I have one in the brine bucket . Will smoke it tomorrow . I used the Herbed Brined turkey recipe from "Charcuterie" . I just bought the book after learning about it on this site .
Related Forum Threads
- GOBBLE GOBBLE THROWDOWN!!!! Last post on 1/28/16 at 1:52pm in SMF Throwdowns
- brining Last post on 12/12/14 at 7:46pm in General Discussion
- smoking a 20lb turkey this thanksgiving Last post on 11/25/14 at 10:09pm in Poultry
- Post Gobble Day Turkey and Butt Last post on 12/1/13 at 7:05am in General Discussion
- 1st Turkey! Last post on 12/2/13 at 3:02am in General Discussion
Here Piggy Piggy Brine
Last edited: 6/11/12
- Wiki Article TutorialLast edited: 5/24/10
I've had my RecTec 680 for about three weeks or so. I've already cooked on it about 10 times I imagine. I've got baby backs smoking on it right now. This smoker is worth every penny you'll pay for...
I got this because smoking on my Weber kettle gets a little crowded. In stock form, this thing would probably be pretty useless. I was able to mod it with very little extra money because I...
after my seasoning run and 1st smoking session, I had to alter the unit..closed firebox to chamber up some and added a 3/16 plate deflector on top of it so heat and smoke ran more directly into...
Smoker is everything you need as a novice or pro. I converted my smoker to natural gas. Extremely easy conversion explained by the company on their website. Bought the #51 drill bit at Ace Hardware...
I was on a waiting list to get my Timberline 1300. Now having owned it 6 weeks, It has become a $2000 paperweight that occupies space on my deck. Avoid this grill, Traeger likes to tout their world...
- Wiki Article Tutorial
Cured/ brined turkey on the Smokin' It#3 - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
To me it looks great.
Never brined a turkey but Canadian thanksgiving this weekend I plan to. Question though.
My parents are in there 90's, they are going to look and see the pink and say this turkey isn't done. I take it the pink hue is just natural from you adding the cure?
Cure isn't needed in this is it? And if its not added will the turkey still be the white as per the norm?
Probably complain about it being juicy also, as I don't ever remember eating a turkey that didn't have to be covered in gravy to have resemblance of moisture....lol
Roughly 12lb'r I will brine in a herb brine, going to smoke it with savoury herb pellets from bbqr's delight. If I put it in at noon at 250 it should be done by 5 or 6?
Once again well done Dert, you've given me the motivation to try it.
Edited by navier - 10/11/13 at 2:04pm
- Cured/ brined turkey on the Smokin' It#3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › August 2017 Throwdown - YardBird!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Howdy y'all 2 minutes ago
- › Moist meat surface vs dry 6 minutes ago
- › A few CSR's for the game.. 12 minutes ago
- › Pork butt hot and fast 16 minutes ago
- › Maryland group forming come join us 22 minutes ago
- › New to forum 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › New smoker. 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › First Brisket 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › I've Been Challenged ... 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by SenseiRogue
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by jdkimbro
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ