, I'll probably just smoke one part of it, that way if things don't turn out, I haven't wasted a whole piece of meat. Think I'll smoke the flat first and see how that goes. I know my Brinkman is an el cheapo but since I did the mods. to it it really works great, plus it was free.
Sounds like a good plan & free smokers are great!
- First time
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › Morning, total rookie here in the smoking world. 8 minutes ago
- › 500 Gallon Reverse Flow heating issues 10 minutes ago
- › I need some help very badly (getting thin blue line of smoke) 35 minutes ago
- › Assassin Grill/Smoker...Slowly Smoking the Competition! 36 minutes ago
- › Smoking veggies 40 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt "Cold Smoker" unit 50 minutes ago
- › Hey y'all from middle Georgia!! 51 minutes ago
- › Pepper & Garlic jerky 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › New smoker stick for Cookshack? 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › LOBSTER AU GRATIN for dinner, last night & tonight 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ