I have one in the brine bucket . Will smoke it tomorrow . I used the Herbed Brined turkey recipe from "Charcuterie" . I just bought the book after learning about it on this site .
Related Forum Threads
- GOBBLE GOBBLE THROWDOWN!!!! Last post on 1/28/16 at 1:52pm in SMF Throwdowns
- brining Last post on 12/12/14 at 7:46pm in General Discussion
- smoking a 20lb turkey this thanksgiving Last post on 11/25/14 at 10:09pm in Poultry
- Post Gobble Day Turkey and Butt Last post on 12/1/13 at 7:05am in General Discussion
- 1st Turkey! Last post on 12/2/13 at 3:02am in General Discussion
Here Piggy Piggy Brine
Last edited: 6/11/12
- Wiki Article TutorialLast edited: 5/24/10
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
- Wiki Article Tutorial
Cured/ brined turkey on the Smokin' It#3 - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
To me it looks great.
Never brined a turkey but Canadian thanksgiving this weekend I plan to. Question though.
My parents are in there 90's, they are going to look and see the pink and say this turkey isn't done. I take it the pink hue is just natural from you adding the cure?
Cure isn't needed in this is it? And if its not added will the turkey still be the white as per the norm?
Probably complain about it being juicy also, as I don't ever remember eating a turkey that didn't have to be covered in gravy to have resemblance of moisture....lol
Roughly 12lb'r I will brine in a herb brine, going to smoke it with savoury herb pellets from bbqr's delight. If I put it in at noon at 250 it should be done by 5 or 6?
Once again well done Dert, you've given me the motivation to try it.
Edited by navier - 10/11/13 at 2:04pm
- Cured/ brined turkey on the Smokin' It#3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › So I bought a Traeger......... 16 minutes ago
- › First smoke of the year, first attempt at a Fatty. 17 minutes ago
- › Vision B Kamado Grill vs MES? Buying new grill help.... 32 minutes ago
- › File Cabinet Smoker? 59 minutes ago
- › Babybacks/short ribs Updated and 1 hour ago
- › Dried venison 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Intro and build question 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Gammon Shanks 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › First smoke !!.. 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Curing bacon 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives