I have one in the brine bucket . Will smoke it tomorrow . I used the Herbed Brined turkey recipe from "Charcuterie" . I just bought the book after learning about it on this site .
Related Forum Threads
- GOBBLE GOBBLE THROWDOWN!!!! Last post on 1/28/16 at 1:52pm in SMF Throwdowns
- brining Last post on 12/12/14 at 7:46pm in General Discussion
- smoking a 20lb turkey this thanksgiving Last post on 11/25/14 at 10:09pm in Poultry
- Post Gobble Day Turkey and Butt Last post on 12/1/13 at 7:05am in General Discussion
- 1st Turkey! Last post on 12/2/13 at 3:02am in General Discussion
Here Piggy Piggy Brine
Last edited: 6/11/12
- Wiki Article TutorialLast edited: 5/24/10
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
I started out on a friends Traegar at work and made the decision to get a pellet smoker, I researched for awhile and was leaning towards the Green Mountain Grill line, I went and checked them out...
- Wiki Article Tutorial
Cured/ brined turkey on the Smokin' It#3 - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
To me it looks great.
Never brined a turkey but Canadian thanksgiving this weekend I plan to. Question though.
My parents are in there 90's, they are going to look and see the pink and say this turkey isn't done. I take it the pink hue is just natural from you adding the cure?
Cure isn't needed in this is it? And if its not added will the turkey still be the white as per the norm?
Probably complain about it being juicy also, as I don't ever remember eating a turkey that didn't have to be covered in gravy to have resemblance of moisture....lol
Roughly 12lb'r I will brine in a herb brine, going to smoke it with savoury herb pellets from bbqr's delight. If I put it in at noon at 250 it should be done by 5 or 6?
Once again well done Dert, you've given me the motivation to try it.
Edited by navier - 10/11/13 at 2:04pm
- Cured/ brined turkey on the Smokin' It#3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › What to do with brisket trimmings? 1 minute ago
- › I am looking for a meat thermometer that has a stored "high temp... 3 minutes ago
- › Back in the game! 4 minutes ago
- › Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Reverse Flow?? 11 minutes ago
- › Quick Simple Pork loin 12 minutes ago
- › Savory Stuffed Pork Loin 14 minutes ago
- › Lump Charcoal On SALE at Home Depot 18 minutes ago
- › PID Questions 20 minutes ago
- › How far in advance can you trim the fat???? 21 minutes ago
- › MES won't heat to set temp 21 minutes ago
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...