I have one in the brine bucket . Will smoke it tomorrow . I used the Herbed Brined turkey recipe from "Charcuterie" . I just bought the book after learning about it on this site .
Related Forum Threads
- GOBBLE GOBBLE THROWDOWN!!!! Last post on 1/28/16 at 1:52pm in SMF Throwdowns
- brining Last post on 12/12/14 at 7:46pm in General Discussion
- smoking a 20lb turkey this thanksgiving Last post on 11/25/14 at 10:09pm in Poultry
- Post Gobble Day Turkey and Butt Last post on 12/1/13 at 7:05am in General Discussion
- 1st Turkey! Last post on 12/2/13 at 3:02am in General Discussion
Here Piggy Piggy Brine
Last edited: 6/11/12
- Wiki Article TutorialLast edited: 5/24/10
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
I agree with everything yamafx4dude said. The box itself is great. Well insulted and large enough for a large family I need to smoke for. However the electronics in this unit suck… DO NOT depend...
This is a nice set it and forget it type of thing. One thing I do want to mention on it...lump coal is not easy to work with on this. Stay with Kingsford. Well made and works like a charm. I am not...
- Wiki Article Tutorial
Cured/ brined turkey on the Smokin' It#3 - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
To me it looks great.
Never brined a turkey but Canadian thanksgiving this weekend I plan to. Question though.
My parents are in there 90's, they are going to look and see the pink and say this turkey isn't done. I take it the pink hue is just natural from you adding the cure?
Cure isn't needed in this is it? And if its not added will the turkey still be the white as per the norm?
Probably complain about it being juicy also, as I don't ever remember eating a turkey that didn't have to be covered in gravy to have resemblance of moisture....lol
Roughly 12lb'r I will brine in a herb brine, going to smoke it with savoury herb pellets from bbqr's delight. If I put it in at noon at 250 it should be done by 5 or 6?
Once again well done Dert, you've given me the motivation to try it.
Edited by navier - 10/11/13 at 2:04pm
- Cured/ brined turkey on the Smokin' It#3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Is it bad to smoke meat in a shed?? 2 minutes ago
- › Grillstock - The BBQ Cook Book 8 minutes ago
- › Another Greenhorn! 14 minutes ago
- › Fassets Fatty cannon patties! 16 minutes ago
- › I'm Sold On SV !! 21 minutes ago
- › Australian Brisket - with Q-View! 43 minutes ago
- › Sous Vide Experiment 45 minutes ago
- › The WiFi Anova Drummie cook 46 minutes ago
- › Thank you 54 minutes ago
- › Weekend smoke with the teens 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot