I have one in the brine bucket . Will smoke it tomorrow . I used the Herbed Brined turkey recipe from "Charcuterie" . I just bought the book after learning about it on this site .
Related Forum Threads
- GOBBLE GOBBLE THROWDOWN!!!! Last post on 1/28/16 at 1:52pm in SMF Throwdowns
- brining Last post on 12/12/14 at 7:46pm in General Discussion
- smoking a 20lb turkey this thanksgiving Last post on 11/25/14 at 10:09pm in Poultry
- Post Gobble Day Turkey and Butt Last post on 12/1/13 at 7:05am in General Discussion
- 1st Turkey! Last post on 12/2/13 at 3:02am in General Discussion
Here Piggy Piggy Brine
Last edited: 6/11/12
- Wiki Article TutorialLast edited: 5/24/10
Got this for convenience and the ease of smoking at tailgates or events without pulling the stick burner. Smoked several meals on it now. While I was assembling the smoker, i saw the wood chip tray...
If you ever wanted to make sausage and jerky this is the book that will get you started. Easy step-by-step instructions show you how to bone out a deer for sausage and jerky. Also includes both...
I know it's bad form to be underwhelmed by this book, but am I the only one who actually read it? There are duplicated parts, there is no discernible order to it, and it is mostly aimed at people...
I received this smoker as a gift - it's the 30" model. I read in the forums here about some mods to improve functionality and I did them: installed a base and casters, added some insulation around...
I received the 38' Smoky Hollow with the glass door at Christmas, and have done about 5 smokes so far. The unit is roomy enough to do a 12+ lb. brisket and much more. After two smokes, I ordered a...
- Wiki Article Tutorial
Cured/ brined turkey on the Smokin' It#3 - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
To me it looks great.
Never brined a turkey but Canadian thanksgiving this weekend I plan to. Question though.
My parents are in there 90's, they are going to look and see the pink and say this turkey isn't done. I take it the pink hue is just natural from you adding the cure?
Cure isn't needed in this is it? And if its not added will the turkey still be the white as per the norm?
Probably complain about it being juicy also, as I don't ever remember eating a turkey that didn't have to be covered in gravy to have resemblance of moisture....lol
Roughly 12lb'r I will brine in a herb brine, going to smoke it with savoury herb pellets from bbqr's delight. If I put it in at noon at 250 it should be done by 5 or 6?
Once again well done Dert, you've given me the motivation to try it.
Edited by navier - 10/11/13 at 2:04pm
- Cured/ brined turkey on the Smokin' It#3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Brisket 21 minutes ago
- › To pan, or not to pan. (The Butt) 23 minutes ago
- › App and game night 28 minutes ago
- › Texas toast ribeye burgers with pulled pork 30 minutes ago
- › Teach me please! 31 minutes ago
- › First overnight smoke - pork shoulder 32 minutes ago
- › Newbie here 35 minutes ago
- › 40" MES taking a very long time to finish meat 39 minutes ago
- › Pork Loin and Smoked Mac n Cheese 41 minutes ago
- › Member: Fire it Up...update 50 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Masterbuilt Two Door Propane Smoker by JASinIL2006
- › Outdoor Leisure Products Smoke Hollow 38202G by csparrazza
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by mikeg1218
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by fivebadgers
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine